• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Building your own laminating table?

ATD Signs

Has anyone out there thought of building their own laminating / application table? I have a hard time considering the cost of a rollover type of mounting table at 15 to 20 thousand.
I know one fellow that has an ezy taper mounting machine and he said he really likes it, and it is half the price. Any thoughts on this

bigben

Or you can order a Chinese one. Last time I've asked for a price, it was 7500$USD shipping included to Montreal for a 1500mmX3000mm work area (60inX118in).

Here is a link

rjssigns

IIRC someone on this forum was going to be importing them from China. Name escapes me, but you may find it if you search for Rolls Roller.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We just ordered our demo machine and its on the boat. We are ordering the 1700mm x 3700mm table to test, work out the kinks and we have talked about importing them for us sale, just working out the logistics with the manufacturer.

Attachments

• IMG_4103.jpg
    IMG_4103.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,561
  • IMG_4104.jpg
    IMG_4104.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,361
  • IMG_4119.jpg
    IMG_4119.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,180
  • IMG_4121.jpg
    IMG_4121.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_4120.jpg
    IMG_4120.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_4130.jpg
    IMG_4130.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_4123.jpg
    IMG_4123.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,146
  • IMG_4122-1.jpg
    IMG_4122-1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG_4124.jpg
    IMG_4124.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,262
  • IMG_4125.jpg
    IMG_4125.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,560
  • IMG_4131-1.jpg
    IMG_4131-1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,272
  • IMG_4132.jpg
    IMG_4132.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,294

GVP

Great price from China - but look at the shipping cost!

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_135 Oct. 19 08.57.jpg
    ScreenHunter_135 Oct. 19 08.57.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,405

DirtyD

What kind of brokerage fees, then ltl fees, I'm sure those fees add up to a lot, I would think.

How long from purchase to door? Can't things like that sit at customs for awhile?

reQ

Cost to make your own if you know exactly what you are doing is roughly 3k USD. That will include aluminum extrusions, pneumatic parts, tempered glass & silicone roller & guide rails for it to ride on.
Like i mentioned in another topic - i decided to import China-made table,because i simply don't have the skill to make a perfect table that will work without a hiccup. If you are in US, it will cost you under 10k delivered to ur door.

reQ

I see that you are in Ontario, so for me - 13500 CAD delivered to Central Canada. So for you probably less

reQ

Maybe we could make a group buy for Canada... Just an idea.
Doable, but might be few issues. For me for example its better to deliver to Vancouver Port. I it will be delivered to port on the east, i will pay much more for freight after.

player

Doable, but might be few issues. For me for example its better to deliver to Vancouver Port. I it will be delivered to port on the east, i will pay much more for freight after.

You could get a bulk shipping rate for all units. Divide total shipping by the number of members. Each member pays equally regardless of location.

ATD Signs

You should try and show that table at the Toronto sign show next September, a basic model, and then another upscale model .
I'm sure that you would get a lot of interest

Speedsterbeast

I've had an Ezy Taper for over 2 years now. The learning curve on it can be VERY frustrating, but after that it's smooth sailing. It does everything it advertises, takes up little shop space, is very well built too. And it can't break down! I think it's a little over priced, but still a good investment. The only thing I don't use it for is taping. But all my laminating and mounting is done with it.

Geoff897

My Fayon Laminator just turned up 3 weeks ago, I could write an entire essay on the disappointment with my flatbed Laminator.

The table frame is uneven, when the roller runs over it creases the vinyl and creates bubbles throughout the whole length of the laminator. The steel is rusty when the paint has been scratched. Looks like the frame has been left in the weather for long time.

The roller has already fallen off the machine and broken the heater core (Second Day), Cables too short and jammed between the steel casing and LED’s flicker randomly

I was told they have seen the manufacturing issue before and their only recommendation is pack steel between the supports to support the glass ;\ to level it,

With the glass weighing 300kg so not looking forward to lifting up and down without breaking it. With 13 supports have gaps ranging from 1 to 4mm so its going to be a roulette game to find which one needs supporting and which ones doesnt.

I offered to pay for one of their experienced engineers with the correct tools to fly over but they advise they are too busy to fix the issue and won’t provide any assistance or compensation.

I would highly recommend to stay away from this machine and pay for a named brand who supports there products locally or spend the time building your own.

Also it only sits at 80cm high so very painful working height unless your 5ft tall

I would highly recommend to stay away from this table (I can’t even call it a laminator), what a waste of $10,000k.

After doing some further research i found 3 people who bought these locally and they also similar manufacturing issues

2016-10-08 15.42.52.jpg 2016-10-08 10.38.13-1.jpg 2016-10-08 12.26.34.jpg