• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hand drawn & lettered

Craig Sjoquist

Heres a group of windows that I hand drew then lettered for a antique store this the new store in upper middle class area with lots of small shops
This job took about 8 hours in 2 days 3 day came back to clean windows.

Attachments

• 4-9-10 042.jpg
    4-9-10 042.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 4-9-10 043.jpg
    4-9-10 043.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 4-9-10 044.jpg
    4-9-10 044.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 4-9-10 045.jpg
    4-9-10 045.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 4-9-10 046.jpg
    4-9-10 046.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 99

signgal

Wow! I love these... simple and elegant! I believe I recognize the area. Now, I can brag that my friend, Craig hand lettered those windows :D

Dave Drane

Craig it is great to say I have met a man of the brush in person. You are truly an artist of the finest kind and I am happy to say I know you now.

Craig Sjoquist

Wow thanks for such kind words ... thank you

the font I later learn was...Vivaldi ... I only saw on paper the copy

they did not vinyl cause this being antique store plus they like the elegant look of hand brush work I guess ...thank you again

Freehandan

Why Vinyl??!! That is the real deal! Looks Tits!. It will last longer than vinyl as well. Those are some of my favorite jobs...You walk in..You talk...They say yeah, How much?......I go to the truck (or my bicycle with my paintbox strapped to it..).....and I Am painting within 15minutes!!! ( How long does it take to come up with a proof on that there computer???DUH!)
Again I say!!! WHY VINYL????!!
And what if the customer did not have enough for that D.S.??? Gonna let em fail in business because they don't have enough money to look as good as they could??!!
......Vinyl Reepers!!!!! Reeping less in 2011!!

P.S...The fact that craig is not fat allows him to reach these artfull feats. As an artist of his caliber, he knows that your body is to honor the artfull purpose and tasks his soul and the world needs. Thus.. the invention of the whole automated industry with signs as well as other things, set the fat-man apart from the non-lazy and trully alive perveyors of art. An over wight person cannot stand that long and will weigh the difference of why he thinks computer generated signs are better to the customer. So they can get the job themselves without having to put much effort, rendering them LAZY and worldly unhealthy as they slander the painted letter.
This is a basic analogy on how to fuel our taking back of the world as artists in the times ahead. If you get what I am saying, then you will get a better future in lieu of all the fakes who have been at the helm, In ALL of Life!

Attachments

• superdog1.jpg
    superdog1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 117

Billct2

Very nice clean work Craig! Great craftsmanship.
I think "Why paint" is a legit question though....I'm sure that in person the handlettered quality is more evident than in the photos. But from the pictures it could be said, Why not vinyl? The font is nice, but doesn't suggest handlettering...it's a common style that would look the same in vinyl. And despite what Freehandan says, paint does not last longer than vinyl, especially colors like red. So I would do it by hand if the customer was willing to pay the premium price, but would have no qualms about doing it in vinyl.