• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extreme Makeover - The Entries

Extreme makeover Contest - Vote for your favorite

• #1 Replicator

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • #2 Ground Chuck

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • #3 Ground Chuck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #4 Signage

• #5 Ken

• #6 Bladegraphics

Votes: 46 32.9%
  • #7 Isign

• #8 Jillbeans

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • #9 Flame Master

• #10 Jillbeans

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • #11 Stevo Design

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • #12 Vid

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • #13 Replicator

• #14 Signosaurus Rex

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • #15 Holeshotrob

• #16 Flame Master

• #17 Torgy97

• #18 Stevo Design

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • #19 Jillbeans

• #20 Tikiboyz

• #21 Wannabe

• #22 Holeshotrob

• #23 Deaton Design

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • #24 Bluttr

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • #25 Geb

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • #26 Flame Master

• #27 Isign

• #28 GAC05

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • #29 Pat Whatley

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • #30 Bluttr

• #31 Geb

• #32 Checkers

• #33 Njsigns

Votes: 14 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geb

I was watching a certain #(thinkin that was my design) and noticed a " few" votes. I then looked closer and noticed it wasn't mine, then looked at mine and I had 1 vote more than the design I was watching. Aint it a wonderful life, George Bailey.

Doyle

Design #6 is awesome, but highly doubt that anyone capable of designing that IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would do it for less than $1500. That is why it did not get my vote. Just isn't realistic to me at all. The designs look great though! Good job to those who posted, if I had more time I would have done one as well.

Flame

I'd love if at the end of the contest, you put everyone's name next to their design. See who did what.

Yeah, I agree what everyone's saying about the price. If anyone can make that #6 sign for under 1K.... they've lost their MINDS.

But hey, it looks pretty cool. Not what I voted for though...:wink:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Previously asked and answered. After the voting is completed, the designer's names will be added to each posted entry.

Former member

I think you can pull off #6 for under a grand. Some digital prints mounted to 1/2" leftover mdo that was cut to shape. 4x4 posts, The brackets and finials could have been objects from Jim's shop ( this is an imaginary contest, right?), plus some paint ,concrete, and mounting hardware. -just about $300 in supplies,leaving $695 for design, production and installation
1 hour design- ( the design is OK, just looks like clip art and gradients to me)
2 hours production
2 hours installation.
I would charge more than $995, but I could do it for that price and still make some money.
Alot of the other designs are great and I think they would more cost effective and profitable.

Last edited:

skyhigh

I think you can pull off #6 for under a grand. Some digital prints mounted to 1/2" mdo that was cut to shape. 4x4 posts, The brackets and finials could have been objects from Jim's shop ( this is an imaginary contest, right?), plus some paint ,concrete, and mounting hardware. -just about $300 in supplies,leaving $695 for design, production and installation
1 hour design- ( the design is OK, just looks like clip art and gradients to me)
2 hours production
2 hours installation.
I would charge more than $995, but I could do it for that price and still make some money.
Alot of the other designs are great and I think they would more cost effective and profitable.

Maybe this is a $600 sign, if he had a scrap half sheet of MDO and a couple bags of concrete left over from another job too.

No offense Blade, but your total time is 5 hours.....if you get the "quick dry" concrete, maybe you can cut that down to 4???

One word.........unrealistic

Ken

I can't see designing that #6 in one hour, as Blade suggests.
An evening maybe , if I had the talent...
At the end, perhaps #6 will explain.
Let's get over this.
Cheers!
ken

wannabe

I think my mother must have voted for mine. I was holding out for the least number of votes and was getting there. I like to set goals I can reach.

skyhigh

I think my mother must have voted for mine. I was holding out for the least number of votes and was getting there. I like to set goals I can reach.

LOL...now I'm going to have to look at all the designs that have 1 vote.

wannabe

Ever have one of those moments when immediately after clicking the "submit" button you start searching for the UNSEND button? I thought about asking Fred if he would NOT put my name by mine. Maybe I should say, "just kidding'' beside it or justify my entry as working with Jim's ACTUAL budget.

Replicator

how in the he!! are there only 103 votes so far ?

Don't we have like 5,000,000,000 people on the dang forum

for crimeny sakes alive !

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
how in the he!! are there only 103 votes so far ?

Don't we have like 5,000,000,000 people on the dang forum

for crimeny sakes alive !

It is what it is Rep. I've never understood the low tallies.

Vote.gif