• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flamey vs. bob............

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Although this started in the regular chit-chat section, I thought it would be good to stop pirating that initial thread and get the results posted now that both contestants have answered the call.

I would like to make one suggestion.... in all fairness keep the twnety minute time frame open until 2PM today.

:thankyou:

Flame

I have 43 jobs on the board... any way we can do this after hours? I have no prob with the 20 minute rule but I don't have 20 minutes to give right now.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Here's mine, the outer black hairline is the contour cut line. About 15 minutes...

Attachments

• lawson_landscaping.jpg
    lawson_landscaping.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 389

Marlene

letters are crammed together with way too tight spacing. the LL is OK, kind has a vine feel to it, might look better if you trimmed out some of the details from one of the L's and added a leaf to the scrolls of the LL. colors look nice. also like the white leaves and the contour cut of the overall layout. (PS, I've seen tons better from Flame and sure he'll kick you butt in this)

You've posted that a month ago Bob
oooo, busted bob

Pat Whatley

Well see...Bob had 20 minutes to give last month. In his infinite wisdom he knew this day was coming and went ahead and prepared his piece.

That said, shouldn't we wait until Flame has his up to start the critique process?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it can be proven that you had that layout already on file and fixed the rules, bob.... you will be disqualified and Flamey will win due to No Contest. However, if it is indeed new, then bob wins due to Flamey not abiding by the rules for tardiness.

I just like it when someone calls another out, then determines a set of new rules and it goes back and forth and eventually... no one adheres to any of the rules, but everyone wants to see a clearly defined winner.

There's a lot of growing up needed.... if anyone wants to start calling people out. This was like second grade level crap.... so, now watch the excuses flow in from the contestants. :notworthy:

Popcorn, peanuts, soda pop..... getcher stuff right here for the next brawl............. :popcorn: :beer :munchie:

Flame

Sheesh, fine guys. I'll get one in before 2. lol. Let me finish this bike kit and I'll whip one up.

Techman

All this foreplay and ctitique is all nonsence.

Bob posted something. Fair and square..
Flamey has not and said he cannot until after hours.
Bob posted first. Flamey should do better now that he sees what bob posted.

Good post bob. 100% functional and looks good. Gives a nice leaf and vine effect on the "L"'s

Bigdawg

Just Me
Totally different Joe... it says Lawson instead of Lowdermilk... with a different font (actually I think the original looked better...)

Edited to add: To me that's kinda like ummmm cheating.

signmeup

Post something new bob. :rolleyes:

I just did this one in 8 minutes. I know this is just between flame and bob but what the heck....critique if you wish.

Attachments

• LawsonSm.jpg
    LawsonSm.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 343

Service Sign Co

OK 2 months ago. I think Bob's looks good,not to sure about the 20 minute part.Looks nice Sign me up, I didn't watch the clock,ABOUT 10 or 15 minutes I guess

Last edited:

Joe Diaz

Totally different Joe... it says Lawson instead of Lowdermilk... with a different font (actually I think the original looked better...)

Edited to add: To me that's kinda like ummmm cheating.
:biggrin:
I wonder what lowdermilk thinks of bob copying their design for another company? And... I wonder what Lawson thinks of bob repackaging old designs for their new logo?:Big Laugh