Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flamey vs. bob............

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by Gino, May 6, 2009.

1. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    nice sign darlak. did you design that in 15 minutes too?

2. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Interesting, I have one I did a couple of years back. It might have been posted one time or another in these waters, shrug.

The specs were that it had to have a phoenix theme as well as some sort of oriental flavor. This one took an hour or so...

Attached Files:

3. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    gag........

4. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    I need to find my reading glasses to read that bob. But then I am not contributing any design so I should shut up.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    bob, on a serious note... were those eagles hand-painted and what's that nipple doing up in the right hand corner ??

6. briderx

briderx Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Wow guys (/girls).. You pick on Bob for being an a$$, yet most of you drop to a pretty low level yourselves in this thread... Pretty lame. I'm out for the day, I'll try again tomorrow.

Bob, Flame.. Awesome job on the signs. Both have skill and a sense of creativity. I think you both did a really good job.

7. gnatt66

gnatt66 Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    NH

hahahahahaha!...awesome.

8. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Eagles? Them's supposed to be phoenixes. You know, fire and all of that.

Someone painted them I assume. I really don't remember just where they came from. The background is a pastiche of three separate images, two original and one I derived, all with similar beaks. I'm far more of a synthesist than a creator of original art.

The nipple is suckling the web address, of course. Apparently you missed the subliminal wombat humping the buffalo.

9. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Where's the buffalo?

10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

Thanks for a great laugh.... I can now leave, go pick up my winnings and look for them thar Phoenixes in the bottom of my bottle..............

:U Rock:

11. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    wow, Bob is actually showing us his work.... surely this won't last. Bob I think that you have a lot to contribute to this forum because I have read some of your very sensible posts regarding layout and design. Keep them coming....

BUTTTTT, I must say that after all of the bashing you have done to everyone else's posted designs (though sometimes offering valuable advice), you should have something a little better to show us than THAT!!!! Come on, let's see some of your portfolio pieces.... not a karate sticker.

12. ProWraps™

ProWraps™ Guest

is this what this site has been reduced to? good god. both designs are garbage, and this entire penis-off is moronic.

if you want to get into a dick-off, then show bank statements. otherwise get back to making money and contribute to THIS SITE or stop trying to relive high school and move along.

13. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I knew I was able to draw out a few portfolio postings from bob once upon a time...

...ain't search grand... 30 seconds & I found it in reply #29!

14. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    You have no idea where your art came from...hummmm. I bet Flame knows where the artwork he uses comes from.

Flame took this hands down as bob pulled some piece of junk out of his past "wonders of the world of bob" and didn't even try to come up with something like Flame did.

15. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    First off.. no pig flu here lol...

Nobody won nuttin' in my way of thinking. Just a public pi$$ing match... haven't seen a contest yet. So let's do this instead...

tiki is supposed to be hosting the next design contest. If he's ready... I propose that flame and bob both enter... along with the others that will... and we'll see who's design gets the most votes? Can't be much fairer then that...

16. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    Watch out. I'd be willing to bet bob is one of, if not the most well off sign guy in here. I know where he lives.

17. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    you are always the voice of wisdom Stacy!! great idea as we won't know who did what and won't be baised by our likes or dislikes for the person. I'm sure bob can pull out some old design to enter (sorry, couldn't resist just one more jab)

back to this thread, Flame came here and posted designs that were pretty bad when he first joined. he kept on posting stuff even when he was torn to shreads by members. he worked on his skills and is now one h#!! of a designer. bob doesn't grow. bob feels that he is there and his work will never be any better than it is today. he is stale. Flame will continue to grow and that is what makes a good designer. a good designer never feels like they are there, they always are trying to be better.

18. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    My design was crud because I put 7 minutes into it. lol. And yeah, this is a pi$$ing match, and immature. But hey, I'm not perfect. :D :D :D

19. briderx

briderx Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Hey Flame.. I know you probably check this thread often, so I'll ask you here.. Done much work on street bikes? Any tips? Not doing digital print, but probably some designs using vinyl (once I get my machine...)

20. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    From time to time, not near as much as I do on dirt bikes. Best tip I can offer is get really good with a razor blade, and try not to use a lot of straight lines. One is good, but making 5 different ones match perfectly... is a PITA.