• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Free Avery Vinyl

Steve G.

I respect that. A couple of avery reps stopped by a couple minutes ago, and after a long extensive talk. They know they did wrong, and are trying to make it up every way they can right now. They swear in every direction their new stuff is the prophecy. Guess we'll find out.

We'll, My Avery story is much like MANY shops and I personally know of other shops that faired much, much worse, but:

I had to Replace vinyl on 18 vehicles, some large, some small... and various signs. I followed all of my instructions for filing claims through my supplier exactly, which took many hours of time... and waited patiently.
I was duely compensated about $1,400, for my efforts, and their failure.
The Kicker is that it went on for months, then years , Literally .. first by them denying it, then making up for it in very small percentages.

When the Avery reps show up at our establishments with a few thousand dollars, they'll start to get a little respect and not laughed at for the statement "trying to make it up every way they can".

You go ahead and use Avery.... have at it, but please do not be surprised by disrespect shown to the Avery brand... they get what they deserve, it was a very painful sting for many folk.

i wasn't doing digital prints or using avery when all that happened. i have used the mpi ez material several times now, and have just bought another roll and matching lam just last week. seems to be ok(so far)!

brush1

I was Avery "victim"......
They paid me back some money....around $12 for labor (design, cut, installation) and credited for vinyl. They didn't honor my invoice for customer and don't return all the money. Ameriban help was amaizing in this time.
Since..... no Avery for me at all.
I prefer to "sleep well" and make customers happy.

I respect that. A couple of avery reps stopped by a couple minutes ago, and after a long extensive talk. They know they did wrong, and are trying to make it up every way they can right now. They swear in every direction their new stuff is the prophecy. Guess we'll find out.

If they are trying to make up for it, they can start by paying ma all the labor time I lost having to replace their product, that they wouldn't stand behind. Untill then, they can talk all they want about their new great product.

Remember, reps are just sales people. How do you know when a sales person is lying........his lips are moving.

HulkSmash

If they are trying to make up for it, they can start by paying ma all the labor time I lost having to replace their product, that they wouldn't stand behind. Untill then, they can talk all they want about their new great product.

Remember, reps are just sales people. How do you know when a sales person is lying........his lips are moving.

actually 1 rep, and 2 techs from avery.

Techman

I once had a roll of vinyl that shrank at least 3/8 of an inch on both ends of the roll. Yes that is right. I kept it a long time to show every one how bad it was. I tried to get some relief but they denied it was Avery fault. Never got a cent. Said it was my storage techniques. I even posted about it and few had seen the problem yet. HAH! Why was it that all the other vinyl in the same storage area had no shrinkage? Anyway it was later when the it finally got out about their fibs.

Store this where the sun don't shine.
8====>

BadAss

Well, We used 3M for years now (180 & 380) and now won't use anything but Avery 1005EZ RS. It is just amazing as far as we are concerned. But those who got stung by them a few years ago, I certainly understand there point. But until and if it happens to us, we will enjoy the ease of installing it and the prints on both our Mutoh and HP look amazing. M*

shakey0818

This was replaced last week. This was up for 2 years, then all of a sudden...."POOF". The black outline (backer) was oracal. The week before last was yet another Avery failure of their white reflective.

I'm done with their product.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Omg thats horrible.The first sign i made i still up and not pealing.It is fading allot,I'm sure if it was washed and maybe waxed it would look nice.It has been outside in this NE weather for over 15 years.Then again i used 3M high performance.!5 years later and they customer is still happy and has never charged me a dime to hem my pants or fix a zipper.

Premier Wraps

My Avery experience is awesome. Their Supercast line is amazing. Zero failures since the switch. Print quality is amazing. To each their own I guess.

iSign

coincidence?

666.JPG

I think not!
(number of views... granted this was an hour ago...)