• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you dress at work? Uniforms?

tattoo.dan

Today's attire [HASHTAG]#representing[/HASHTAG]

Attachments

• IMG_1413.jpg
    IMG_1413.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 234

ikarasu

I'm in cargo shorts / pants depending on the heat, and a regular T-shirt. If you're going to a business meeting it's different... out on an install, casual is fine. We wear steel toes to clients that require it - hard hats, safety vests, safety goggles... etc. Most of our installs it's just sneakers, T-shirt, and shorts.

We work in Hospitals, schools, government buildings, churches... you name it. Not one complaint about installer attire... I'm sure having our company logo on a uniform would look more professional, but in my experience the customer cares more about the end result rather than the way you look, so long as you don't look offensive.

bannertime

As opposed to one wearing a bedazzled Adidas shirt?

I'm opposed to sweaty pit dress shirts and bedazzled shirts. I think a collared polo or even button up short sleeve shirt should be plenty professional for any service industry. But I hate the whole dress up game, so that's just my opinion.

AKwrapguy

So living in Alaska, where I live (this morning it was 45 degrees) it never really gets that hot and never that long. I'm thinking something like this for year round would work out well. In the summer to cut down on the several weeks of straight of 24 hours of day light and than it would also help in the winter when it's -20 below zero.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So living in Alaska, where I live (this morning it was 45 degrees) it never really gets that hot and never that long. I'm thinking something like this for year round would work out well. In the summer to cut down on the several weeks of straight of 24 hours of day light and than it would also help in the winter when it's -20 below zero.

Black Spider Man

equippaint

The local 7-11 cashier will love it when you walk in

AKwrapguy

Black Spider Man

Sooooo, in the 1980's Secret Wars story line where many of the Marvel heroes and villains were transported to 'Battleworld' created by a cosmic entity known as The Beyonder. Durring one of these battles Spider-Man's costume was damaged. After being told there was alien machine in an laboratory that could fix it by other hero. Not knowing which machine it was, our friendly neighborhood wall crawler went to a machine he assumed was the right one. Instead of fixing his costume he was given a different black costume with a white spider one which ended up being an alien symbiot. Eventually Spider-Man and the alien parted ways on unfriendly terms. The symbiot needing a host lashed onto a character and rival of Peter Parker named Eddie Brock. Eddie and the symbiot mutual hatred of spider-Man became the villain/anti-hero named Venom.

Comic nerd......

Attachments

• AMAZING_SPIDER-MAN_252_1963_1024x1024.jpg
    AMAZING_SPIDER-MAN_252_1963_1024x1024.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 205

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Sooooo, in the 1980's Secret Wars story line where many of the Marvel heroes and villains were transported to 'Battleworld' created by a cosmic entity known as The Beyonder. Durring one of these battles Spider-Man's costume was damaged. After being told there was alien machine in an laboratory that could fix it by other hero. Not knowing which machine it was, our friendly neighborhood wall crawler went to a machine he assumed was the right one. Instead of fixing his costume he was given a different black costume with a white spider one which ended up being an alien symbiot. Eventually Spider-Man and the alien parted ways on unfriendly terms. The symbiot needing a host lashed onto a character and rival of Peter Parker named Eddie Brock. Eddie and the symbiot mutual hatred of spider-Man became the villain/anti-hero named Venom.

Comic nerd......

No offence, but I zoned out before finishing the first sentence. I have no idea what's going on.

fresh

I'm surprised so many wear shorts. Pretty much any jobsite or shop we work at requires pants and steel toe boots at a minimum.

it depends on the type of work you do. if we're digging holes, then yes, of course, wear protective gear. But for a window lettering that doesn't even require a ladder? In 100 degree heat? i'm flexible.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
it depends on the type of work you do. if we're digging holes, then yes, of course, wear protective gear. But for a window lettering that doesn't even require a ladder? In 100 degree heat? i'm flexible.

So, picture it. :doh:

You're measuring the windows being lettered and putting your guide lines on. You go to wherever you have the vinyl, and stick it on the window. Something is a little snug and you take your xacto knife and trim it but it drops outta you hand striking your leg, making a small gash and then continues falling and embeds itself into the top of your foot. You let out a little squeal and place the knife on the table from which you're working. Due to your pain, you place the knife up there and some Mother with her little kid walks by, sees you in pain and while asking if you need help, the kid knocks the knife off the table, (where you didn't put it back safely, due to your negligence) and it now falls on him. Wherever doesn't matter at this point, but how do you explain that to your insurance company, when they ask you some specific questions on how you conduct your business ??

I don't think our comfort is really a necessity when it comes to doing things correctly.

Do you think our soldiers over in the desert carrying an average of 85lbs of gear say, ya know it's hot out today..... I'm just gonna wear my flip-flops and some shorts and take a sling shot instead of my gun ??