• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone on Facebook? Are social networks really this addictive?

Hey, I just started a new group on facebook called "Friends of Signs 101"... Search for it, join it, and if it lets you leave a message say what your name is on Signs 101 -- that way we can find all of our Signs 101 friends on there. =)

You don't have to join it, if you don't want to, I just thought it would be fun to see everybody.

:smile: Jessica

petepaz

I just discovered the world of Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1290261663&ref=profile

It's kinda cool. I've reconnected with a whole bunch of people from high school.

that's why i started worked out good got in touch with some people i haven't talked to in about 20 years
but now i am getting drinks, snowballs, trees, invites to mob wars, dragon slayers.......and the list goes on and on

i just wanted to talk to some old friends

k2ds

As an SEO adviser, I ALWAYS advise my website clients to make a FaceBook Profile. FaceBook has a Google ranking of 7-8, and if a website ranked that high is linked to a website, it gains instant credibility and a better Google ranking itself. However, the college interns I employ are never allowed to get on FaceBook ... or I'll never get them off it. Ha ha!

Joe Diaz

As an SEO adviser, I ALWAYS advise my website clients to make a FaceBook Profile. FaceBook has a Google ranking of 7-8, and if a website ranked that high is linked to a website, it gains instant credibility and a better Google ranking itself. However, the college interns I employ are never allowed to get on FaceBook ... or I'll never get them off it. Ha ha!

That may be true, but I would also advice your clients that if they link their site to sites like this (especially facebook) and they website has their email address or even a standard contact form, they can be certain to see an increase in spam in their inbox. The only way to stop this is to use contact forms that require a security question to be answered before they can submit the form, but that only helps a little. Regardless the cons out way the pros of linking to facebook. We found out the hard way.:omg:

OneUpTenn

Okay heres a question...if I join the group "Friends of Signs 101"..then it will show up on my profile as a group I belong to. I really dont want other people (customers mainly) to even know about this site, much less advertise the site. Did you think about this?

MariaMartini

Okay heres a question...if I join the group "Friends of Signs 101"..then it will show up on my profile as a group I belong to. I really dont want other people (customers mainly) to even know about this site, much less advertise the site. Did you think about this?

I thought there was a way where you could block your groups but I couldn't figure it out. Sorry!

TheSnowman

I'm not friends w/ any of my customers on Facebook, (at least that don't already know about S101) so not an issue w/ me.