• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You trippin?

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I would say that people who are wealthier than me pose a much more direct effect on my well being (and that of my loved ones) than a person who smokes pot. Before you go about scourging pot-smokers, I would consider the bigger reasons for shortened and unhealthy lives. When war, hate politics, industrial pollution, climate change, traffic congestion, lack of access to healthcare, un-affordable pharmaceuticals, and living at or below poverty levels is addressed, maybe then we can look at marijuana use as a form of public nuisance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would say that people who are wealthier than me pose a much more direct effect on my well being (and that of my loved ones) than a person who smokes pot. Before you go about scourging pot-smokers, I would consider the bigger reasons for shortened and unhealthy lives. When war, hate politics, industrial pollution, climate change, traffic congestion, lack of access to healthcare, un-affordable pharmaceuticals, and living at or below poverty levels is addressed, maybe then we can look at marijuana use as a form of public nuisance.

Yeah, tell that to my cousin, another cousin, an old neighbor of mine and a very good friend who is still laid up in the hospital about 5 years later. While all those things you mentioned matter, please don't make light of impaired people claiming lives or ruining lives of families. They are literally letting tens of thousands of people out to do what they want and you wanna talk everyday bullsh!t ?? C'mon, stay focused.

All this stuff at hand, and people are still trying to find a back-door approach to bring politics into it. :doh:

equippaint

Why is it always a thing now to deflect and point at other problems as an excuse to let another one persist? It somewhat mirrors this lack of responsibility people have today with a constant justification of bad behavior by pointing out worse behavior. .

TimToad

There’s money to be made and millions of corporate dollars pushing the medicinal value concept. Theres no incentive to discredit it from the other side at this point. So I call BS.
It’s not magical, its a mind altering drug that is a problem in the workplace and on the roads that will continue to get worse.
Additionally, it has been shown to hinder brain development in teens. I dont see how anyone can get behind another smokable product after years of efforts to get people to stop smoking cigarettes. Theres an overabundance of data showing the harm in not just smoking but respiration of other airborne pollutants. Why is this different?
Now for the culture. Its annoying that peoples lives revolve around this, its an obsession of many and an identity to others. If you are against it they jump all over you. The hypocrisy is heavy. The same states that push for stricter emissions regulations on diesel engines for health reasons are the same states pushing to legalize a product you inhale in your lungs. Then, my favorite. “Its not addicting” says the guy who smokes sun up to sun down for the past 25 years. Just because it doesnt require a medical detox and you dont OD on it does not mean its not addicting.
I dont care if people smoke and dont agree with criminalizing it up to a certain point but if this is your thing, keep it to yourself. Quit cramming your habits down my throat.

Do you also call BS on the mountain of supplements, diet fad drugs, bent penis syndrome drugs, workout aids, alcoholic fads like boozy root beer, etc.?

Comparing the pollution and emissions of a person torching a joint and a monster 4x4 pickup with a V8 towing a trailer full of jet skis, snowmobiles, ATVs, etc.is a huge stretch and actually pretty hilarious on its face.

Are you aware of the fact that there are pain relief, seizure control, nausea inhibiting compounds in some strains of marijuana that have ZERO% THC or other psychotropic effects?

Are you aware that you must be 21 or older to enter a dispensary and must show a valid ID that is crosschecked electronically EVERY time you enter?

Are you aware that there are a multitude of other options for ingestion besides smoking? I personally have mostly switched to edibles in the form of a gummy bear candy with my favorite being a pineapple/habanero flavor.

I think you are relying on some very outdated stereotypes of stoned, barely conscious, unmotivated hippies laying around unable to function.

How is anyone cramming it down your throat if you don't embibe yourself and avoid people that do? We just returned from a camping weekend where about half of the 30 or so adults there don't use it, some do lightly and some are really heavy users. We're around these folks all the time and I didn't see anybody trying to force anyone, shaming anyone for not partaking or pressuring anyone to try it.

Johnny Best

"bent penis syndrome drugs", "pineapple/habanero flavor gummy bears"

Way to much personal information there Toad!

equippaint

Do you also call BS on the mountain of supplements, diet fad drugs, bent penis syndrome drugs, workout aids, alcoholic fads like boozy root beer, etc.?

Comparing the pollution and emissions of a person torching a joint and a monster 4x4 pickup with a V8 towing a trailer full of jet skis, snowmobiles, ATVs, etc.is a huge stretch and actually pretty hilarious on its face.

Are you aware of the fact that there are pain relief, seizure control, nausea inhibiting compounds in some strains of marijuana that have ZERO% THC or other psychotropic effects?
I call BS on many things. There are some things it can be used for but that's not why 99% of people use it. Additionally, its made out to be this cure all for every ailment under the sun with absolutely zero side effects or future health implications..

I'm not comparing it to pollution, like I said earlier, one does not negate the other, both are bad in your lungs..

Yes, I'm totally aware that there are 0 THC strains. So if were going to make the medical argument, why aren't only these the strains available with the exception of forms with THC for people with cancer? To me, its simple. People want to get high.

