• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate some people.....

showcase 66

Just got back from talking with my bank. They are confident that everything will be reverted. While I was there, they called the police to file a police report on the situation. The bank also is going to push Discover to file fraud charges against her. They said it could take up to 6 weeks to completely resolve but it might get overturned quicker just to have it done before the end of the year.

They are sending copies of everything to discover and should hear something next week about a status.

My bank is also going to basically loan me the amount being held. This way I can still do what I need to do. That statement from them makes me really believe everything will be taken care of.

Hopefully soon.

weaselboogie

That's fantastic. I love seeing people get what they deserve.... for the good and the bad. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she realizes that the sh!t is hitting the fan.

I feel the worst for the husband.

Last edited:

JasperST

It's great that the bank is getting involved on your behalf. They'll send a crew out to bust her kneecaps. All this fuss is over the pink vinyl that she picked out? I think maybe the realization that it would fade hit home but it isn't your problem, well, maybe some extra time anyway.

She's probably suffering a chemical imbalance from all the perm solutions. That sh*t is nasty!

Firefox

My late father was a very wise man.
He always said that you get more results from a letter.
I'd send her a certified version of what Gino has suggested.
And here's a sign you can put around your neighborhood, but with her real salon name.
I'm kidding!!!!!

Jill you are so bad... I love it!
Especially the crack whore... Oops I hope she isn't a friend!

I'm surprised the bank is getting involved, usually they don't seem to give a chit about the merchant. This crap can really take a toll on you. I feel for you and hope is is resolved real soon.

It would be great if you could get pics of the bimbo in cuffs!

wmshuman

been there

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I swear this fricken lady is going to be the death of me........

I just listened to a message left from my bank. Apparently, this stupid B!TCH has disputed the charges on her credit card. According to the message I needed to contact them today before Discover withdraws the money back. I just checked my account online and $1586 has been taken out. WTF.

I am so fricken pissed off right now.

Called a buddy of mine who works for a bank in the credit card processing dept. He said I can still contest it but That fricken much.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Mosh, do you want to come visit the desert. I can give you something to do.

I have been in this exact situation with ironically a hair salon, minus the pink vinyl but with a box sign. I am not sure what state you are in but where I am from, you can call the police and have her arrested for making a false pretense, which basically means that she ordered the sign, paid for it, and then canceled the payment with no means to pay for it. It is STEALING and you can be arrested for that. I am telling you from experience in your position. You will get your money or she will be sitting in a jail cell wondering how she will come up with bail and after the court date, you will get your money anyways. Make sure you bring that to her attention or not and just call the police. Hope my experience can help you out.

cdiesel

We had a jackwagon charge back a card for a wrap we did a few months ago. Knew he was going to be a problem when he dropped the truck off. Kept telling us he was worried about his tools being stolen. When we assured him we have a secured, indoor, video monitored bay, he said he was worried about *us* stealing his stuff! We installed everything, and when he came to pickup the truck, he was just overall unhappy--and we still can't for the life of us figure out why. He got exactly what he wanted, delivered on time, exactly as promised. Ended up getting a chargeback notification and fought it. He said he never received the goods. I sent our processor pictures of the truck with him in the background. Took about a week until they redeposited the funds in our account. Some people!

high impact

I was going to say the exact same thing but that now that it's been said. Make sure the life expectancy is WRITTEN on the paperwork and explained. I've been through that one before and you MUST have it in writing with this customer. I recommend putting up with a little bit of attitude from her at this point and see where it goes from there. It is no excuse but she has quite a bit of pressure that she may not be used to and she happened to vent. I have experienced people apologizing about their behavior after they had time to cool off and realize they were out of line. This happens all the time in life and I always recommend to at least give the customer the benefit of the doubt before you fire them.

Edit - oops. Bummer, I wrote my response before finishing the entire thread. You have a live wire here. argh. Thank goodness you have a signed contract but sounds like it may require small claims. I hope it all works out for you even though this is one of those "no win" situations.

