• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Befor you buy give em' a call!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVIP

actually they do make money on it. they bill the manufacturer just like they are a customer.

I'm not sure how it works in the auto repair business, but in a former life I worked for an Appliance repair company. The warranty work was hard to break even on, the manufacturer would negotiate rates and assign flat rates to certain repairs. If you wanted a "raise" you would have to renegotiate your contract.

I guess I just assumed everyone handled warranty work the same.

-Matt

Legman

You're funny Andy!

Just FYI "Andy", I have more $100 bills sitting here with me than you've seen in the last FIVE years! So before you go off blowing smoke about what I can 'afford' please know that I can pay CASH for anything I want to run out and buy.

It's truly amazing that I landed in a business that has so many ego freaks who are terrified of any competition. If I had the urge I'd move to your town and set up shop, just to give everyone a chance at $10 signs, so you could find something ELSE to whine about - other than someone else's success.

The juvenile attitude you and several others here have towards we start-ups says volumes about your lack of self esteem, the quality of your work and your sales ability. If you were a decent salesman and did good, reasonably-priced work you'd can the bash-the-competition attitude and you MIGHT learn something from the guy you're bashing. Try it, ya' might learn something.

By the way - I went out today and bid on over $1000 worth of work and picked up $600 in checks in the past 2 days, so I'm not doing too terribly bad for a "green pea", with NO overhead & a fist-full of $100's!

SignosaurusRex

Yah? Then why do you continue to stand down-wind while pissing? Its not that you are a newbie or preppie or green horn or what ever you want to call it, Its your attitude and approach that doesn't work well.

P

ProWraps™

I agree, just commenting on the car analogy!

Is this for me? I also run 2 mutohs and have had no problems installing either of them. You want to have some fun try operating an Arizona 180. Now that was fun!

-Matt

oh hells no it wasnt for you. it was for the crybaby that cant hook up a printer.

and to the crybaby that cant hook up a printer. its not that your new that we are bashing. its that you are a d*pshit that came here to do the bashing. a fist full of hundys eh? dont worry i can say with confidence that myself, and everyone else on here doesnt see you as the slightest threat.

heres your first peice of advice. take the fist full of hundies you got, buy some kleenex and call your mutoh rep back and PAY FOR SERVICE FOR YOUR USED PRINTER. moron.

Flame

By the way - I went out today and bid on over $1000 worth of work and picked up $600 in checks in the past 2 days, so I'm not doing too terribly bad for a "green pea", with NO overhead & a fist-full of $100's!

haha, I still give it a month. bro, you're nobody. You know isign and Andy here? They have FULL SIZE, fully operational sign shops cranking in a heckuva lot work. These guys are legit, they have been in this business for years and are living nicely off of it.

As far as work, I made $1200 today. if you want to have a pissing contest.

If you want advice, you pretty won't get it anymore. Good luck with trying to lowball people. I know you won't be getting repeat customers!!! :rock-n-roll:

Letterbox Mike

This guy is really something. You'd think if you're making $300 a day like you claim you can afford Mutoh's tech support... Oh wait, now it all makes sense...

Here's what ticks us off. Guys like you who are looking for a meal ticket and an easy ride. Bragging about making $600 in 2 days and bidding on $1000 in work with no overhead (do you wanna' have a pissing contest really, 'cause I'm game, if that's where you want to go, but I got you beat by a few zeros, so let's not try to intimidate anyone here, OK...). You buy a broken printer without doing your homework, refuse to pay the manufacturer for the clearly needed support, come on here bashing them for BEING IN BUSINESS, and expect us to help you for free. This place is all about free help, but you still have to give to get. Your attitude right off the bat didn't exactly inspire us to roll up our sleeves to lend a hand. Maybe this is a hobby to you, but alot of us here take it very seriously. Folks like you come and go regularly, they stir up some dust while they're around, like to try to start fights, but in the end, you fade into the sunset.

Here's a secret, us professionals are actually threatened by you. You threaten to damage this industry beyond repair. You threaten to take food off of our family's plates with your ignorance, poor quality and uneducated lowball pricing. You do measurable harm to our reputations, just by association. Are we afraid we'll lose business to you? Hell no. We're afraid if enough of you pop up (which is an ever increasing trend) this industry will lose credibility, which translates to lower bottom lines and lost profits for those of us who paid our dues.

