• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frank Fellers, the Owner of Fellers Has started his own wrap shop doing wraps for $1,000

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
With only 20%, what do you do when one of the crackhead installers you hire screws up a panel or damages the car. Worse, what happens when the dude gets locked up with your customers car stuck inside his shop?
This is bad business and bad advice.
With all of the better work out there, I don’t get why a sign shop would even be fooling with color changes or worried about anyone else that does.

Yup, 20% ain't enough to assume all the responsibilities. 20% should be the finders fee the other company pays and your out of it after that.

HulkSmash

So I learned some things this morning. Frank Fellers no longer owns Fellers - and has virtually nothing to do with that business. The product he's using at Speeddwrap is ONLY the cheetah wrap in 30 colors. that's it. He's only using the bottom of the line material - not 3M or Avery or any of the higher end quality vinyls. If you are a bottom of the line- color change only outfit - then you have some competition. If you do printed wraps, with quality materials and quality installation - you should not be worried. :)

Sorry but you're Wrong. Frank does not deal with operations but is certainly still the owner of fellers, and cheetah wraps and SPEEDD. Don't be blind sheep. He's using FELLERS to fund his low balling garbage shop.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't see the big deal, its not exactly a proprietary business model and there is nothing stopping anyone else from doing the exact same thing he does or doing it better. Not for nothing, he has grown a couple of profitable business pretty well over the years, this will probably be no different. He'd be a bad business person if he sat back and did not make any attempt at innovating.
Nobody complains that Grimco mass produces traffic signs for less than most anyone else can make them for. You're kidding yourself if you think these wholesalers aren't retailing their stuff under a different name too.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
With only 20%, what do you do when one of the crackhead installers you hire screws up a panel or damages the car. Worse, what happens when the dude gets locked up with your customers car stuck inside his shop?
This is bad business and bad advice.
With all of the better work out there, I don’t get why a sign shop would even be fooling with color changes or worried about anyone else that does.
I agree. The people I use (occasionally) for vehicle wrap installation are vetted and insured. More typically we provide the wrap design as part of an overall branding strategy, then work with the client's wrap company to furnish prints and install the wrap.

ProPDF

I have to say this has to be one of the biggest crybaby post I have seen on S101 in a while. We don't mess with Fellers but If you plug-in two words into google you will find out exactly where Fellers is getting their materials from and how much they are buying to boot. Not only that you will see the extremely low MOQ required that is far below a container size that would get the crybabies in the game. No one is stopping any of you from doing this in other words and it is a free market after all. You have to err on the side of caution here for an extended period without knowing a companies strategy short and long to ask yourself about what are the alternatives that could be positive?? For example. What if this was some low key pilot idea to possibly open a wrap school to help teach users like you newbies who sell your signwarehouse print package on craigslist within 12 months of buying it "saying it just needs a print head and I need it out of my living room"...... or even vets how to wrap vehicles with up to date materials that Fellers then sells to you as a part of a discount program that isn't even released yet? Too many unknown variables in other words to start borderline slandering someone. With the margins so low to the point it could be a loss this does occur if a potential profit can be seen on the back end which can take time, but another businesses private strategy is none of your business. A simple example of lose up front for profit on the back end is when a sporting goods store runs coleman coolers at or below cost on a Sunday flyer. The store then parks the coolers the farthest away from the front door making you walk by other goods to get to this big sale item hoping to capture your dollars in alternatives. There are too many unknown variables for you garage gals and at home business bros to rightfully catch feels and damn someone's business cause your captain keyboard abilities found the state search llc function. Go find something else to do like learn how to create a proper color profile for starters cause "my reds look orange" seem to be a common problem.

Fellers is not the only supplier out there and they definitely are not the only supplier selling direct as mentioned. Everyone is free to walk down to your bank tell them how amazing your wrap skills are in conjunction with your big tax returns you were honest on and get you that business loan to buy a container yourself. If Fellers starts popping up satellite wrap shops with a clear and concise purpose to compete with you the end customer printer that would be a more appropriate time to voice your opinion with your capital. For right now though there is no reason to be upset with how someone uses their freely earned capital in the chase for success on a pop up shop in the middle of....where ever. Free markets always work themselves out and there is no reason to ever be angry about said freedom....you can only counter act competition by learning, doing good business, working hard the right way and most importantly treating all customers and competitors with respect including not prejudging.

C

ColoPrinthead

I have to say this has to be one of the biggest crybaby post I have seen on S101 in a while. We don't mess with Fellers but If you plug-in two words into google you will find out exactly where Fellers is getting their materials from and how much they are buying to boot. Not only that you will see the extremely low MOQ required that is far below a container size that would get the crybabies in the game. No one is stopping any of you from doing this in other words and it is a free market after all. You have to err on the side of caution here for an extended period without knowing a companies strategy short and long to ask yourself about what are the alternatives that could be positive?? For example. What if this was some low key pilot idea to possibly open a wrap school to help teach users like you newbies who sell your signwarehouse print package on craigslist within 12 months of buying it "saying it just needs a print head and I need it out of my living room"...... or even vets how to wrap vehicles with up to date materials that Fellers then sells to you as a part of a discount program that isn't even released yet? Too many unknown variables in other words to start borderline slandering someone. With the margins so low to the point it could be a loss this does occur if a potential profit can be seen on the back end which can take time, but another businesses private strategy is none of your business. A simple example of lose up front for profit on the back end is when a sporting goods store runs coleman coolers at or below cost on a Sunday flyer. The store then parks the coolers the farthest away from the front door making you walk by other goods to get to this big sale item hoping to capture your dollars in alternatives. There are too many unknown variables for you garage gals and at home business bros to rightfully catch feels and damn someone's business cause your captain keyboard abilities found the state search llc function. Go find something else to do like learn how to create a proper color profile for starters cause "my reds look orange" seem to be a common problem.

