• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone on Facebook? Are social networks really this addictive?

Jon Aston

Thanks Doug, for mentioning this thread!

If you're in the marketing business, you can't afford to ignore social media. I'm on Facebook and twitter, mostly.

BTW, this is another terrific social network to be on, especially as a premium member.

Lastly, here is a "must see" in social media circles.

iSign

you're welcome Jon...

This thread launched my own Facebook addiction just in the last week and a half. I really don't have tiome for another internet addiction, so I will keep it to a low roar (I hope) but thanks to the users here who invited my to become "friends" over there... which led to discovering some value in the network over there.

I found Jon as a friend showing up in some other sign persons profile page & when I saw Jon's page, I thought it was one of the more inspiring ones, in that like a good blog, he has new content, and through links, some interesting content, changing fairly often, without a lot of writing time on his part. New & varied content makes people look at your page longer, and come back more often, so that is what we want when we are marketing. Without even trying, Jon was showing me the marketing potential of social networking... all he needs is to promote his Marketing Partners business there! :doh:

Jon has taught me so much about marketing, I can almost teach him a few things now! :notworthy:

Rodi

I think facebook really makes you see how great it is here, and they each serve different sort of user base.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I'm on there too. Found some people I graduated with. Found out some live within a mile or so of me and I never realized it. I live about 30 minutes away from my HS and I graduated in 85 so it was odd to know they were nearby

Big House Signs

Facebook...fun but cornfusing.

i can't believe i got rick rolled 2x's reading this post...uggg! Anyhow....I got onto FB a couple weeks ago, one of my friends sd I would like it...mainly as a social thing...to reconect with friends etc. And it has been really fun. Didnt think about using it for business mainly because my political views, religiuos views, are on there which as we all know are very touchie subjects and I dont mix them with business. I have pics posted from the campaign and pics from parties...stuff my friends would enjoy. So after reading this thread earlier in the week, I decided to do a Big House Signs page...have pics of work we've done. But I can't figure out how to promote that page...is there a way to invite friends to be fans?....and as I add "stories" or pics are the fans notified so they come back and check...I dont think so. I never get updates to any of the fan pages I've subsribed to. Anyone?
Paula