• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apple has reported Steve Jobs has died

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I wrote the following to the rememberingsteve@apple.com address at Apple's web site:

The loss of Steve Jobs to the computing industry cannot be understated. His influence shaped the lineup of Apple's products and pushed the rest of the computing industry to compete. Whether you bought an Apple-branded product or a computing product from another company Steve Jobs made an impact on the design and function of that product. He was a fierce competitor and continually forced his rivals to attempt to keep pace. Steve Jobs' relentless drive helped improve the entirety of the personal computing products industry. Anyone who uses a Mac, PC, tablet or smart phone should be thankful of what Steve Jobs contributed to personal computing. We feel the influence he put into the gadgets we use.

It's my hope Steve Jobs' legacy will continue that big picture vision and force the various camps of the computing industry to keep competing with each other and continue to improve. God bless you, Steve. RIP.

Tim Aucoin

I wrote the following to the rememberingsteve@apple.com address at Apple's web site:

The loss of Steve Jobs to the computing industry cannot be understated. His influence shaped the lineup of Apple's products and pushed the rest of the computing industry to compete. Whether you bought an Apple-branded product or a computing product from another company Steve Jobs made an impact on the design and function of that product. He was a fierce competitor and continually forced his rivals to attempt to keep pace. Steve Jobs' relentless drive helped improve the entirety of the personal computing products industry. Anyone who uses a Mac, PC, tablet or smart phone should be thankful of what Steve Jobs contributed to personal computing. We feel the influence he put into the gadgets we use.

It's my hope Steve Jobs' legacy will continue that big picture vision and force the various camps of the computing industry to keep competing with each other and continue to improve. God bless you, Steve. RIP.

That was beautifully put Bobby!
And Gigi... You couldn't have picked a better song to pay tribute...
Thank you to (almost) everyone for showing the respect that this man deserves.
A sad day indeed...

Jim Doggett

I agree.

I'm happy to see that this thread isn't about that - just remembering a great man.

One more major agreement!!

I'm a PC guy because I started that way. But I have unparalleled respect for Steve Jobs, who I believe was a national treasure. Everything he touched turned to gold and made people's lives better.

RIP Mr. Jobs. You will be missed but live on in the minds of every living person on this planet.

sar bossier

“Your time on this earth is limited, don’t live someone else’s life, live by your vision.” ~Steve Jobs

RIP, Mr. Jobs ... My condolences to your family. Your time here was too short, but your impact on the world was HUGE, and will never be forgotten.

thinksigns

SnowFlake

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-10-06 at 8.49.42 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-10-06 at 8.49.42 AM.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 96

"Deposit Please"

My very first computer was a Macintosh i purchased in 1990. I ran a 24" Ioline Classic cutter with Flexi-letter v5.8 (Amiable Technologies) in 1997 with that very same computer.
....many many thanks and appreciation for making it possible..
....RIP Steve

genericname

I guess he died giving birth to the iPhone4S..... Too soon...?

Actually, my first thought was that he probably died earlier, and they just delayed the news so as to not impact the 4S unveil.

Didn't really agree with the guy's means, but I respect what he saw as an end. It's oddly celebrity-stalker-ish of me, but I can't wait to hear some thoughts from The Woz.

Also, F**K cancer.

Locals Find!

I don't own or like Macs or Apple as a company.

I can say though Steve Jobs was one Hell of a Damn Fine Capitalist. You will be remembered for the finest marketing of overpriced electronics ever Steve. RIP!:rock-n-roll:

Circleville Signs

It is never a good thing when someone like this passes. Jobs was a genius on many fronts. I do think though, that it is important to remember that while his legacy includes devices and practices that have totally changed our culture, we must also recognize that this man was truly one of the biggest a-holes in history.

Employees at Apple in the early days were afraid to speak to him in the elevator because he was known for firing up to 10 people/day on the spot, just because he was annoyed with other things when they dared to speak to him.

He lied to and stole from his original business partner, Steve Wozniak. He stole technology and intellectual property from his original employers at Atari.

Jobs was brilliant with a capital "B". He was a visionary. He succeeded in changing the world.

I just wander what his impact would have been like if he had done it with kindness and integrity rather than with malice and a cut-throat mentality....

GypsyGraphics

My very first computer was a Macintosh i purchased in 1990.

we bought our first computer, the Apple IIe, used in 1982
here's my oldest son (2 yrs.) in 1988... we were working on our ABC's.
he was fascinated that typing "HOME" made the cursor go to the top of the screen.

Trev_Apple1988.jpg

i wasn't sure what other purpose this "doorstop" (as i called it) could possible serve... until i saw this dreamy little number (also dreamy in the sense that the price tag made it an "in-your-dreams" kind of purchase).

1984 introduction of the "Insanely Great" MACINTOSH

January 24th, 1984

grrr.. why can't i get this hyperlink to work?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

CES020

we must also recognize that this man was truly one of the biggest a-holes in history.

Wow......I can't believe you posted something like that on a thread like this. Remarkable.

He changed the music business forever, he changed animated films forever, he changed phones, computers, tablets, all for the better. With over 300 patents, he was truly a creative icon in the history of the USA.

genericname

Well... Mother Theresa had a private jet, and Gandhi let his wife die. You'd be hard pressed to find a great person with a perfectly clean record. I don't think it's doing any disservice to Steve Jobs to point out his weak points. May not be incredibly tactful right here, right now, but it is the kind of thing we should be keeping in mind.

Doesn't change the fact that he was incredibly influential, and his death does affect a hell of a lot of people.