As far as it being crammed down my neck, I didn't mean literally people trying to make me use it. I meant people forcing me to accept their view when I do not think its proliferation is good. I think its better as it is so people respect it and are more modest in its use.

My main beef is that people are just not honest about it, it's use, it's effects and really themselves. If they would just say we want it legal because we want to get stoned then it wouldn't annoy me so much.

clarizeyale

^ actually, there's this thing called the "entourage effect" … it's this theory (I think more than a theory actually) that though each compound in cannabis is beneficial, they actually work way better together. This includes the compounds THC, THCA, THCV, CBD, CBN, and CBG, all found in cannabis. Each has its own benefits such as pain relief, sedative properties, anti-inflammatory, etc. The right percentage of each depending on the person can help a person who is going through cancer, surgery/pain, insomnia, depression, PTSD, or even for recreational use! (I love what I call sleepy time stuff aka sedatives aka CBN) But so far, people are only stuck on the whole CBD hype, sans THC, not wanting to get high but don't understand that you need the different compounds to work together. It's no different than the highs you get from prescription pills but with less pain and other issues...

You can also take high high dosages of cannabis in suppository form and this won't get you high at all. This is absolutely beneficial for those who are cancer patients as the high dose can treat them best without the ill effects of a strong high.

I use a ratio of 3:1 CBD:THC pen when I have a stomachache or headache and it goes away. We have a 1:1 balm for anytime my wrist is sore, massage it in, and the pain goes away within minutes. I use a cannabis oil infused coconut oil for my skin care routine.

I get what you mean about the culture but there are people who don't live their lives like that. To me, I like natural things (I use lavender oil for calming, tea tree oil for cuts or other personal uses, cannabis is just another natural thing to use)… people are using the culture now to benefit from it financially... they really should be using it to help others in the best way that they can.

oh, and I advise against using hemp derived CBD. Full Spectrum products is what you want :)

(if you're curious, Gossamer has more detailed info of the compounds mentioned above)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While your 'entourage effect' is only a proposed mechanism, it is still only conjecture and anecdotal evidence. Nothing scientific about it. A placebo can act much in the same way.

If it helps you, knock yourself out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

This is right in the middle of YOUR proof.

bogus pot story.jpg

It's all conjecture and hopeful thinking. Did you actually read this before you hit send ??

clarizeyale

just to add.. If you don't know Dr Gupta, he was strongly against the legalization of cannabis... during his research.. yknow, being a doctor and all.. cuz science... he changed his mind on his thoughts on cannabis

https://internationalcbc.com/dr-sanjay-gupta-cannabis-can-be-a-gateway-to-recovery/

This is right in the middle of YOUR proof.

View attachment 140625
It's all conjecture and hopeful thinking. Did you actually read this before you hit send ??

yes I did.. this was something that was written in 2014..... which I'm sure the science since then has studied further than what this old article that I pulled up that came after that Wikipedia page you pulled your words from.

The post from Gossamer was written within the last year... The post I just linked was also within this last year.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'd like to see some studies on how weed is going in Colorado... be interesting to see how it's effecting things here.. Personally I haven't noticed anything different then anywhere else in the US.

clarizeyale

Its still not proven. The basis point is marinol too which is all synthetic.
Straight from the article:
While science has not yet shown the exact role or mechanism for all these various compounds, evidence is mounting that these compounds work better together than in isolation: That is the "entourage effect."

again.. written.. in.. 2014..

guys, its 2019.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My words are from statistics and actual proof. Again, you are just saying.... you are sure they've come further since the 2014. Do you realize, this trend as some put it, has been around since about the 60's and really stepped up the pace in the 90's. It hasn't gotten much further in the last 5 years than it did in the first 50 years. Anyway, Gupta did some more writings in 2018 about the properties of cannibus in helping people and in each and every part, there was NO proof anything of the kind is documented or possible. It is all projections and hearsay. In just about all cases.... Gupta treated concept(s) as settled science — not as a tentative hypothesis that required testing in rigorous studies.

I'm not doubting Gupta's intentions or findings, but they are not yet scientific by the very people he works for.

equippaint

My words are from statistics and actual proof. Again, you are just saying.... you are sure they've come further since the 2014. Do you realize, this trend as some put it, has been around since about the 60's and really stepped up the pace in the 90's. It hasn't gotten much further in the last 5 years than it did in the first 50 years. Anyway, Gupta did some more writings in 2018 about the properties of cannibus in helping people and in each and every part, there was NO proof anything of the kind is documented or possible. It is all projections and hearsay. In just about all cases.... Gupta treated concept(s) as settled science — not as a tentative hypothesis that required testing in rigorous studies.

I'm not doubting Gupta's intentions or findings, but they are not yet scientific by the very people he works for.
Theres a monetary agenda to this all. much of this science needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Who’s paying for it? Its not the governement and its no out of the goodness of their hearts. Someone is investing in the industry with a payoff in mind.
Back in time, they had science backing up the lead industry and its use in gas and tobacco had their science backing up their positions. I dont see much difference with this.