• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Armed or Unarmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hicalibersigns

I have my Concealed Handgun License for Texas and recognized by 30 other states. In a past life I ran a gunsmith shop and had my Federal Firearms License. I closed the business and surrendered the license. I am currently a Certified Glock Armorer, a member of the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation and a life member of the NRA. I have invested significant time and money in professional training in the use of the combat pistol and shotgun.

I have carried almost every day since I received my license. Prior to that I often carried when going to and from my family's jewelry business. Before 1995, the firearms statutes in Texas were very nebulous, so it was pretty much up to local law enforcement to enforce their own interpretation. I was well known to local law enforcement and they "looked the other way", due to the nature of the business.

I have never had to draw my weapon. I sincerely hope I never do. But here's my take. If you think that the police can protect you then you are delusional. The police do a mediocre at best job of finding out who committed crimes, and they do a virtually 0 job of protecting the public from crime. In fact there are a number of court cases where the courts have stated that the government has no responsibility for an individual's safety or protection. Given that, only I can be responsible for my own safety and protection, and I intend to do exactly that.

It is a personal decision and I do not take it lightly. If you have decided to go unprotected that is your decision and I support it. However, I expect the same courtesy for my decision.

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Joe Diaz

There is a kind of jumping, other than "rocket"?

I hear there are these things called el-a-vaderrs... what ever that is.

1_the_right_to_bear_arms.thumbnail.jpg

Pat Whatley

Never carried a handgun....always felt safer without one. I always figured that if anybody ever tried to rob me with a gun I wouldn't know it until they stuck their gun in my face. By then it would be too late to pull out my own gun and do anything about it.

You want to carry one then more power to you, just not for me.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
A gun is like a tennis racquet, when you need one nothing else will do.

"An armed society is a polite society." RAH

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
No firearms here but I do have several reams of paper with very sharp edges strategically placed throughout the shop.

wayne k
guam usa

cdiesel

I've had a SigSauer for years, but didn't really carry it because I never got a concealed carry permit, and toting the thing around visibly was tedious. Then about 18 months ago, AZ passed a law that any lawful owner can carry concealed without a permit. Since then I've carried daily.

In the past year or so I've gotten very into guns and shooting. I've bought a 380 and built two AR-15's. I'm going to go to the gun show this weekend and will most likely leave with an AK-47 or shotgun.

Gotta be ready for the zombies!

btropical.com

Basically allways have an Olfa knife Allways think of when I actually slice the shick out of them/someone I would say You might wan't to get that looked at .. At least it is surgical . Plenty of guns but like to just stab hogs with a sharpened 70 ish side stiffening bars from a lincoln . They had this bad BIG Bar that runs forward from behind seat . About 6 foot of pure stabbing power . Killing hogs not big deal walking around with the gun fire power to kill or just maybe maim a future employer well might need salary info before spinning the chamber

d fleming

Now that would be awesome...shoot 'em Pierre!
QUOTE=Pat Whatley;932848]He didn't shoot them, he had them shot. You should actually be carrying a French guy with a gun around. :wink:[/QUOTE]

petepaz

i do not own any firearms but have no problem with people having them legally. i believe that if you want to own one and are trained and responsible it shouldn't be a problem. it's the damn illegal guns that are a problem.
my parents didn't hunt or anything like that so i was never exposed to guns but as long as the bad guy doesn't have a gun i am pretty confident i can protect myself and my family. plus what is better than beating the pulp out of someone and then wrapping your hands around their throat until you the feel the pulse in their neck stop….very rewarding

J Hill Designs

Basically allways have an Olfa knife Allways think of when I actually slice the shick out of them/someone I would say You might wan't to get that looked at .. At least it is surgical . Plenty of guns but like to just stab hogs with a sharpened 70 ish side stiffening bars from a lincoln . They had this bad BIG Bar that runs forward from behind seat . About 6 foot of pure stabbing power . Killing hogs not big deal walking around with the gun fire power to kill or just maybe maim a future employer well might need salary info before spinning the chamber

^^^ proof that it is indeed 5 o'clock somewhere

BobM

At handgun school sponsored by the Worcester Police deptartment the sargent teaching us said "If you have been held up in your store and the robber turns to leave, aim your weapon and whistle. When he turns around, take him down".

Status
Not open for further replies.