You want to get your printer working? Go drop a few grand like the rest of us did on the proper software. Drop a few more grand on proper training. Beg, borrow or steal a few hundred grand and RUN YOUR BUSINESS LIKE A REAL BUSINESS. Get out of your house. Hire a staff. Pay real corporate taxes (wanna' pay my $35k tax bill on top of the $40k I've already paid this year?) and real insurance. Pay your dues like we did, put in your due diligence. You want to be in this business? Act like it. Do it. Be a professional in every sense of the word. Put up or shut up. You want a hobby? Go buy a model car and leave us the f*ck alone.

Last edited:

Techman

its turned into a pi$$ing contest... AHAHAHAHAAHAHHA Who has the biggest (insert word here) ______________________

andy

Shouting at me and waving your wad of toy money around is all well and good but you haven't answered the question.... did you get the machine checked over before buying it?

You attacked Mutoh as unreasonable extortionists but you won't say whether you acted with due diligence before handing over money for the printer in the first place.

You are no threat to me and you can't setup in my town even if you wanted to so stop shouting at me.

Jillbeans

Here's a secret, us professionals are actually threatened by you. You threaten to damage this industry beyond repair. You threaten to take food off of our family's plates with your ignorance, poor quality and uneducated lowball pricing. You do measurable harm to our reputations, just by association. Are we afraid we'll lose business to you? Hell no. We're afraid if enough of you pop up (which is an ever increasing trend) this industry will lose credibility, which translates to lower bottom lines and lost profits for those of us who paid our dues.
Excellent.
Ok, bub, since you have a fistfull-o-dollars, pay the service rep.
While you're at it, buy a pricing guide and a few layout and design books.
Take a wrap course.
The sign business is not usually just a turn-key operation.
It's not as easy as it looks.
Hopefully you will smarten up and learn some manners.
Maybe you will go far in the trade.
There are a lot of people here who could be a big help to you.
Heck, you might have even made a few friends.

weaselboogie

Excellent.
Ok, bub, since you have a fistfull-o-dollars, pay the service rep.
While you're at it, buy a pricing guide and a few layout and design books.
Take a wrap course.
The sign business is not usually just a turn-key operation.
It's not as easy as it looks.
Hopefully you will smarten up and learn some manners.
Maybe you will go far in the trade.
There are a lot of people here who could be a big help to you.
Heck, you might have even made a few friends.

Excellent advise Jill.

Your first purchases should have been the pricing guide and a good design book. Most here recommend Mike Stevens.

Marlene

USED Mutoh Falcon Outdoor, I emailed Mutoh N.A. in Phoenix.

My question was, "I don't have the software for the Mutoh, but I DO have the key for it.

going back to the first post and doing my best to ignore all the nasty stuff inbetween, you bought an incomplete unit as it was missing the software. did you know when you purchased it that the software was missing? if so, what was your plan to replace the software? did you call the company before you purchased the unit to see if you could purchase it? did you call the company before you purchased it to see if they had free tech support or paid tech support? before you bought the unit would have been the time to call, not after. since it looks like you called after, you now know that the tech support is a paid service. why are you mad?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
why are you mad?
We have become a nation of the offended. I see it here all the time. A comment that could be taken two different ways is taken in the most offensive way possible. An innocent joke - because it involves a racial tone - is no longer funny because someone might get offended. We are too damn sensitive anymore - totally. Hell... I'm the last bastion of allowed jokes...a fat redneck girl... yet if you were to post up a joke regarding that??? I'd be the first one laughing.

Lots of times I just want to say.. Get over it.
This answers it completely. :thumb:

Last edited:

Marlene

I didn't mean mad at us Gino as I think he has no good reason for that (I agree with Stacy's post that you quoted), I was asking him why he was mad at the company who sells these things new and have a paid tech support service. stuff like that is a good thing to find out about before you purchase anything.
what I asked sure won't help this guy much as he jumped in and bought with little to no thought but it might help the next newbie looking for a sticker maker on E-Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.