• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Basic Essentials to start a Signage Business

Delgado87

Hey guys my question here is what are the basic essentials I would need to start a small to medium size signage business. I am looking for a basic list of the things that I will need and maybe some brands that are preferable. I have location that i can start this business as well. What Im really looking for is just like an outline of the stuff that need and what all i should do. If anyone has ideas for their ideal shop please enlighten me so I can get a better idea of what all I need and what would be good to do to start a shop from scratch.

thanks guys!

ThinkRight

Hey guys my question here is what are the basic essentials I would need to start a small to medium size signage business. I am looking for a basic list of the things that I will need and maybe some brands that are preferable. I have location that i can start this business as well. What Im really looking for is just like an outline of the stuff that need and what all i should do. If anyone has ideas for their ideal shop please enlighten me so I can get a better idea of what all I need and what would be good to do to start a shop from scratch.

thanks guys!
You are gonna get "Flamed"
:omg2::flamey:

CanuckSigns

you're not going to start a medium sized sign business right off the bat, especially when you don't know enough about the industry to know what tools you need.

It all depends on what type of sign shop you want to be, do you want to be a quicky-sticky type of shop or are you looking to target a different market? sounds like the first thing you need is a business plan.

ova

1. Pack some clothes. Maybe enough for about 20 yrs. Depending on your age.

2. Google map directions to Wheeling, WV.

3. Bring a blank Certified Check with a proven line of credit.

4. Make check payable to me.

You're now in the sign business. Easier than you think.

dave

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You won't get any good replies without telling us more about yourself. So just taking stuff off the top of my head, I will say this:

The answers you have received so far are all about whether or not you are looking for an income or a profession. Reading between the lines and guessing because this is your first post after joining nearly a year ago, my take is that you have the impression that being in the sign business is mostly about acquiring the technology and trappings of the trade without acquiring the experience or having the skills. I mean no rudeness by these comments. it's just that many of us have known or seen lots of folks come and go in the business of sign making.

Take a moment and tell us about yourself and why you want to be in the business or profession of sign making.

ThinkRight

You won't get any good replies without telling us more about yourself. So just taking stuff off the top of my head, I will say this:

The answers you have received so far are all about whether or not you are looking for an income or a profession. Reading between the lines and guessing because this is your first post after joining nearly a year ago, my take is that you have the impression that being in the sign business is mostly about acquiring the technology and trappings of the trade without acquiring the experience or having the skills. I mean no rudeness by these comments. it's just that many of us have known or seen lots of folks come and go in the business of sign making.

Take a moment and tell us about yourself and why you want to be in the business or profession of sign making.
:goodpost:

Fatboy

anotherdog

oooh goody, more competitors who will drive prices even further down as they burn through startup cash trying to learn a business. Bad design, shoddy goods and burned customers. Where is the down side?

Please tell me it will run from your garage!

There are talented skilled sign people with machinery and shops who are going out of business in your state and you want to go down that path? Think long and hard and have a wife who can bankroll you for a couple of years.

First post indeed, sorry if this sounds a little caustic

d fleming