• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frank Fellers, the Owner of Fellers Has started his own wrap shop doing wraps for $1,000

Andy D

but I also agree with Andy. .
Thanks Boudica.
I will take it a step further, and really be the odd-man-out..
I think it's a great idea (maybe). I don't know about ya'll but I'm tired of techs and sales people who just parrot information.
Maybe Frank's main reason for the shop is to test the stuff he sells in a "real life" environment?!?!
With my printing equipment, I don't like talking to techs, I come here to ask people who actually run the equipment.
If a printer manufacturer had real graphic shops, and had their techs work there a couple months before sending them out, they
would be much better techs.

Andy D

But I agree Frank sucks, because he skirts the professionals and sells vinyl directly to the public, that's a problem!

Johnny Best

Hey Andy, you need to take those tights off you wear to the gym, its cutting the blood flow to your brain.
"real graphic shop", yea right!

HulkSmash

Thanks Boudica.
I will take it a step further, and really be the odd-man-out..
I think it's a great idea (maybe). I don't know about ya'll but I'm tired of techs and sales people who just parrot information.
Maybe Frank's main reason for the shop is to test the stuff he sells in a "real life" environment?!?!
With my printing equipment, I don't like talking to techs, I come here to ask people who actually run the equipment.
If a printer manufacturer had real graphic shops, and had their techs work there a couple months before sending them out, they
would be much better techs.

so you're "that guy"

got it.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
It's kind of like a car detailing shop. I suppose if they turn around enough cars this could be profitable or at least lead to more profitable work.

It's a good idea however, I would advertise changing the color in a day but charge quite a bit more, use cast vinyl to speed up the process and give a longer lasting good product. Actually do a good job without bubbles, wrinkles and crappy cuts. Have seams, overlaps inlays/overlays but hide them well. Definitely not wrap into the door jams or remove hardware. Oh, and train/certify my installers. I'm sure you could do all of this at somewhat of a budget and not undercut other shops.

It would be hard to guarantee hiding all original paint in every area. Some colors are just impossible to hide without putting in the extra time.

I really don't see an issue, so he has a wrap shop in the same town as his vinyl distributorship... so?

Sure, he has one location in one town, for now. Just look at all these convenient locations he already has warehouses in...

Attachments

• Fellers.jpg
    Fellers.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 423

Joel golden

If frank wants to throw money away, let him. I actually liked the sayin black cheetah wrap I did my car in, it was a fun product to install. It’s not 1080 but it’s not far off. Full size car for $395 in materials. So Even if his real cost is $100 a roll...$900 for labor, overhead, warranty... nope! That clientele is strictly gold 2002 Malibus and 1993 civics

Reveal1

Was blissfully unaware of the lack of 'love' for Fellers on this site. I get great service from Fellers and don't really care one way or the other how many divorces Frank has had. Work with a great rep and like the product lineup.

But honestly, if FF wants to Earl Scheib the colorchange market I don't really care 'cause I see that as a business to consumer market anyway and that's not our thing and the low end focus means I don't have to waste time with the yahoos that want to cover the rust on their old Kia. Kind of like a master mechanic being mad at the brake and muffler shop for cheapening his business. Shoot, my mechanic who's also a friend and one of the smartest people I know is so good (and expensive) its like trying to get an appointment with a doctor and costs almost as much. But I gladly pay it and he's probably okay if I take my brake job elsewhere anyway.

FASTSIGNS

My first thought is that it sounds like a franchise concept. I’m thinking FF is testing out it out and refining. cause we all know there is no big bucks in a single store sign business... but there are big bucks in being a franchiser!

rjssigns

Going to wait and see what shakes out. I don't pay much attention to what Frank or anyone else does. I focus on my clients and doing the best possible job for them.

bannertime

Congrats! News broke on WrapPolice's Instagram this morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200220-095000.png
    Screenshot_20200220-095000.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 509

DPICopy

We were also very unaware of the hatred towards Fellers and owner. We do not do wraps but we use Fellers for a variety of inkjet vinyls, window perf. material, and other products for our latex machines.

Does anyone have a good alternative distribution source for these types of medias?

We would be open to switching distributors if the prices and time to delivery were fairly comparable. We are out of Northern California, and the typical one day turnaround for materials from Fellers seems hard to beat.

We really liked our Northern California rep, but the last time I tried to contact her I received this message:
Regarding your request to add ULTRACLEAR30, I’m afraid I can’t help you with that. All outside sales reps received an e-mail last week reminding us that we are not allowed to:

· Place orders.
· Amend orders.
· Initiate returns/claim.
· Check Inventory.
· Check order status

The e-mail also reminded us that engaging in any of those tasks could result in immediate termination. Some of my counterparts had been doing those things… but are no longer to do those things.

Is this normal? A lot of these things seem like the very reason that you have a sales rep, so they can help. Checking inventory and order status seems like a no brainer...

Last edited: