• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flamey vs. bob............

Joe Diaz

:thread

Where is tiki at? he won the last design contest. Let's get another one going. :thumb:

I enjoy seeing people having fun doing design contests, Not trying to tear each other down.

But back to the subject. Bob, If you are as good as you imply, then share some of these designs we have all been missing. Contribute more, not the same design with different words. Post your portfolio man! Show us all how it should be done. There might be a lot we could all learn from your work. This is a place where we should be learning from each other, not trying to figure out ways to one up the next guy. :thumb:

Techman

yup,, both are equall.. This sin't supposed to be a popularity contest. It was a call out to see if bob could come up with a design.. He did. And it is functional. Flame came up with one too. Functional.

Neither one wins over the other.

GB2

Old Member
Bob has some sensibility, he had to know this deck was stacked against him from the begining...rules or no rules, my commendation on 2 pleasing designs.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You've posted that a month ago Bob

Perhaps, it was done last year. If I posted it somewhere before, it must have been a rare stepping out of character. I don't usually post work. The specs I posted were the specs given me at the time. I changed the name to a nom-de-sticker.

The reason I posted this job was because it was one of the rare jobs for which I was given a specific set of real world specifications. When I did it, it took about 15 minutes, the principal was standing right over my shoulder. If you want to do something else, I might play if I have time, which right now I don't.

Bigdawg

Just Me
And bob regurgitating an old design is just wrong. This was not a true "contest" He set up the contest with something he had already done. Not an equal playing field.

I'd like to see them both do something that is new...

Flame

Sure. Maybe I'll put more than 7 minutes into a design. lol. All I did was 2 lines of text and a quick drawn vector. A real logo takes a little longer....

I vote that Bigdawg come up with a quick scenerio for a small business logo design.

Techman

I would like to see a design for a martial art schools.

There are very few designs for karate schools around.

I'll wager very few here have a martial art school design and thus few could not post a ready made. There we go.

animenick65

I'll wager very few here have a martial art school design and thus few could not post a ready made. There we go.

Good idea. The martial arts places around here have some pretty crappy signs. I'd like to see what people can come up with. Also agree that the designs need to be mailed to a third party who can post them so we don't know whos is whos. Damn place is a popularity contest.

Bigdawg

Just Me

I like that... are you willing to do it guys? How 'bout Red Dragon Martial Arts School...

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm gonna let y'all decide what name.. kinda like Joes LOL...

But sick as a dawg... and going home... so ya' won't see me again til tomorrow.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
The reason I posted this job was because it was one of the rare jobs for which I was given a specific set of real world specifications. When I did it, it took about 15 minutes, the principal was standing right over my shoulder. If you want to do something else, I might play if I have time, which right now I don't.

whatever bob.....

yea, have a contest and then just rifle through your old shit looking for something to post.... real creative....

i have an idea, lets design a welcome to las vegas sign....

here's mine ---->

180px-Welcome_to_vegas.jpg