• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flamey vs. bob............

THATgirl

so I guess flamey can post one of his old designs also and just change the words to suit bob's request. (who made bob boss anyway? oh that's right HE did)

Flame

Aight, 7 minutes. I'm going back to work now. :p

Attachments

• Lawson Landscaping.jpg
    Lawson Landscaping.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 279

THATgirl

My vote is for flamey's. Nice and clean! Great colors, easy to read.
bob, your L's are ridiculously over sized, colors are ho hum. Not so easy on the eyes. Plus you are a cheater.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45640&highlight=logo

post #16 on 2-15-09.

I remember the thread, because at the time, I thought to myself: Holy COW! Bob actually contributed for once by posting a design.:ROFLMAO:

I'm no judge, but in my book, bob stacked the deck and is disqualified for misrepresenting he made this in the twenty minutes of time specified. He may have made it in 20 minutes some months ago, but that wasn't part of the equation he, himself set up. bob, you're OUT !!

Flamey wins, not because of his layout, but due to forfeit on bob's part for cheating.

The games are officially over. Now get back to work.......:ROFLMAO:

This was more of an exercise in how to try and deceive your peers and get caught........:covereyes:

Last edited:

PMG

Bob Take some design lessons from the young pup...he smoked your ass on this one!!!!!!! good design Flame.:rock-n-roll:

Pat Whatley

I'd have made the white line through the leaf align with the white between the two lines of text.

Both of these are good, basic, knock them out and get paid layouts. Nothing spectacular, just good everyday design.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, he spelled a word incorrectly once, too.

I just did that for a customer yesterday. Their name is 'Advanced Orthopaedics' and I spelled it 'Orthopedics'. :Oops:

We're out there today, correcting the front door and main directory sign. Pissy part is, they signed off on the proof and didn't catch the mistake there, but they did on the front door. :rolleyes:

:thread my own thread......... :tongue:

vectorterrorist

Next Contest: PICTURE OF BOB EATING CROW....20 MIN TIME LIMIT AND IF YOU HAVE A OLD PIC OF BOB EATING CROW....YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE...MUST BE ENTIRELY NEW WORK! LMAO

:ROFLMAO:

weaselboogie

You're all high.

I don't either design is that great. As much as all of you would like to see bob go down in flames, both designs are mediocre.

Sorry.

No win on either side.

I did really like what bob did with making the double LL's into leaves. I don't think flamey's was terrible, but there's a couple of tweaks that could have made it much better.

peavey123

You're all high.

I don't either design is that great. As much as all of you would like to see bob go down in flames, both designs are mediocre.

Sorry.

No win on either side.

If its down to legibility, Flame won by a long shot. Open the polls! lol

bjones

Hard to even compare them when flame actually did his from scratch in 7 minutes while bob recycled an old design that who knows how long it took him to do.

Bob cheated and he's the guy that set the rules :)

weaselboogie

The only fair way to do a poll like this is to keep the names off and throw in an extra 3 to 5 to throw off everyone's assumptions of whose is whose. If not, everyone will be letting their personal feelings of bob and flamey get in the way.