• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate some people.....

showcase 66

I just finished the windows, sign, and backglass of 2 vehicles. All done they way she wanted. I walk into my door and my phone rings. Now she thinks the Flourescent Pink is too bright and wants something less bright.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :banghead:

She kept coming out and seeing how things were going. She said she liked it as it was being applied and even after I was done. She was just raving about the color pink and how she just loves it.

WTF.... She wants it fixed before tomorrows re-grand opening. I dont have time for this crap. I have other sh!t to do...........................

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::frustrated::frustrated:

Colin

I feel your pain. I had a similar psycho-woman from hell a couple years ago too. Get paid, and be done with her.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now its time to go load your frickin' gun. I mean it.

Someone has mentioned to her.... they didn't like the color.... therefore now she doesn't.

If it were me, I'd tell her she's gonna live with that until you can come back. She must pay fully in advance of removing her requested color and putting on the new color. This time, at YOUR convenience, not hers.

showcase 66

Just got off the pone with her again, telling her that she will have to wait until the end of the week at the earliest to replace the color if that is what she wants because I have a lot more work that is already scheduled this week and she gave me the approval and the looks good and I love the color.

She threatened to call a lawyer to have me "fix" it now. I said if that is what you feel like doing, go ahead. They cant make me "fix" it now anyways. I will change the colors by the middle of next week if you would like for $x or you can keep it the same colors for free. ( I was being and a$$ about it)
Some how the "free" calmed her down. She has already paid the last part so technically it wasnt free but what ever. I have a feeling it wont be the last time I hear from her tho.

JR's

Someone has mentioned to her.... they didn't like the color.... therefore now she doesn't.

If it were me, I'd tell her she's gonna live with that until you can come back. She must pay fully in advance of removing her requested color and putting on the new color. This time, at YOUR convenience, not hers.

:goodpost:

JR

Colin

She threatened to call a lawyer to have me "fix" it now.

She's quite the piece of work! Sounds like she's mentally still a child who hasn't yet learned the concept of accepting responsibility for her choices/actions.

W

wetgravy

I have a sign that sits on a shelf above me that simply states "Bad planning on your part does not mean an emergency on my part" ... I feel your pain and it's always something you have to muster through and hope you have the patience to not tell the customer "LOOK, GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK" ... though in the shop I'm in now we get lots of walkouts that don't want to pay our prices even though we are amongst the lowest in the area (and the fastest turn around) ... sort of the can of worms you deal with when you letter big rigs that need to be in and out and back on the road.

What I love are the ones that you tell, in order to start your job without A) you here or B) your vehicle here ... we need a deposit ... and they show up a week later asking "you have my signs done?"

showcase 66

I got a call from her husband while out on another job. He came and pretty much begged me to try and get this done by tomorrow. I told him like I told her, I would change the colors by the middle of next week for $x or they can call someone else to see if they can change them. I swear this guy was going to cry like he was going to get the wrath from his wife over the whole thing. Feel bad for that, but I cant not do the other jobs just to do hers.

anotherdog

I love customers like this, although my wife hates them. As long as you don't get sucked into the vortex of emotion and stick to your guns over price and deadline it's just money.

This is how she lives her life; creating an emotional panic zone around herself. its just a way to get the world to pay attention and validate the heck out of her. I see enough of these people to be able to group them together. They just don't understand when other people react in a negative way to their important projects.

I have actually fired a customer just like this. Not really because she treated me like crap, but because I was simply not making any money with her constantly changing her mind before the signage went up.

If you can actually stand to be in the same room as her you have a customer for life. she will bring all her "projects" to you in future...until you fire her a$$ (are we allowed to say ass here?)

TheSnowman

I can't think of one instance like this that I have had that ended well, or right. The people that want things in a rush, like TODAY, and don't just get out their wallet and pay right when they come in, are ALWAYS a pain. I can think of SO many instances. I got bit once, and I refuse to let it happen again. I don't do ANYTHING right then and there anymore really. Every single time I did it, the customer would have to have it an hour later, and it would sit in my shop for three plus days it seemed on many things. Then they would change their mind, want a different picture, etc.

The best was when I quoted a job and I had 50% down on the estimate, and the guy came in telling me to overnight stuff and get it here tomorrow. I asked him how he would like to put the deposit down and he said "that's going to be a problem". I said, yep, it is. He just walked out, we didn't say another word to each other.

Stick to your guns. It never pays to let a customer smack you around and run your shop for you. They will never be happy because THEY can't make up their mind, then they'll just go to the next shop the next time, and do it to them as well, and send all their friends somewhere else too. It's just not worth it.

Jillbeans

Easy solution.
Tell Blunder Woman that all she has to do wait for two weeks.
Fluorescent vynull will fade.
Problem solved.
C**t.

showcase 66

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I swear this fricken lady is going to be the death of me........

I just listened to a message left from my bank. Apparently, this stupid B!TCH has disputed the charges on her credit card. According to the message I needed to contact them today before Discover withdraws the money back. I just checked my account online and $1586 has been taken out. WTF.

I am so fricken pissed off right now.

Called a buddy of mine who works for a bank in the credit card processing dept. He said I can still contest it but That fricken much.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Mosh, do you want to come visit the desert. I can give you something to do.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
That bites!

Only one of several reasons I hate CREDIT CARD transactions.
Yes we do acept them, but ARGH!
Cash or check, please!

Firefox

She loved the color til her old man looked at it and said it reminded him of the whore house he used to hang out at!

You nailed it Gino!

Hair dressers are the biggest flakes... Frosted Flakes Even!

Colin

I thought that a Credit Card company would only give the person their money back (taking it from you) if the person never actually received your product/service. If they did receive your product/service, then it's a different matter; it's a complaint that the product/service wasn't good enough.......and that has to be determined.

:help

Firefox

Colin, you know that the sweet young lady told the truth to the CC company. How she never saw that god awful color until it was too late, and the sign ba$+ard was just taking advantage her.

Hopefully all of the quotes and color requests are in writing and in order and signed by the customer.

showcase 66

Everything is in writing. Receipts signed by her. Just the way everything started with her. I decided that everything would be kept as well as photographed.

From the Message, it was stated as "fraudulent charges"

I am guessing she is saying she never gave me permission to run her cc. That is my best guess right now.

What even pisses me off even more,
My wife reminded me that not even 2 weeks ago we ran into her and her husband at a restaurant. She kept saying how much she loved her signs ( I changed the color almost a month later).

That pisses me off. If she does have a problem with them, Then she should have said something to me.