• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

copyright

Locals Find!

go to the BBC and they have a lot of Dr Who avatars to download for message boards which if I am correct, this is. I did add my cat to it, I'm pretty sure, won't land me in jail. so bite me. it's just one example that you don't know crap about much

So let me get this straight its ok for you to violate copyright law?? Then ride me for making a mistake doing the same thing. Which I have been attempting to correct and your logic is they probably wont' catch and punish you so that makes it ok for your to act like a hypocrite??

Marlene

So let me get this straight its ok for you to violate copyright law?? Then ride me for making a mistake doing the same thing. Which I have been attempting to correct and your logic is they probably wont' catch and punish you so that makes it ok for your to act like a hypocrite??

what the hell part of BBC provides Dr Who avatars to be used on messge boards did you miss????????????? are you really that thick??

Locals Find!

what the hell part of BBC provides Dr Who avatars to be used on messge boards did you miss????????????? are you really that thick??

You modified the work. I am pretty sure thats not allowed. So what part of copyrighted work did you miss??

Stop acting like a hypocrite and an idiot and just shut up now. Your not going to convince me your violations are allowed but mine aren't. I admitted I was in the wrong and fixed it while you still flaunt your stupidity by continuing to defend yourself.

Marlene

You modified the work. I am pretty sure thats not allowed. So what part of copyrighted work did you miss??

Stop acting like a hypocrite and an idiot and just shut up now. Your not going to convince me your violations are allowed but mine aren't. I admitted I was in the wrong and fixed it while you still flaunt your stupidity by continuing to defend yourself.

you ass+#le. maybe it is because no one here, including me respects you that we just love to jump all over you, I will give you that. you took an image and are using it to promote your sorry-ass business and are making money from that image. I took an avatar intened to be used on message boards and yes, I added another personal touch to it. so shove it jerk. and you have not fixed it no matter what you say as it still is on your site.

tcorn1965

Adtechia, I believe you can voice opinion without the name calling. IMO

Terry

WildWestDesigns

go to the BBC and they have a lot of Dr Who avatars to download for message boards which if I am correct, this is. I did add my cat to it, I'm pretty sure, won't land me in jail. so bite me. it's just one example that you don't know crap about much

Don't forget that Big Finish(which has the rights to do Dr Who audio dramas and "forgotten tales" of the Doctor in book form as well) puts on competition for fan based stories of the Dr and his companions.

TheSellOut

Adhole...You could be the sole part of Signs101 that I can't stand! You never contribute anything of value, you can't believe a word you say, and your posts seem to plague every good thread!

And believe me I have tried to just ignore you and your posts but you make it impossible.

iSign

I too look forward to the day adtechia gets his sorryass banned from here, as he is clearly the lowest rung & represent a purely negative impact on the site as a whole!

Bigdawg

Just Me
You know I watch the members go back and forth here and for the most part - I let them have at it.

But calling Marlene an idiot? and telling her to just shut up now? Oh I am soooooo jumping in here...

She - unlike you - is a highly respected member of this forum. We tolerate you. We like her. And you don't see Marlene being mean or an a$$ to people in the open forum. So for you to bring out even a little bit of that in her - well IMHO it just shows how big of a jerk you are.

I've shut the he!! up about your logo... but you really are the dumb one if you didn't think the post office logo was copyrighted. Seriously. And you call yourself a professional. And don't even try claiming that you didn't know it was the post office logo... that's even harder to swallow. And there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON your logo isn't changed on your website. Must be your doppleganger who posts on here too... he must keep uploading the same image...

I'll go back to not commenting on your stupid posts and inane comments that continue to show you have no clue how clueless you really are.

But you don't get to talk to Marlene like that without me sticking up for her... she deserves so much better than that.

AUTO-FX

If I find out he used my Celery Man, I'm gonna be even more pissed than I am that he told Marlene to "shut up."

MY2

garisimo

Here's the difference: if it is your photo (meaning that YOU took the photo) then you can create whatever derivative works you like (tracing it in Illustrator, tracing it on a light table). If someone else took the photo (for example: a photo studio took the picture of your dog) then you do not have the copyright to create derivative works (eg. a cartoon illustration). This is why Shepard Fairey got in hot water with the AP photographer -- he used a picture of President Obama that was not his (he did not hold copyright or permission to create derivative works).

