Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you dress at work? Uniforms?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Texas_Signmaker, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    How do you dress at work? Do you have uniforms? If so what do they look like?

I usually have a regular t-shirt w/ my logo on it and work pants but sometimes I think a regular Gildan 5000 is kind of sloppy. In the winter I just wear Carhartt everything. Just curious what styles other sign folk have been sporting.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I wanna see Rick's uniform.........

3. Hero Signs

Hero Signs If they let me make it, they will come

Sep 19, 2011
    rosenberg,tx
    Got to have a uniform, no tee shirts. Look good design good, keep a relatively clean bucket truck and get work.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    We have dress up Friday - employees are encouraged to wear shoes but shirts are still optional.

• Like Like x 5
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  5. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Polo's are nice and all, but at the end of the day I look lie a wreck. Too hot for those

• Like Like x 1
  6. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    summer uniform

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 2
  7. AKwrapguy

AKwrapguy Active Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Anchorage, AK
    Dark work pants (Duluth flex), Thermal top layer and a t-shirt on top

8. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I always wear a nice polo work shirt with my logo and company name on it, tucked in with either dress pants or cargo shorts. When I go into a bank, corporate office, airport, etc I like to look professional and people are more likely to trust you and not follow you around watching your every move. I've seen many sign guys with a punk rock band tshirt, jeans with rips and unmarked vehicles. That just screams red flag in my opinion. If I am doing a sign all day with no customer interaction, I'll wear a tshirt and shorts and dress comfortable, but other than that, always professional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I wear black shorts with white socks and black sneakers. Also keep my legs covered with sun screen so they stay white. Just a white dress shirt in summer and then a black dress suit jacket when it gets chilly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    I work naked, butt I'm on the computer most days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

A shirt, usually with paint on it and shorts, usually with paint on them... if i have to meet with somebody, a shirt with less paint on it and shorts with less paint on them.

• Like Like x 7
  12. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Denim buttom up and collar, some nice black button collar, polos, jeans, boots. All with logo.

13. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Polo shirt with my logo front pocket and back, clean dark jeans and work boots are my day-to-day if I'm out installing or meeting customers. Winter will see a decent quality sweatshirt with logo front and back. If I'm not out meeting or installing, anything goes, especially in this weather.

14. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    NY
    We order everyone 5-10 tshirts with pockets, logo front and back every year plus a couple of sweaters w/o hoods. I have a few polos and a couple of nice pull over sweaters that are embroidered when needed.

15. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Mainly t-shirts here with logo, but I'll use the occasional polo shirt (usually at trade shows).

Depending on the type of fabric of the garment will determine how the logo is done though (if it's just "line work" or total embroidery, or applique etc).

16. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Varies. I'm primarily the designer so not much outside work. Clean various color polos (different color for each day) w/co logo on left breast area, jeans w/shirt tucked and a wide leather belt for holding tools if need be. All production employees must wear closed toe shoes! I wear an all leather Thom Mcan kind of shoe. The ladies on the front end i.e. sales, wear conservative business attire and may wear sandals. Installers/fabricators usually wear shorts and T but again no open toe shoes.

17. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    sign shop uniform.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    You are a character.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

some times i wear flip flops, welding in flip flops is adventurous.

20. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    We just ended a stretch of 34 days over 100 out of the last 60 days. You'd last a day or two here in that outfit, but would look great at the Alice In Chains concert I'm going to tonight. ;););)LOL

• Like Like x 1