• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beware before Roalnad eco solvant Printer purchase

Techman

Master of Arts

The point is that while this is an "international" forum, 99.9% of it's members are English speaking. I was not degrading this person's race or culture. I was simply stating that if you are going to come flying in, guns blazing, then at least have the courtesy to speak the language properly.

Oh, I see you are the language police.. Courtesy? HAH! courtesy is giving a foreign language the benefit of some common courtesy for best they can do.

Techman

Again - please tell me where ANYONE in this thread personally attacked the OP. In any way.

let try this one..

I understand if English isn't your first language but for f***'s sake at least attempt to form a proper sentence.

This ^

Oh, ,maybe no one has tought us it is rude to make demands when a person is not capable of meeting such a demand?

gag me..

Im done.. You may have the last words...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Salmon.....

I already said that I don't care what he speaks. I deal with foreigners at our shop quite frequently and I deal with them in stores, on the phone and other places and I have no problem talking with them. To each their own. America is a melting pot. I'm just fed up with someone bringing their lousy or dirty customs to my country and expecting me to honor their crap because someone said I'm supposed to be PC and foreigners can be rude, barbaric, uncivil, insulting and I'm supposed to take it..... why ??

Here's an example for you. Today, on the radio a guy called in who was originally from the Caribbean. He is 26 years old. He had to learn that in America, we have trash receptacles and other devices for throwing your trash away while in the park, on a street or any public place. Where he was from, you threw your trash right in the street. That was his custom and the way he was raised. He didn't realize he was doing wrong. He had to learn the way of the land or place he was now in and needed to abide by the rules of the land or pay the consequences.

Okay, so hite here is new, but he needs to be taught how to do it. Making fun of him is as natural as anyone here making fun of anyone else. hite can't comprehend or spell in English, but I'll bet he can talk up a storm in it. He speaks it, just doesn't understand it...... at least not the way we do.

Tell me where it is in this forum where it says something about a place to learn, trade, swap secrets or any other related sign information and has included.... also bash the livin' daylights out of a vendor and do a smear campaign on their butt and attempt to destroy them in one paragraph. Not only once, but put it in several threads, some not at all pertaining to your subject.

hite is on a mini-crusades here and is going far out of his way to hurt someone.... and in my language and any other language around the world, that trumps making fun of his poor communications in spelling.

At this point, he has more points against than any, if at all..... for him.​

Last edited:

Bly

Actually I found OP's rant about as easy to understand as some who post here claiming to be both signmakers and English speakers.

petepaz

wow! that was like those joke emails they send that is all gibberish and mis-spelled but your mind can still read it except this one gave me a seizure

Joe Diaz

I thought English was one of the two official languages used in India.

I'm not bashing the guy for his use of the English language, but I can't really understand the specifics of what the OP is upset about other than he is mad at Roland, and I assume he thinks they are liars (layers?). If he wants people on this forum, (mostly English speaking) to understand his warning, he's going to have to do a better job communicating to us what really went wrong. Perhaps it wasn't Roland, perhaps it was his distributor, which has been our experience in the past.

Salmoneye

It is Joe, depends on what region you are in, cast, if you were able to attend school.... Even when I have been there and speaking with quite educated folks the English can be very hard to understand with the thick accent. They also speak a much more British style English.

Pat Whatley

...and voice this diatribe as if you're gonna ruin the reputation of a fine company and then hide behind the fact that English isn't your native tongue.
ROLAND IS NOT A FINE COMPANY. Roland stuck THOUSANDS of sign shops around the world with piece of **** printers called ColorCamms, knew the technology was a failure, and just buried their heads in the sand and hoped it all got better.

Just because they've managed to use somebody elses tech to build an acceptable printer now does not erase the past.

Joe Diaz

It is Joe, depends on what region you are in, cast, if you were able to attend school.... Even when I have been there and speaking with quite educated folks the English can be very hard to understand with the thick accent. They also speak a much more British style English.

Yeah but we can't hear his accent here.

