• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Befor you buy give em' a call!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sign Dude

Leg talk to me about my printer about 2 weeks. I told him what I wanted for it and he (without ever even seeing it or a sample print) said OH NO that thing isnt worth but about $2500. I guess if he paid $2500 for the one hes got and its a pile of crap then mine is worth $10,000 since it works like a champ. What a joke!

jiarby

I bought a new Mutoh 1604 in 2007, but it is now out of warranty.
I am fortunate enough to be in the Phx Metro area.

In December I lost a capping station the week before Christmas with a stack of jobs to get out. I called Mutoh, they set up a onsite tech, but it was a week away (like Dec 27 or so). They offered to let me bring my material and my files so I could print my jobs on the printers in their demo room.

While I was there I was introduced around... I met all the techs (Charles Holland might actually be "Chuck"). They took me into their training room and showed me the guts of my printer, and I learned alot. RandyA (a S101 regular) went way above and beyond to help me get my jobs done and I made him my "employee of the month" for December.

I have ZERO complaints about Mutohs service. They are great.

YOU bought a USED printer. Mutoh does not sell direct to end users. They sell to dealers. The dealers are responsible for supporting the printers. You should have called the DEALER that originally sold the unit, not the MFG.

When you buy used you are taking the responsibility of repairs and setup on yourself. Your only bitch about the call to Mutoh was they wanted to get paid for their time.

I guess the cheap printer aint so cheap looking anymore. If you can't even get it hooked up to your PC what are you going to do when the print head needs to be replaced? They want to get paid then too!

If $175 cracks you then you better keep working at Dominos until you get your business plan finished.

Replicator

and why shouldn't Mutoh charge for tech support to an individual that didn't buy the equipment from them . . .

I see nothing wrong with that !

iSign

Mutoh does not sell direct to end users. They sell to dealers. The dealers are responsible for supporting the printers. You should have called the DEALER that originally sold the unit, not the MFG.

EXACTLY! ...hence my obtuse comments about the Columbian drug cartel...

...always take it up with the dealers... (going above them won't help... going through users who become dealers... well, you already know they don't offer tech support)

SignosaurusRex

Glad to know SOMEONE has his head out of his butt!!!

I'd LOVE to be standing in the same room when some dweasle like "Isign" has a problem with his equipment and the guy on the phone says to him: "Well we'd love to help you but we need ANOTHER $175 before we can continue this conversation." !!!!!!!!!

For him and his ego-freak cronies it only hurts when it hurts someone else - right? Like they've said for decades................a picture says a thousand words. Just take a look at HIS!!! Doesn't he look like the type of guy you'd like to spend a couple thousand with to sign your building?
And to DweasleSign and others like him ................You're lying through your teeth if you come here and insinuate (that means "say") that you've never went to a new car store and asked the service department a diagnostic question about your USED car......and when they talked to you they DIDN'T charge you for the advice, because they KNEW that you'd be back some day for parts.

Isign and buddies..........ou're NOTHING but a liar if you say you haven't.

Whoaaaa Charger.....you don't have a clue. Be careful about pissing in the wind here. It may get on everyone that may be the very ones that can help.... but the direction your facing says you're gonna stink up yourself and the flies wont even come around to lay eggs. As far as your narrow minded opinion of Isign........you're way of base. "Listening REALLY close to those who can tell me solmething I don't already know" sound familiar? Forget it! with that attitude.......Good Luck pal.

S

Sign-Man Signs

This site attracts the best people.....How about it Fred...kill him before he grows. Nothing but praise for Mutoh and Sai.

laserman70

I am a newbie as well. We bought our equipment Thursday. It was from a group that repo's for the bank when people fault on payments. We took the risk knowing that there is a great possibility that we would have to sink some money into what we purchased.
We are not in the sign industry and dont plan on competeing with those who are. We were outsourcing all of our color stuff and it became a waiting game, which I understand completely. People need to do the things that make them the bigger money before they do the smaller jobs.
The people here are very helpful if you ask question. Actually there is a person here who sent us the repair manual before we even got the equipment.
If you are mechanically inclined and have a manual, most likely you can repair most things yourself. If not, then you need a technician to come do the things you cannot do.
I do warranty work for HP. Mainly doing work on laser printers. These are a total different animal, but with patience, time and money you can figure out the issues.
This place is a great source to learn. The people here are very nice and have a wealth of knowledge.

studio10

OK. I`m not from US, I`m from Europe. I`m in sign business for 6 yers and 1 year on this forum. Had old Encad, now have Mutoh printer and Roland cutter.The people on this forum are very helpful and have great knowledge. I save all mails about Mutoh and have a sort of knowledge base (questions and answers) about Mutoh printers, manuals etc. No one on this forum criticise me about my bad English and my novice question. Repeat again GREAT FORUM AND GREAT PEOPLE.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This thread makes me happy from a totally different point of view and gives me great pleasure in saying this.

