• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee for under 20$

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, I think the remark was in responce to you calling the original poster a stupid, cheap tool and a thief....who sucks.
I can't figure out from reading your post how you could be construed as agreeing with the original poster.

:Oops:I agreed that he sucks...... stated by the OP himself. I just added what else he/she suck at. It's only my opinion, but it all seemed to go along with his/her own remarks.

Some of the other things again can be mistaken for cruel or undo constructive criticism, but nonetheless, they appear very accurate based on the OP's own facts about him/herself.

Team Valhalla

This thread servers as another perfect example.

Like I've said before about this site... great place to learn and get information, but you sometimes have to have alligator skin. The tone and attitude of some people leaves alot to be desired and is sometimes just plain rude and unjustifiable.

I wouldn't think he's a douche because of his post. He might be an orbital sander... rubbing people the wrong way or a hoof rasp... a bit aggressive. But a douche... something to clean *******?

Let's just play nice in the sandbox. It's not that big of a deal.

Sp

Gino

Premium Subscriber
aye aye captain.jpg

signmeup

:Oops:I agreed that he sucks...... stated by the OP himself. I just added what else he/she suck at. It's only my opinion, but it all seemed to go along with his/her own remarks.

Some of the other things again can be mistaken for cruel or undo constructive criticism, but nonetheless, they appear very accurate based on the OP's own facts about him/herself.
Futura said his spelling sucks. Probably because he is a French speaking Canadian. You behaved like an ignorant rube in a public forum. That's what the remark "stay classy" was aimed at.

Heis3335

To clear it up for you Gino. I think your name calling and was very third grade, and lacked tact and most of all class. People wonder why the next generation has no respect for others, and people like you provide the answer.

JR's

To the original poster, if I came across kind of harsh I am sorry. I was just having fun with you. I think everyone is looking for ways to save some money or shortcuts.
I myself made my own workbench my transfer tape rollers my vinyl racks so on and so forth.
It just seemed like you were kicking Dale when he was down.

Mosh, you kill me man.
I have a couple Big S's and love them. I too have found a product that I can make easier and cheaper. All I do is use duct tape and attatch two beer cans to a hat, add long staws and WALLAH! No need to spend the money on those high fallooting drink hats anymore!!!!

Originally Posted by Techman
It wasn't the tip you posted.. As with any other tool we use here...
Any body could figure this one out themselves if they so desired.

But its the way you posted it as a direct attack on Dale and his product. Sheesh!

Exactly.

Sorry
JR

Futura Signs

I already said i understand where all you un-happy ppl are coming from. i can see how it can be directed that way saing how you can make a 20$ object that sells for 100$... it is ripping someones idea off... And i appologized for that. it was in no way intended in that direction.

My title should have been Cheap quick fix for a BS.

sa stated previously ina couple of my other post.

my appologies.... I hope the man can accept it.

Cheers ppl.... it's a sunny day out. :peace!:

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
It's not how much you make on each tool.

It' how many units that are sold.
It's how much advertising you have to do.
It's having to spend the time to teach the concepts.
It's having to replace units that have been mishandled.
It's having the tools copied making fewer orders.

How many signs get made that are $3 worth of plastic for $30 or more? How often? How often do they get copied?

just my deranged unpopular opinion, but if you are selling a $3 pile of plastic for $100, and your $120k in the hole, maybe you need to make a model that prints money.
When I first started marketing the tools, I was a bit apprehensive about the simplicity and the acceptance in the market place. I sold enough to think that it had a chance of success. After 5 years I'm not so sure. I more than doubled the number of distributors for the BS last fall but, the reorders have been pretty slim as a result of the economy.

I can see now that I made some mistakes. Displaying them at sign conventions is one of them. Money would have been better spent on other types of advertising.

I do have some new inventions that I need to figure out how I can make money on. The lessons learned on the BS marketing will surly help. Thank god they have nothing to do with sign making!

Thanks to all that have given me support on this thread!

dwt

Not everybody lives so far up the 'ivory tower'. Many of us are making due with what we have available within our reach. A few years ago when money was flowing like water this post may not have occurred.