Salmoneye

I read it, it was pretty thick. lol Honestly I agree with everyone here with most of it, I just know this guy is probably frustrated out of his mind as we would be and I don't mind the poor attempt at English. I like hearing from folks in other places and trying to get an idea as to what their business might be like.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pat, in the mid 90's and up until 2007, we had a PC 5000 printer/cutter, PC 50 printer/cutter, PC 600 printer/cutter and they all worked fabulously for us. They were every bit as good as Gerber's MAXX machine :rolleyes:

I've really had no problems with any of the Rolands we ever had. I've had problems with A V E R Y and small incidentals with just about every other product out there at one time or another of many manufacturers, but I could never condemn Roland. They have been good to me and some of their people... the late Steve Allen, being at the top of that list.

Sorry.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I read it, it was pretty thick. lol Honestly I agree with everyone here with most of it, I just know this guy is probably frustrated out of his mind as we would be and I don't mind the poor attempt at English. I like hearing from folks in other places and trying to get an idea as to what their business might be like.

Well, ask hite this...... how does he do his work and he has NO software. :omg:

Baz

It's really easy to laugh at someone else when it comes to a second language. Some of you would look just as much an idiot if you were to try to explain yourselves in another language. That being said. I agree that his complaint is not apropriate here. And it is obvious to me that his problem is with his supplyer and not Roland itself. He should adress his rant to Roland directly.

I had no trouble understanding what he was trying to explain. Then again, my girlfriend is chinese and her english is well .... berry engrishy. Still love her to death though!

SignManiac

Loose translation...

Please wait, and think about it once again. Because the people are liars. I had a very bad experience. For some reason, they give me a used DX 4 head instead of new head. I complained to them but they refused and said they can't give me the same. They gave me a new printer head at rs. 32000/= (indian rs.) and within 2 months, less then 2500 sq. feet, the print head was bad

I am going to complain to Apson Infotex Ltd. India but those people do not replace my heads, also i am sending him my printers main board for repair. After two months, they have not informed me if the board will be repaired or not. They sent it back to their engineer and his engineer said that I have to check this board and we don't have any extra printer for you while we check the board.

You would think Roland India should have more than one distributor, and they don't have single printer in India. How can they service their customers? I don't understand how a company like Roland can associate with this type of Indian Company. It is very shameful.

Pat Whatley

Glad it worked out for you Gino, you would be only the third person I've ever heard of who made out with their Roland.

Tim Aucoin

For those of you struggling to understand the Original Posters (OP) message, I think this might clarify it for you. I'm quite sure he wasn't intending to bash Roland... he is bashing the Roland Distributor in India and wondering how Roland can associate with such a company. Here's what I read into his post....

Who is thinking of purchasing a Roland EcoSolvent Printer from Apson Infotex Ltd. in India?????????

Please wait, and think twice about it, because those people are lairs.
I have had a very bad experience. I purchased new heads and instead they gave me used heads. I complained to them and asked them to give me new heads instead, but they said there was nothing they could do about it.

They charged me 32,000 rupees for so-called NEW print heads, and within 2 months, and less then 2500 sq. feet printed, the print heads were weak.

I am going to lodge a compliant About Apson Infotex Ltd. in India, but come on people, that won't replace my crappy print heads! I also sent them my printer main board for repair two months ago and they have yet to tell me if the board will be repaired or not! They sent it to their engineer, and this engineer said that he would have to check the board on MY PRINTER because they don't have an extra printer to check the board with... can you believe this? Wouldn't you think that if Roland has a distributor in India that they'd at least have ONE printer on hand? How the heck do these people service their customers? I certainly don't understand how a company like Roland can associate themselves with an Indian Company that provides such poor service and is selling used parts as new. It is very shameful.

MatthewTimothy

I knew this thread was going to be bad just be reading the title:

Beware before Roalnad eco solvant Printer purchase.

I can understand not understanding English, but that isn't English, that is Spanglish and the fact he cant even spell Roland correctly makes it worse.