• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frank Fellers, the Owner of Fellers Has started his own wrap shop doing wraps for $1,000

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
So I learned some things this morning. Frank Fellers no longer owns Fellers - and has virtually nothing to do with that business. The product he's using at Speeddwrap is ONLY the cheetah wrap in 30 colors. that's it. He's only using the bottom of the line material - not 3M or Avery or any of the higher end quality vinyls. If you are a bottom of the line- color change only outfit - then you have some competition. If you do printed wraps, with quality materials and quality installation - you should not be worried. :)

decalman

I could go for that hood wrap. $75 is a good deal. I don't have a wrap machine.
I don't think these wraps last very long anyway do they?

Especially from scumbag rappers

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, kinda what I'd want....... sounds like shelf liner paper would do a better job.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Then, you would've liked it when it showed Frank in a white t-shirt sewing a banner for his uncle who was the REAL brains of "American Banner" in his garage.

thephatchef

Fellers as a whole is going down in customer service, pricing, and every other way. This is straight from our franchise office posted a couple of hours ago:

"We wanted to address a post that was left in the FORUMS yesterday. There were some concerns raised regarding Frank Fellers opening a new business. We reached out to FELLERS and the following is their response to these concerns.

Over a year ago, Frank Fellers has stepped aside and is no longer an employee of FELLERS. He is still the owner but has absolutely no input into decisions and day to day operations of FELLERS. Frank is also the owner of Cheetahwrap and is promoting his company through SpeedDwrap. This is one location that does color change only, the facility is located in Tulsa OK with no plans to add additional locations. SpeedDwrap is a test facility for Cheetahwrap. The facility has no printing, laminating, or plotting capabilities and offers only Cheetahwrap color change vinyl (30 colors total). If a customer requests a color from a name brand or outside the Cheetah wrap color offering, they are referred to a local shop that does color change in the brand or color requested. The purpose of SpeedDwrap is to focus on the low-end market and boost demand for color change. SpeedDwrap is not a sign shop or printed wrap shop of any kind.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lisa Smoke. She’ll be happy to discuss with anyone that has individual questions or concerns. Lisa’s direct number is 480-254-3039 or by email lisa.smoke@fellers."

Billct2

So he has nothing to do with but still owns it....and his new business only wants to do cheap wraps with a vinyl he makes and only in one location.... yea that's that's the ticket

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Frank Fellers has stepped aside and is no longer an employee of FELLERS. He is still the owner but has absolutely no input into decisions and day to day operations of FELLERS.

That's what people say when someone has some personal issues interfering with their ability to make sound decisions. Must be something going on in his personal life.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We were also very unaware of the hatred towards Fellers and owner. We do not do wraps but we use Fellers for a variety of inkjet vinyls, window perf. material, and other products for our latex machines.

Does anyone have a good alternative distribution source for these types of medias?

We would be open to switching distributors if the prices and time to delivery were fairly comparable. We are out of Northern California, and the typical one day turnaround for materials from Fellers seems hard to beat.

We really liked our Northern California rep, but the last time I tried to contact her I received this message:
Regarding your request to add ULTRACLEAR30, I’m afraid I can’t help you with that. All outside sales reps received an e-mail last week reminding us that we are not allowed to:

· Place orders.
· Amend orders.
· Initiate returns/claim.
· Check Inventory.
· Check order status

The e-mail also reminded us that engaging in any of those tasks could result in immediate termination. Some of my counterparts had been doing those things… but are no longer to do those things.

Is this normal? A lot of these things seem like the very reason that you have a sales rep, so they can help. Checking inventory and order status seems like a no brainer...
I understand the need to keep separate roles, but this arrangement is kind of awkward. I negotiated a deal on a large order with my sales rep recently. It would have been real handy to email back and say "go for it", but I had to call in and tell the person who answered the phone what the price should be. Seemed kind of hoky. No quote or case number to reference.

Reveal1

I could go for that hood wrap. $75 is a good deal. I don't have a wrap machine.
I don't think these wraps last very long anyway do they?

Especially from scumbag rappers
Yeah, those scumbag rappers can't compare to good clean rappers like Kanye and won't last near as long.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
bfdlogoBAG.jpg

kcollinsdesign

Old member
$1000.00 for a color-change wrap? That's about what one would pay in my market. Where I live there is a car culture revolving around the Latin-American community, and both guys and gals take great pride in their speed and skill. I've seen two people knock out a complete color-change in under 4 hours (yes, they were hustling in a friendly, competitive way). Quality for $1k is good enough, but if you are willing to pay, some of these guys can do world-class work.

The sign shops are charging double that for a color-change, pushing them out of the market. But up until recently sign shops have cornered the printed wrap market. Now that is changing. The independent dedicated wrap shops can now get laminated printed cast vinyl (5' x 50') for $750.00, making it easy for them to sell me a full wrap installation for under $1500.00 (for example, price depends on size and complexity). I can add a $500.00 (for example) design fee, mark up the install with a 20% margin, and sell the final product for under $2500. The kids in the wrap shops love to see me coming, because in some ways installing a printed wrap is easier than a color-change (which usually needs to be flawless).

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
$1000.00 for a color-change wrap? That's about what one would pay in my market. Where I live there is a car culture revolving around the Latin-American community, and both guys and gals take great pride in their speed and skill. I've seen two people knock out a complete color-change in under 4 hours (yes, they were hustling in a friendly, competitive way). Quality for $1k is good enough, but if you are willing to pay, some of these guys can do world-class work.

The sign shops are charging double that for a color-change, pushing them out of the market. But up until recently sign shops have cornered the printed wrap market. Now that is changing. The independent dedicated wrap shops can now get laminated printed cast vinyl (5' x 50') for $750.00, making it easy for them to sell me a full wrap installation for under $1500.00 (for example, price depends on size and complexity). I can add a $500.00 (for example) design fee, mark up the install with a 20% margin, and sell the final product for under $2500. The kids in the wrap shops love to see me coming, because in some ways installing a printed wrap is easier than a color-change (which usually needs to be flawless).
With only 20%, what do you do when one of the crackhead installers you hire screws up a panel or damages the car. Worse, what happens when the dude gets locked up with your customers car stuck inside his shop?
This is bad business and bad advice.
With all of the better work out there, I don’t get why a sign shop would even be fooling with color changes or worried about anyone else that does.