As for the tattoo artists, yes they are infringing on someone's intellectual property -- if you get an image of Mickey Mouse (or Harley Davidson or the AT&T logo) on your person, unless you have permission from the copyright owner, you have broken the law.

Cheers!

p.s. here's a beer for everybody -- mellow out!

It would depend on what you are tracing. If it's a picture of my dog and I want to use that for an illustration, I don't think that would be a problem. Very first illustration that I ever did was one of a young horse that I had with a cat on her back. I did it from a picture that I had taken. I wouldn't consider that wrong in a legal sense, but then again I don't know enough to comment on that aspect with any authority. Maybe from an "artistic" sense, but I would have no problem with the term illustrator versus artist. If Illustrator was good enough for Norman Rockwell, it certainly is for me.

However, doesn't the Vector Doctor trace logos and clipart for people? I would hope they would be people that have rights to those logos(clipart), but that would still be tracing logos.

It would just depend on the situation. Like so many things, it isn't black & white like people try to make it seem.

CES020

Most of you do know about the ignore lists, right? If you hate watching someone's lips moving every time they open them, make your life here more pleasurable and use the ignore list. If about 10 people that have problems with Adtechia would put him on the ignore lists, most all of the noise would disappear.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=ignore+list&match=all&titlesonly=0

Just saying it's not an unsolvable problem. Don't like the guy, put him on the ignore list and never have to see his posts again. No need to any future aggravation on your part.

Life's too short! Now, let's all go have a drink. Adtechia will be the one with the bag of his head so y'all won't see him :)

WildWestDesigns

Here's the difference: if it is your photo (meaning that YOU took the photo) then you can create whatever derivative works you like (tracing it in Illustrator, tracing it on a light table). If someone else took the photo (for example: a photo studio took the picture of your dog) then you do not have the copyright to create derivative works (eg. a cartoon illustration). This is why Shepard Fairey got in hot water with the AP photographer -- he used a picture of President Obama that was not his (he did not hold copyright or permission to create derivative works).

As for the tattoo artists, yes they are infringing on someone's intellectual property -- if you get an image of Mickey Mouse (or Harley Davidson or the AT&T logo) on your person, unless you have permission from the copyright owner, you have broken the law.

I was only talking about the one that I had taken and traced as an example when tracing a picture was OK. Maybe not in an artistic sense as some might believe that it's better to do it without aids and with your own imagination.

I know a guy that does very good CNC work making custom badges for vehicles and at times he does do work that is using either no longer produced "classic" badging or badging that looks extremely close to what is still being produced. That would make me nervous.

Let me ask y'all this...how many use metafile information to embed your designer information(company, name, year etc)? That way when someone that you did work for takes it somewhere else, that other place has an ability to find who the artist is and make sure everything is kosher? I've done that with my embroidery files, but I also include instructions for the person doing the embroidery if that file was created with a very specific task in mind.

Locals Find!

If I find out he used my Celery Man, I'm gonna be even more pissed than I am that he told Marlene to "shut up."

MY2

Don't worry I didn't use your tacky celery man for anything. I found a Real Artist to make me an original. Go ahead and let Marlene rip it off then point fingers at me to draw attention away. Seems to be the theme around here.

AUTO-FX

Okay, let's see said REAL artwork-you threatened to show us the settled upon artwork in the thread ANYway......

iSign

Don't worry I didn't use your tacky celery man for anything. I found a Real Artist to make me an original. Go ahead and let Marlene rip it off then point fingers at me to draw attention away. Seems to be the theme around here.

...you clearly wouldn't know a "real" artist if he bit your sorrya$$ ...& if ya couldn't tell his celery man stick figure was a 60 second joke, you are quite a bit more of a fool then what has already been determined...

Locals Find!

Okay, let's see said REAL artwork-you threatened to show us the settled upon artwork in the thread ANYway......

Will do as soon as I make the final agreed upon payment. Not one moment before. I learned my lesson with that damn USPS eagle. I am not doing that again.

Just for clarification I never said I would show it that was all your request. However, I see no reason why not to share it when I finish paying for it. As the Artist that did it deserves the credit. I will share in due course on the original thread. Giving the S101 Member the appropriate credit.