Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flamey vs. bob............

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by Gino, May 6, 2009.

1. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

:thread

Where is tiki at? he won the last design contest. Let's get another one going. :thumb:

I enjoy seeing people having fun doing design contests, Not trying to tear each other down.

But back to the subject. Bob, If you are as good as you imply, then share some of these designs we have all been missing. Contribute more, not the same design with different words. Post your portfolio man! Show us all how it should be done. There might be a lot we could all learn from your work. This is a place where we should be learning from each other, not trying to figure out ways to one up the next guy. :thumb:

2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    yup,, both are equall.. This sin't supposed to be a popularity contest. It was a call out to see if bob could come up with a design.. He did. And it is functional. Flame came up with one too. Functional.

Neither one wins over the other.

3. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    It isn't a popularity contest techman. It is a matter of choice. I like flamey's better

4. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    Bob has some sensibility, he had to know this deck was stacked against him from the begining...rules or no rules, my commendation on 2 pleasing designs.

5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Perhaps, it was done last year. If I posted it somewhere before, it must have been a rare stepping out of character. I don't usually post work. The specs I posted were the specs given me at the time. I changed the name to a nom-de-sticker.

The reason I posted this job was because it was one of the rare jobs for which I was given a specific set of real world specifications. When I did it, it took about 15 minutes, the principal was standing right over my shoulder. If you want to do something else, I might play if I have time, which right now I don't.

6. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    And bob regurgitating an old design is just wrong. This was not a true "contest" He set up the contest with something he had already done. Not an equal playing field.

I'd like to see them both do something that is new...

7. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Sure. Maybe I'll put more than 7 minutes into a design. lol. All I did was 2 lines of text and a quick drawn vector. A real logo takes a little longer....

I vote that Bigdawg come up with a quick scenerio for a small business logo design.

8. sarge

sarge Active Member

Oct 18, 2008
    :beer :popcorn: :beer

9. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    I would like to see a design for a martial art schools.

There are very few designs for karate schools around.

I'll wager very few here have a martial art school design and thus few could not post a ready made. There we go.

10. animenick65

animenick65 Very Active Member

May 18, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Good idea. The martial arts places around here have some pretty crappy signs. I'd like to see what people can come up with. Also agree that the designs need to be mailed to a third party who can post them so we don't know whos is whos. Damn place is a popularity contest.

11. jscarl

jscarl Very Active Member

Apr 21, 2003
    I can just see it now!!!! Martial arts school clipart for sale $5.00 ea. :popcorn:

12. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I like that... are you willing to do it guys? How 'bout Red Dragon Martial Arts School...

13. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

OOOOO! even better: "Who Flung Poo Martial Arts School":ROFLMAO:

14. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I'd be up for it. (I already have one done though)

15. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I'm gonna let y'all decide what name.. kinda like Joes LOL...

But sick as a dawg... and going home... so ya' won't see me again til tomorrow.

16. jscarl

jscarl Very Active Member

Apr 21, 2003
    OH POH Stacy got the piggy flu?

17. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Sure, I'd be down for it.

18. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

whatever bob.....

yea, have a contest and then just rifle through your old **** looking for something to post.... real creative....

i have an idea, lets design a welcome to las vegas sign....

here's mine ---->

180px-Welcome_to_vegas.jpg

19. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I wanna see a design for a fat kid dodgeball camp.

20. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    That's better than karate school.