I’ve had some interesting ‘Go Arounds’ with others from 101 and I must say, while some posted my remarks and others haven’t…. I give those that have not posted my/our comments a :thumb: “TWO THUMBS” :thumb: up for keeping our conversations PM’s.

Although I won’t comment on the content of iSigns’ e-mail, as it wasn’t intended for my eyes as neither was Leggie's insert…. it does bother me when others, regardless of how long they’ve been in this business, any business or on this earth seem to think… that trumps having first-hand knowledge for engaging in any business at all.

• Why would anyone go to a car dealership to learn how to drive ??
  • Why would anyone go to the manufacturer for information ??
  • However, when offered at a price….. bad-mouth them ??
  • Why would anyone ask for others to join in a campaign against someone that we have no grudge against ??
  • The little tid bit of advice from you is the very thing you’re griping abut everyone else is giving to you.
  • Then you go on to tell others to harass someone we don’t even know or want to hurt…. This is your battle and we can’t fight your fights for ya.

Leggie, you seem to be forming a definite pattern here on all counts.

Oh... and by the way Leggie, your use of your native language seems to need quite a bit of brushing up on there, too. Your usage is quite horrid. :covereyes:

Last edited:

Tim Aucoin

..........a picture says a thousand words. Just take a look at HIS!!! Doesn't he look like the type of guy you'd like to spend a couple thousand with to sign your building?

As a matter of fact, I would pay iSign to sign my building if the need arose! I've read his posts, seen some of his work, followed some of his threads on here and have drawn my own conclusion that he definitely knows what he is doing and is indeed a professional in this business! After being in business for myself for over 20 years now, one of the best things I've learned is NOT TO JUDGE PEOPLE BY HOW THEY LOOK. You should see me on a Friday afternoon after a busy week... you'd likely throw me a dollar out of pity before you'd consider buying a sign from me, but my customers would have a very different opinion!

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
My issue was I bought mine brand new from a dealer not meantioning any names SW. Their support was non-existent other than to keep leading me down paths that involved buying more media.
I took it up with mutoh and they told me the deler supports it. Basically if the dealer sucks there is no recourse, you just eat it. I took the dealer to the BBB finally and someone came out and was more interested in taking environmental measurements than helping me. I tried every media and profile known to man and the ink was bleeding between adjoining colors. The tech's solution was to add white outlines to everything---wtf. He promptly left me hanging again and I finally quit after a year.

I bought a Roland and never looked back. Oh...and Roland supported me direct when needed.

My mutoh experience was early days of eco-solvent printing but it is what it is...

If you buy a Ford any dealer will service your vehicle but I didn't have that luxury.

Sorry, this thread re-opened a wound...

MVIP

If you buy a Ford any dealer will service your vehicle but I didn't have that luxury.

Actually, I bought a pre-owned Jeep and needed to have it serviced under warranty. The local jeep dealer charged me a $75 fee for paperwork etc. And they made me produce a carfax report to assure that it wasn't in some accident.

I knew this was BS, but understood the frustration that they must feel servicing vehicles that they didn't sell nor make any money on.

-Matt

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Actually, I bought a pre-owned Jeep and needed to have it serviced under warranty. The local jeep dealer charged me a $75 fee for paperwork etc. And they made me produce a carfax report to assure that it wasn't in some accident.

I knew this was BS, but understood the frustration that they must feel servicing vehicles that they didn't sell nor make any money on.

-Matt
Yeah, But I bought the printer brand new... w/warranty

P

ProWraps™

-Matt

actually they do make money on it. they bill the manufacturer just like they are a customer.

we are on our second mutoh, days away from buying our third. if your one step above a trained monkey, you should be able to figure out yourself how to hook up your printer, apparantly you are not..

for god sakes you cant even get your dongle driver to work because you were too stupid to realize a driver was needed. sell the printer, do us a favor, do mutoh a favor, and do your poor poor soon to be customers a favor, and go make $5 footlongs for a living.

MVIP

Yeah, But I bought the printer brand new... w/warranty

I agree, just commenting on the car analogy!

actually they do make money on it. they bill the manufacturer just like they are a customer.

we are on our second mutoh, days away from buying our third. if your one step above a trained monkey, you should be able to figure out yourself how to hook up your printer, apparantly you are not..

for god sakes you cant even get your dongle driver to work because you were too stupid to realize a driver was needed. sell the printer, do us a favor, do mutoh a favor, and do your poor poor soon to be customers a favor, and go make $5 footlongs for a living.

Is this for me? I also run 2 mutohs and have had no problems installing either of them. You want to have some fun try operating an Arizona 180. Now that was fun!

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.