• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hall of Fame threads

Tim Aucoin

here's a classic n00b bashing thread..

and a VERY famous banning thread

(both with some classic Flame-as-n00bie posts ...sorry bro, the nature of the net lives on)

Okay, just read the "banning thread"... very good entertainment (and a way to kill an hour)... but more importantly... Gino was just a newbie himself then!! You were so cute back then Gino.. what happened?!! :ROFLMAO:

I think all Hall of Fame threads should be locked...

I agree with Stacy!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The first Hall of Fame thread has been posted. You will only see it if you have a premium subscription.

I have created two premium forums. One has a PG rating and the other one an R rating. I may not have time to read every post in every thread, so any member who feels a thread should have it's rating changed, please PM me about it.

:signs101:

iSign

anyone remember this:
Come on lurkers...

Step right up... ISAG can't be the only "defender of the downtrodden" around here... now that he's been downtrodden to the bottom of a big S101 MOB pile on...

Who will step up and validate his claim that somebody here... anybody here... is getting some of his points?

Come on people, he looks waaay out on a limb here... will no one step forward and take his side? ..I'm almost sorry that I can't, but I too think he is digging a deeper hole & losing a conflict of some sort...

...but perhaps he is right & the seemingly unanimous opposition he faces is really because we are all just a "mob", who oppose his lack of a point solely because someone before us opposed it... and that somehow the jury is still out, and instead of unanimous opposition, there really are a few lurkers on his side...

..so if you lurkers out there exist as ISAG supporters... rise to the occasion when you are needed
-
-
-
-
-

I was hoping I could find it, but it was more difficult when the victim had his account pulled... but I found it!!!

ISAG's second crash-&-burn, shrivel-n-die plummet from grace!

(can anyone find the first?)

mikey-Oh

when the victim had his account pulled...

Is that how a "member" becomes a "guest" ?

Some of these are great... though, it's kinda sad to see so how many contributors return to lurking or just abandon the forum. Seems there's quite a bit of knowledge/wisdom imparted on occasion...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is that how a "member" becomes a "guest" ?

Some of these are great... though, it's kinda sad to see so how many contributors return to lurking or just abandon the forum. Seems there's quite a bit of knowledge/wisdom imparted on occasion...

Yes when a member asks to have his record deleted, any posts are then shown as Guest.

iSign

Bingo!!!! I did a search for "Fireman" and knew it bring up something since he always seemed to defer to his prior training in the emergency services every time a fight broke out.

HA!! ...I found mine searching for "drummer", under my name... because it is a rare day that I bother having anything to say about me being a drummer...but mike used to mention it all the time... and get me wrapped up discussing that with him...

Fred, i have a grievance..
(ok, not really... more like a question)

I think the fact that we are free to make fools of ourselves has always been recognized as a double edge sword... because when we make a choice to misbehave here, in an over the top manner... we are often free to do so.. but if & when we come to our senses... the deviance or drama left in our wake, and bearing our name... that has often become site property, and folks crying to have their threads deletedare not always accommodated...

so, why is it that if a guest still has hundreds or thousands of posts scattered about, we can't have access to search for their contributions by their name?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, i have a grievance..
(ok, not really... more like a question)

I think the fact that we are free to make fools of ourselves has always been recognized as a double edge sword... because when we make a choice to misbehave here, in an over the top manner... we are often free to do so.. but if & when we come to our senses... the deviance or drama left in our wake, and bearing our name... that has often become site property, and folks crying to have their threads deleted are not always accommodated...

so, why is it that if a guest still has hundreds or thousands of posts scattered about, we can't have access to search for their contributions by their name?

Because the software gives me no choice. My feelings are that all posts here fall under the copyright we claim on them. But a members records do not. And when the record is deleted, the software substitutes Guest without giving me any option to the contrary.

iSign

ahhh... the famed "worm ate my homework" quote, in the thread that made "Adholio" a household name:

I don't know who or what was logged in as me. I do know that I was getting my ICD read at the time the post in question was posted. Sorry to say but, would have been impossible for me to have typed it as I was wired up like a christmas tree at the time. I know for a fact what time it was because I had an arrhythmia at the time and had my ICD shock my heart to bring me out of it. Which when you can't breathe and your heart feels like its going to explode out of your chest kinda sticks with you.

cdiesel

Ho.ly.crap. Its 1:30am and I'm stuck in bed on my phone reading 1/16" tall letters and waking my girlfriend up from laughing so hard. Awesome idea Pat!

iSign

and who can forget the day Capital Signs got the nicname "Cappy"and in that same thread, got outted for posting Seattle's Pike Place Market neon extravaganza sign on his little car sticker shop website...

cdiesel

Sf&d should have a few good ones too. Is that what his name was? The dude that was a little off from Maine I think?

iSign

Sf&d should have a few good ones too. Is that what his name was? The dude that was a little off from Maine I think?

yep... here was the double banning day (or the "banned wagon" as slapakiss called it) that ended "sign & frame's" short history of tarnishing the mood here, more severely than any other IMO

cdiesel

Man Doug, you have a photographic memory.

What was cappys avatar that got everyone riled up?

And Stacy got banned!?! How the hell did i miss that?

All this reminiscing has got me wondering "where are they now?". I just googled capital wraps, and the only thing that comes up is Keonis place in Raleigh..

Bigdawg

Just Me
Man Doug, you have a photographic memory.

What was cappys avatar that got everyone riled up?

And Stacy got banned!?! How the hell did i miss that?

All this reminiscing has got me wondering "where are they now?". I just googled capital wraps, and the only thing that comes up is Keonis place in Raleigh..

Yes i got banned - I was the example when Fred clamped down on copyrighted art.... I downloaded a vector ram someone posted and Fred banned us both. After much groveling (actually a heartfelt and totally meant apology) he just gave me a week ban instead of permanent...

see - we've all screwed up somewhere along the way!