Lets not be too judgmental of others without understanding their position in life or where we came from ourselves. Some of you may be too old to remember the tough times or what it was like to struggle to put food on the family table.

The tips section is full of bastardized knock-offs. I'm sure my supplier wants me to buy that new take up reel and a case of RT but the reality is that's not going to happen.

The only problem i find is using the term BS instead of something else like Large Squeegee or hand held laminator.

Futura Signs

- I Feel bad now

How many signs get made that are $3 worth of plastic for $30 or more? How often? How often do they get copied?

When I first started marketing the tools, I was a bit apprehensive about the simplicity and the acceptance in the market place. I sold enough to think that it had a chance of success. After 5 years I'm not so sure. I more than doubled the number of distributors for the BS last fall but, the reorders have been pretty slim as a result of the economy.

I can see now that I made some mistakes. Displaying them at sign conventions is one of them. Money would have been better spent on other types of advertising.

I do have some new inventions that I need to figure out how I can make money on. The lessons learned on the BS marketing will surly help. Thank god they have nothing to do with sign making!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

the BS is in everyshape in form 100 times better than my Red/Green version of it.

Im also sure in one way or another that besides a product you also introduced a much faster way of doing things to the sign industry and then some.

So you have my full support and i will have to quit being a cheap bastard as stated and go buy one now....

So Keep Rolling Dale and don't let ppl like me get in your way i guess....
and again and again a million appologies... wasnt ment to be directed like that.

Pat

gabagoo

I think the important thing that Dale did do with the BS is that he changed the way I can premask (very fast and pretty accurate), and also laying vinyl cut letters down. Up until I had seen the BS I was never aware that those 2 production issues could be done that way. The BS has saved me so much time and anguish, I almost feel as though we all owe Dale a great Thank you for inventing the concept, not just the tool.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

the BS is in everyshape in form 100 times better than my Red/Green version of it.

Im also sure in one way or another that besides a product you also introduced a much faster way of doing things to the sign industry and then some.

So you have my full support and i will have to quit being a cheap bastard as stated and go buy one now....

and again and again a million appologies... wasnt ment to be directed like that.

Pat

I applaud your attitude. :thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pat, that was very nice and thank you for proceeding this way. It changes my mind. :thumb:..... not that matters much :banghead:

I had a post which I was just ready to hit send on and I will now only send it to the two people it was intended for and if they have a problem with it.... they can take it up privately.

:thankyou:

TheSellOut

Yeah Futura, you're attitude has been great on this whole thread...A lot of ppl would have gotten all pissy and defensive!!

Tim Aucoin

Pat

:thumb: :toasting:Cheers eastern neighbor! :goodpost: I think you passed initiation!

Team Valhalla

Now that's the way to play in the sandbox together! Anyone want a castle mold... I've got two, I can share.

Speaking of castle mold... I found a cheaper way to make one. You just take a Tupperware container.........

Sorry - couldn't resist.

SP

KOOTO

To Futura signs,

I personnaly forgive you for your slipping a bit. I am a merchant here and I would very much better appreciate a personal opinion on my KOOTO than directly on this site.

Now friends... please, please stop discriminating this fellaw, (FS), he's probably the best person that can help you when needed.

My English might not be perfect but I'm like everyone. I do my best everyday. That's all.

Merci de me comprendre
French, (thanks for understanding me).

Charles Gagne
KOOTO

rjpjr

This thread servers as another perfect example.

Like I've said before about this site... great place to learn and get information, but you sometimes have to have alligator skin. The tone and attitude of some people leaves alot to be desired and is sometimes just plain rude and unjustifiable.

Agreed. To me, it is ironic that a thread started with the intention of helping his fellow sign community so quickly became a public persecution. Everybody is now praising Pat's attitude, but from my perspective, it never changed.

oh my bad, i just chimed in on the theme of the thread. it seemed like the thing to do at the time..

(just a lemming)

and as far as lemmings go...just read this a couple of days ago...

Good luck in your future endeavors! :thumb: