• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Can you email me the file?"

Colin

Colin, don't stoop to these other tricks. That is far less professional than telling him upfront what to expect or not. You have a reputation and regardless if this guy is 4 hours away or still in town. Crap like that can get out. It wouldn't be hard to figure out on his end.

Ya, no, that's not my style. Wouldn't consider changing colors or low-res JPGs.

genericname

Ya, no, that's not my style. Wouldn't consider changing colors or low-res JPGs.

Good. Sabotaging someone else's output can put you from uninvolved third party, to legally liable for losses.

Aaaaabsolutely worst case scenario, you could give him the work, but explain that you need to charge for the handling and storage (over the past however long) of his files. This sets a precedent, mind you, in that the client has ownership of the file, but expects you to keep it for a fee, which can be worse than the other outcomes. I'd go with Gino's statement; charging for the rights to the file, then saying adios.

Techman

Give him the file and send him on his way. You don't need a client that isn't loyal. Fire him and move on.

No friggin way...

This is why our industry is taking the beating and is exactly why clients assume they own the art. Time to unite and get on the same page.

Jillbeans

Yes. I can email you the file and for a fee of $XX.
Then send him the damn file if he wants it.
The whole useable file not some corruption.
If not, buh-bye.
Let him try to re-do it or pay some hack to try and replicate it then he'll realize why the file was worth $XX.
Love...Jill
and ummm, Adholio, giving him the file is giving your work away, not firing him.

Locals Find!

Yes. I can email you the file and for a fee of $XX.
Then send him the damn file if he wants it.
The whole useable file not some corruption.
If not, buh-bye.
Let him try to re-do it or pay some hack to try and replicate it then he'll realize why the file was worth $XX.
Love...Jill
and ummm, Adholio, giving him the file is giving your work away, not firing him.

Ummm, jillbtch (see I can do it too, your not that special) what I said was two distinct actions. 1. Give him the file 2. Fire him

Anyway you cut it you don't wanna do business with a guy like this and the OP has stated he wasn't very valuable anyway.

Jillbeans

1. How is giving him the file for free benefiting you?
2. I have no idea why you are still on a signmaker's forum, when you are only a broker and have zero talent.
3. Have a swell day.

Colin

I had a reply yesterday, it went like this:

How much for shipping? And how long till they'll get here?

I imagine it would be about $15-20 in the mail given the weight. I'm happy to just call it $10.00

They'd be ready in about a week.

Okay Colin, go ahead with 500 for now at $175 plus HST and $10 for handling.

Let me know when they're ready and I'll give you a credit card #.

On business cards, I do require a deposit or payment first. (I take Visa or AmEx).

Silence.

I can only assume that because I asked for the CC number (deposit) he emotionalized that as “You don’t trust me”, yet earlier stated that “This is business”. Funny how that’s a one-way street.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ummm, jillbtch (see I can do it too, your not that special) what I said was two distinct actions. 1. Give him the file 2. Fire him

Anyway you cut it you don't wanna do business with a guy like this and the OP has stated he wasn't very valuable anyway

This has always been exactly my point. It has nothing to do with your respect of lack of, but your ugly way of talking with your so-called peers.

You put this stuff out there and then hide behind admins aprons to seek refuge from your own stupid words and actions.
She is dead balls on !! You are not an equal in my opinion, either and should have your credentials re-evaluated. You constantly stir things up, give totally worthless advice and contribute absofrickin'lutely nothing. :noway:
You're so rotten, you could have an argument in an empty room.... and it go on for hours.

Colin

I gotta ask what kinda business cards are these that they are commanding $175 per 500. I am really interested.

They are a heavy paperstock, with a gloss or matte laminate both sides, full colour and a colour photo on the back. They are tear and water resistant/proof. It also includes design/set-up.

Circleville Signs

LOLOLOL.....

Calling a respected member of the community, AND A LADY nonetheless, a "btch" is something that, in my neck of the woods, gets you whooped.

Locals Find!

LOLOLOL.....

Calling a respected member of the community, AND A LADY nonetheless, a "btch" is something that, in my neck of the woods, gets you whooped.

Well, if I had said that to a "Lady" you might have a leg to stand on. Down here in the South our "Ladies" don't insult people by attempting to twist their names into a slang term for a posterior.