• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hand drawn & lettered

Dave Drane

Funny how many people get attached and offensive for the computer!!! HAHAHAHA!!
I still think that Hand lettering is the best and ultimate. So much so that some folks refer to me as Christ! Thanks!!:ROFLMAO:

Reminiscence of Charles Manson here. A real wierd one!:covereyes:

S'N'S

Dave he can't be christ, I thought I was...when i was a kid, I thought my name was christ, every time I did something wrong or broke something, the old man would always say in a loud voice....jesus christ. :Big Laugh

Bigdawg

Just Me
Freebasingdan Huh? How ORIGINAL......CHoPPER. Your a piece of garbage for saying that, You know that. Dumb repetative skull as well. Again, How Original. I could be a baby and flag ya, But hopefully the Monitor has enough sense to look into this thread more if there is a problem with me defending myself to your.....Poop.
Why don't you sell me them brushes you don't use, are they any good?

I'll be Hall Monitor today...

Freehandan.. you came in and slammed a whole section of our members for no reason. Big time. You got the response I would have expected - actually they've been nicer than I expected... but that was kinda like walking in Fred's house and telling us all how much it sucks... but you'll go ahead and put your feet up on the coffee table anyway...

Most members here have a healthy respect for those that can hand paint. No one - NO ONE - slammed Craig in any way for his work no matter what the chip on your shoulder told you. You were wrong.

We've had many a handpainted vs vinyl discussions here and the difference I see in this one is you. You came in, got nasty, perceived slams where there were none and then got upset because people weren't nice. If you knew me - and you don't - you'd know I'm one of the leading advocates of being nice to newcomers here. Not scared in the least to tell an old-time member to knock it off if they are harassing someone new. Pissed a lot of people off doing it too.

That's not the case here. You pretty much asked for everything you've gotten. I seriously considered banning (yes - it's that bad), but thought as a hand letterer and brush man you might be able to contribute in a positive way to our forum.

Please don't make me wrong.

Mal

Two men say they're Jesus....One of them must be wrong.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Always loved that Dire Straits line

signmeup

Funny how many people get attached and offensive for the computer!!! HAHAHAHA!!
I still think that Hand lettering is the best and ultimate. So much so that some folks refer to me as Christ! Thanks!!:ROFLMAO:
BTW.... Hand carved and gilded is the best an ultimate. :cool:

SignosaurusRex

WOW! Freehandan.........You really are an amazing piece of work. I'm sure you already know that, but you just don't know how..........

Craig Sjoquist

Again I want to thank you for all you kind words, yes this job has sold more work really the most of all jobs, amazes me and thankful for it.

As far as why vinyl it is a antique / vintage store mostly stuff for decor or home use from dishes to mirrors alot of girlie stuff I guess to me anyway, but the that lady owns the store firmly requested I do it by hand for 1.. I've lettered 2 names on her doors before so she knew of my ability's.
..If you go to a custom auto or bike show and see a great looking custom paint job from a distance and you want to see it closer when you get closer and it's digital lets say well least I go .oh thats a nice design and job.. but if done by a skilled craftsman I'll stare at it and want to enjoy look and feel of it more, DWT said it best I guess thank you by the way.

Freehand oh I too have a distaste for vinyl and mainly cause they bashed paint for many years, and now still see how vinyl and digital printed is not really holding up that well , in Florida the very hot and sunny here destroys everything faster.

But on the same token It does make money and really has opened up the sign industry wide, even more so these days with even better everything and more of it in ways that were un-thought of when it all started and now beginning to come forward for solutions to all kinds of new money making ways and means, and even more so in the future.

One thing about this great forum signs 101 that I really like is FREEDOM OF SPEECH good or bad your still welcome to say what you like, that's America at it's best, knows that's also the best thing about this forum and why it's so popular. Thank you Fred and others that keep it going so well.

I do hope as time goes on that weather it's myself, freehand, or anyone that we are all just here to help and learn so that we all can grow as humans and sign professionals.

Thank you again for this great forum it has truly inspired me today as always, to keep on doing what I know best, for betterment of the community I live in and the people around me.

chopper

Freebasingdan Huh? How ORIGINAL......CHoPPER. Your a piece of garbage for saying that, You know that. Dumb repetative skull as well. Again, How Original. I could be a baby and flag ya, But hopefully the Monitor has enough sense to look into this thread more if there is a problem with me defending myself to your.....Poop.
Why don't you sell me them brushes you don't use, are they any good?
wow, you are one of those who can dish it out but cannot take it, thin skinned I guess, I guess my avatar is dumb but much better than just 'FREEHANDDAN" maybe you should change it "Christ" ...I guess I am sapose to take offence to the statement "that a baby could flag ya" and what the hell does this mean anyway??:help
and I guess the monitor has seen how you are
and it wont be long till you are gone....:clapping:
the only reason I used freebasindan is because your are acting like you are high on something, incoherent statements etc...and you disdain for outhers work just becouse it was done in a different media than you like if you would go back and read through the thread you will see one common element or poor taste and that is you, I really don't know what you are trying to prove and really do not care :thumb:
God I love my dumb avatar...
//chopper

