• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Befor you buy give em' a call!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legman

This guy is really something. You'd think if you're making $300 a day like you claim you can afford Mutoh's tech support... Oh wait, now it all makes sense...

Here's what ticks us off. Guys like you who are looking for a meal ticket and an easy ride. Bragging about making $600 in 2 days and bidding on $1000 in work with no overhead (do you wanna' have a pissing contest really, 'cause I'm game, if that's where you want to go, but I got you beat by a few zeros, so let's not try to intimidate anyone here, OK...). You buy a broken printer without doing your homework, refuse to pay the manufacturer for the clearly needed support, come on here bashing them for BEING IN BUSINESS, and expect us to help you for free. This place is all about free help, but you still have to give to get. Your attitude right off the bat didn't exactly inspire us to roll up our sleeves to lend a hand. Maybe this is a hobby to you, but alot of us here take it very seriously. Folks like you come and go regularly, they stir up some dust while they're around, like to try to start fights, but in the end, you fade into the sunset.

Here's a secret, us professionals are actually threatened by you. You threaten to damage this industry beyond repair. You threaten to take food off of our family's plates with your ignorance, poor quality and uneducated lowball pricing. You do measurable harm to our reputations, just by association. Are we afraid we'll lose business to you? Hell no. We're afraid if enough of you pop up (which is an ever increasing trend) this industry will lose credibility, which translates to lower bottom lines and lost profits for those of us who paid our dues.

You want to get your printer working? Go drop a few grand like the rest of us did on the proper software. Drop a few more grand on proper training. Beg, borrow or steal a few hundred grand and RUN YOUR BUSINESS LIKE A REAL BUSINESS. Get out of your house. Hire a staff. Pay real corporate taxes (wanna' pay my $35k tax bill on top of the $40k I've already paid this year?) and real insurance. Pay your dues like we did, put in your due diligence. You want to be in this business? Act like it. Do it. Be a professional in every sense of the word. Put up or shut up. You want a hobby? Go buy a model car and leave us the f*ck alone.

Two words come to mind after reading your whining post - BITE ME!

If you're so terrified of competition then have a big yard sale and sell of that crap you own. No one asked you to buy more than you could afford - did they? And calling yourself a "professional" is really hilarious! You wouldn't make a pimple on a professional's butt.

Sorry whiner, I OWN everything I use and as far as your "professiona; training" I didn't need it because, like Henry Ford, what I don't know about graphic design my designer does. If I can't get the assistance of the intelligent folks on this site I can get it from someone else, but remember - I'm no dumbass and even "professionals" like YOU can learn something from those you think are beneath you.

Legman

I didn't mean mad at us Gino as I think he has no good reason for that (I agree with Stacy's post that you quoted), I was asking him why he was mad at the company who sells these things new and have a paid tech support service. stuff like that is a good thing to find out about before you purchase anything.
what I asked sure won't help this guy much as he jumped in and bought with little to no thought but it might help the next newbie looking for a sticker maker on E-Bay

Talking to you for $175 an hour ISN'T "tech support" it's a rape job on your pocket book. If you don't think (or realize" that then remember what Roland, SAI or other PROFESSIONAL companies charge - NOTHING!

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks it's good business to ask $175 an hour to TALK, when the company you're talking to is the ONLY place to buy parts for the machine they make. It's not exactly like thye don't have a captive audience already - is it?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Leggie.... psst...... think anyone is really paying any attention to you or your logic ??

You've managed to piss just about everyone off in less than three weeks and I'm surprised you even come back and respond to all us buffoons at all any longer.

Actually, with your vast knowledge you've displayed and your huge amounts of money [cash, no less], I'm surprised you took the cheap-skates way of buying into this industry. You have all the markings of a newbie and one with a short fuse and no natural talent for this trade. Ever think about opening a 'Tanning Salon' ?? That doesn't take any knowledge for real. All your friends will be orange.

WHY do you put up with us ?? :ROFLMAO:

MVIP

[/B]By the way - I went out today and bid on over $1000 worth of work and picked up $600 in checks in the past 2 days, so I'm not doing too terribly bad for a "green pea", with NO overhead & a fist-full of $100's!

$600.00 is hardly a fistful!

And you have overhead, you just don't realize it.

Here don't say we didn't give you anything
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010175151033.aspx?pid=CT101443641033

All I can say is Good Luck! We were all newbies at one time! Some just more appreciative than others.

Techman

LEgman, You are self disqualifying. It wasn't their fault. It was yours.
REad between the lines..
They gave you a test. You disqualified yourself. End of game. Its over.
It wasn't the $175. It the test of your sincerity. If you would've paid it then the doors would be open to every thing. I've observed this happen to so many others over the years. You asked for software. Maybe they would've sent it to you, then gave you a hand installing and setting it all up and then helped you get your machine operating.

All this for just 175.00. Of course I cannot speak for them. However, After dealing with suppliers and tech support I usually get a sense that if I am willing to support them at the beginning I get lots of TLC later.

Legman

going back to the first post and doing my best to ignore all the nasty stuff inbetween, you bought an incomplete unit as it was missing the software. did you know when you purchased it that the software was missing? if so, what was your plan to replace the software? did you call the company before you purchased the unit to see if you could purchase it? did you call the company before you purchased it to see if they had free tech support or paid tech support? before you bought the unit would have been the time to call, not after. since it looks like you called after, you now know that the tech support is a paid service. why are you mad?

My 'plan' was to buy the machine and buy a replacement disc for whomever had the real-deal ownership of it. Little did the previous owner or I know that Mutoh wasn't interested in helping anyone with a used machine.....so I was lucky enough to think about SAI, who sent me links to downland not only the program, but the drivers for the goofy dongle thing that drives it.........and I DIDN'T have to pay them a single dime to do it, because they CARE about the people who own their products...........even the USED products.

I didn't think it was unreasonable to assume that the MFG would keep copies of their old software and they DO. I just had to hook up with the right tech dude, who gave it to me.

It's comical to me that the people on here who are bitching about those of use who start up with a used piece of equipment are butt deep in debt and complaint-ridden about the fact that they have to actually COMPETE with someone!

So do like I did and buy a good used machine, get it tuned up and put some dough in your pockets, instead of going $35,000 in debt and wearing Kmart clothes.

My truck is a pretty 2000 GMC Z-71 extended cab, that I bought for $5,000 - should I go to a dealer and buy a NEW one for $36000, just so I can brag about it? I don't thin k so!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
. Ever think about opening a 'Tanning Salon' ?? That doesn't take any knowledge for real. All your friends will be orange.

WHY do you put up with us ?? :ROFLMAO:

Nothing of substance to add to the thread but this struck my funnybone .....
:clapping:

wayne k
guam usa

P

ProWraps™

god, someone with the ban stick please beat this fool. good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.