Last edited:

adkmaid

No matter how stressed she had no reason to holler at you.
I would tell her that you are the one who is helping her with signs which she signed and agreed to the terms of, hello, you need money to order in her specialty tacky-ass pink vinyl.
I'd make her sign a waiver, too, as to it not staying t!tty pink longer than 6 months, which is probably as long as her salon will last if this is an example of her planning skills.
I have a feeling you will be getting regular calls about problems with the signs.
I am crabby too, I have a rush job which I finished early that has been sitting here all day.
Person doesn't answer their phone or respond to emails.
Love.....Jill
:goodpost: aaahahahahaha that t!tty pink is a nightmare not only to the females that "adore" it but the little teenage boy freaks that want monster logos and fox logos for their stuff.....

adkmaid

if it were me... I would chalk up the materials cost as "lesson learned" and i would march over there and start to take every bit of the signage from the building.....when she came out like some sort of bleached blonde psycho from hell and threatening to call the cops....agree and tell her she has one hour to come up with cash in hand or its all coming off and it will cost her double to get it redone and not only by your company but any sign company in the area because you will have bought lunch and invited them all to witness your "Grand Removal".
I had some redneck logger (some are my best friends) want his truck airbrushed, I told him the price he agreed, he would be back in a few hours to pick the truck up when I was done. He showed up, loved the job, and said he didnt have the cash he would catch up with me later in the week. I took a rag, poured thinner on it, and said well when you have the cash you give me a call, but it will be double to put it back on. Needless to say he whipped out the cash within the hour.
:rock-n-roll:Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do

JasperST

...and i would march over there and start to take every bit of the signage from the building....
Check the state laws first. You could get arrested if it's considered their property at that point. That's how it is here. Small claims is usually the better way to go. Bailing out of jail and having an arrest record would make a bad dream into a nightmare.

WildWestDesigns

.agree and tell her she has one hour to come up with cash in hand or its all coming off and it will cost her double to get it redone and not only by your company but any sign company in the area because you will have bought lunch and invited them all to witness your "Grand Removal".

Self help is frowned upon by most jurisdictions. It all depends on the judge/cops that you deal with and how much they follow their laws and what laws are in place. For instance, if you are calling people to collect money that is rightfully yours, but if you call say 7 times in a day and they have a law on the books that says any more then 5 calls is considered harassment, you can get a claim against you.

If you get a judge that is a stickler for this, not only would you lose the money that you deserve for the job you did(concept of coming to court with "unclean hands"), but you could owe them money. You'll also have on your public record of committing such an act.

You might get away with this, you might not. You might win at small claims court, you might not, but you want to make sure you ass is covered legally. Just my luck when I would try to do "self-help", I would get busted and lose everything on the first go around.

Even though it might give you the most satisfaction, you do run a risk, just be prepared to pay that risk of you get caught doing something bad. Remember the saying about two wrongs?

mark galoob

really, the cops prob will do the same to you if you pull your signage down as they will do to her if she doesnt pay...

nothing...

mark galoob

WildWestDesigns

really, the cops prob will do the same to you if you pull your signage down as they will do to her if she doesnt pay...

nothing...

mark galoob

That really depends on your location as well. Big City cops react differently to small town cops etc. You might get lucky and get one cop that won't do anything, but the next cop from the same station might do something different. Whether they do or don't do anything doesn't make it any less against the law, it depends on what is on the books in your jurisdiction. Most do frown upon self help, some jurisdiction even allow force to be used if someone is causing damage to your property.

I would be fully aware of what you can or can't do before you just do it. You might end up losing more by your actions then just doing nothing.

showcase 66

nothing...

mark galoob
Normally I would agree with you but, her 1 son and both son-in-laws are police officers. All I have is an Uncle as the Fire Chief. I have a feeling I would be on the losing battle on this one.

Heard back from the bank this morning. I should have my answer from the CC company before Christmas.

UFB Fabrication

I am not a lawyer but I have stayed overnight someplace not as the holiday inn. I was repo-ing ans sign and the cops showed up. To make a long story short if its on the building it is their property and removing it is theft.

Slap a lien on the property and take the wench to small claims court. Also contact the prosecuting atty. In our area they dont like bounced checks and cheats.

high impact

I have only ever 'thought" about performing a repo one time (clears throat). I included the language in my contract and my attorney said it would never hold up. In the state of Indiana - once the sign is up it's theirs and you should NOT remove it...unless of course you are cold and hungry 'cuz you will get a phone call, a meal, a roommate and a warm bed.

showcase 66

The owner of the building has told me that I can take down the sign but I am not sure if it is legal. Right now I need to focus on finishing my Christmas shopping. I have been assured I will get my money back. After this, I think I am going to evaluate the client a little more before I accept CC for a large amount.