Fellers is not the only supplier out there and they definitely are not the only supplier selling direct as mentioned. Everyone is free to walk down to your bank tell them how amazing your wrap skills are in conjunction with your big tax returns you were honest on and get you that business loan to buy a container yourself. If Fellers starts popping up satellite wrap shops with a clear and concise purpose to compete with you the end customer printer that would be a more appropriate time to voice your opinion with your capital. For right now though there is no reason to be upset with how someone uses their freely earned capital in the chase for success on a pop up shop in the middle of....where ever. Free markets always work themselves out and there is no reason to ever be angry about said freedom....you can only counter act competition by learning, doing good business, working hard the right way and most importantly treating all customers and competitors with respect including not prejudging.
That was beautiful. I am crying. :clapping:

OADesign

"... you garage gals and at home business bros to rightfully catch feels and damn someone's business cause your captain keyboard abilities found the state search llc function. Go find something else to do like learn how to create a proper color profile for starters cause "my reds look orange" seem to be a common problem..."

"...you can only counter act competition by learning, doing good business, working hard the right way and most importantly treating all customers and competitors with respect including not prejudging..."

Thank you. Icing on top of a great retort.

Jayefkay531

Sorry but you're Wrong. Frank does not deal with operations but is certainly still the owner of fellers, and cheetah wraps and SPEEDD. Don't be blind sheep. He's using FELLERS to fund his low balling garbage shop.

As a national franchise, we had our corporate vendor relations reach out. Feller's official response was that Frank is not the owner or dealing with day to day operations anymore. My guess is that he'd be a board member or a consultant - something to that effect. He started cheetah wraps and Speedd is designed for a 2 year quick color change with bottom of the line prints. According to the official statement, they have "no plans to move outside of Tulsa" (obviously plans always change). They do zero printing and are aimed at the low-priced color change, not the high-end cars looking for a long-lasting change.

Either way, I've fallen out of love with Fellers. There's a warehouse only 25 minutes from me and I'm told if I don't have my order in by 3pm, I can't get it next day, even if I want to pick up.

ABA Visibility Products

Premium Subscriber
As a national franchise, we had our corporate vendor relations reach out. Feller's official response was that Frank is not the owner or dealing with day to day operations anymore. My guess is that he'd be a board member or a consultant - something to that effect. He started cheetah wraps and Speedd is designed for a 2 year quick color change with bottom of the line prints. According to the official statement, they have "no plans to move outside of Tulsa" (obviously plans always change). They do zero printing and are aimed at the low-priced color change, not the high-end cars looking for a long-lasting change.
Fellers as a whole is going down in customer service, pricing, and every other way. This is straight from our franchise office posted a couple of hours ago:

"We wanted to address a post that was left in the FORUMS yesterday. There were some concerns raised regarding Frank Fellers opening a new business. We reached out to FELLERS and the following is their response to these concerns.

Over a year ago, Frank Fellers has stepped aside and is no longer an employee of FELLERS. He is still the owner but has absolutely no input into decisions and day to day operations of FELLERS. Frank is also the owner of Cheetahwrap and is promoting his company through SpeedDwrap. This is one location that does color change only, the facility is located in Tulsa OK with no plans to add additional locations. SpeedDwrap is a test facility for Cheetahwrap. The facility has no printing, laminating, or plotting capabilities and offers only Cheetahwrap color change vinyl (30 colors total). If a customer requests a color from a name brand or outside the Cheetah wrap color offering, they are referred to a local shop that does color change in the brand or color requested. The purpose of SpeedDwrap is to focus on the low-end market and boost demand for color change. SpeedDwrap is not a sign shop or printed wrap shop of any kind.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lisa Smoke. She’ll be happy to discuss with anyone that has individual questions or concerns. Lisa’s direct number is 480-254-3039 or by email lisa.smoke@fellers."

Are you talking about this statement? As you can see Frank is still the owner.

brycesteiner

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 4.54.17 PM.jpg

https://www.fellers.com/about

Perhaps Frank doesn't know he doesn't own it?

ikarasu

To the people that said you don't have a problem or see what's wrong with this -

How would you feel if one of the wholesale only production shops opened up to anyone? Or setup a subsidiary business that only sold to end users, using their buying power of their main business to be able to undercut you?

We don't have fellers in Canada. But if one of our suppliers became one of our potential competitors... We'd likely start buying supplies elsewhere. I never liked that fellers sold to end users under cheetah wraps - now this? I'm glad they're not in Canada! Even if you're on the other side of the country from them and not worried because they're not your direct competition...I'd still stay away out of principal.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Same ones crying all the time about the "race to the bottom" don't care about this because it's not in your backyard. That is great and all.... but I wonder how the wrap companies feel in Tulsa?

ams

You all knew this was coming, ever since he branched off the first wrap supply from his main business. I don't do wraps, so it doesn't bother me. But he used us to buy stuff from him so he could afford to squeeze into the market place as a direct seller. Now he doesn't care if he loses customers because he is doing it all himself and trying to start a wrap empire. I predict Fellers will shut down after the next 3 - 5 years.