Freehandan

Well, Regardless of anything, There are a few posts from others that are slandering my character and ganging up on me. It is obviously cyber-bullying. It is not very nice to be called an idiot, a freebaser, someone who sniffs paint..and so on.
I am contributing in the hand-made signs forum. I do not understand how people on there can get away with continually inserting comments that are anti-hand made sign subject matter. It seems that there is a double standard going on here. For every comment I've made, I was only contrasting a benefit and point someone else was trying to make on or off of the subject of, but in the hand made signs forum. If I was in a different forum for..NON hand made signs, behaving the way I do, then I would clearly deserve to be addressed. IN the hand made signs category, I should be able to promote them as much as I want. Or at least to the degree that others comment in contrast. It is my job to convince everyone that Painting signs is still alive and viable in todays market, While others continue to demote and try to snuff that trade so they can monopolize the work. This is a facet of ignorance that the computer yeilding "professionals" on this sight are evidently practicing. I am in the real world sir. Walking into businesses as a door to door salesman for my trade. There are plenty of obstacles out there that are created by the cut-throat competition of those pro-tech people.
Again- I did not start the fire, But I sure don't appreciate what it has done to the market and expectations of consumers that is based on that slander of handmade signs. I live it every day. There should be a more defined set of guidelines for contributing on the Hand Made Signs Forum.
And I have tattooed stupid skulls like that on all ages of people even drunks. And I have known about fifteen different choppers. So, if this was the 80's I would have some respect but in the line of nostalgia...Nice homage to the adolescence of man. I was referred to christ in another thread in the same forum.
And if folks were more outspoken about the ways of the world, we would have a better one. Something manual artists have the time to do is consider the world around them while they are being exposed to it.
But there will always be that person to say...Vinyl or print would be better and better and better........And a few more that are riding on credit to agree with them.

iSign

frhandan, you are in a forum.. it is near anarchy here.. the name of the forum, is like the name of a bar... the overall theme (or topic of discussion) may be set at the onset, to jive with the name somehow... but after that, it's like a bar... all bets are off as to how the topic steers, or evolves... and wishing it were different won't make it so.. furthermore, you are among a community where the vast majority you have joined in discussions with are here every day for years.. it you feel you don't fit in, it's because you don't... telling everyone the forum needs to be run different & run better is a sign of a fool. Fit in or don't. you are free to be a fool here.

Freehandan

The problem Is is that I do Fit in. Enough to take and do the majority of the computer jobs by hand, like it used to be. And when someone needs to be reminded of that, because they are wrongfully informing the public and also other folks interested in the possibility of doing their signs in paint, I have no choice but to contrast their opinion. Computers have dictated the art market (Influenced initially by hand done art) for too many years so much that many are poor quality and a better alternative can be found in hand done art. I feel that they are upset because they see changes in the market that will raise demand for what I do. That scares them like they won't be able to get as many of the jobs as frequently. That is why they are one here too. So they can see the latest cutting edge tech that they will have to fix so they can sell the hype through eachother. That is why I get so many responses to my one.:)
That sure is a healthy amount of posts you got there. I think it is safe to assume which side of the standard you are on.
I appreciate you informing me that It is OK for folks to be fools on here, Sir.
What is your avatar a pic of...SIGNAGE?
I used to have the word 'signage' on my card, quite a few Haitians thought I was: "Mr. Signage"! -I guess if you say it a certain way, it sounds French-

Craig Sjoquist

What I like about this job is I put part of it on my website, and it's been selling window advertising for me, a friend mine suggested that I use Hotfrog and use window lettering in Orlando or hand lettering in Orlando for a business name, and since I've been getting more work off just people searching on the net for such, many have said they like this job and called me.
So that's the marketing tip That I've learned off this job, maybe it will do other's some good.

iSign

Nice work by the way Craig! Sorry the topic has been getting lost in the lunacy of this loser new guy...

Freehandan

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

I mean for the guy who started this post. The last comment by him is the pie slice for me.

chopper

And I have tattooed stupid skulls like that on all ages of people even drunks. And I have known about fifteen different choppers. So, if this was the 80's I would have some respect but in the line of nostalgia...Nice homage to the adolescence of man. I was referred to christ in another thread in the same forum.
freebasindan,
you slam me for no reason and expect me to be kind to you? you belittle my avatar like this is going to really get me,it is just an avatar nothing more, it has no significant meaning about me or my past, the same goes for my name you go after my name like it is my real name? as far as the respect goes form you it doesn't mean anything... you judge me with preconceived notions of who you think I am... man you are one shallow goof...and you referred to yourself a Christ in the tread I read ...

The problem Is is that I do Fit in.
the problem here is Isign was telling you that you do not fit in here at signs 101 but you are in such a rage to defend yourself or you are to dense to get it...or just maybe you are spewing comments with out really reading the complete thread what a surprise.
your kind come and go the problem here is you cannot embrace the technology, you in fact fear it so all you can do is be disparaging towards others who make signs differently than you...but to no avail that train has left the station and you are still in the corner with your crack pipe watching the world go by wondering what all the pretty colors are, well I will tell you those pretty colors are... digital prints..

I mean for the guy who started this post. The last comment by him is the pie slice for me.
freebase his name is Craig, Craig I to apologize for running amuck your thread, nice job on the windows..
//chopper