• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate some people.....

Si Allen

Sorry about that ... BUT ... weren't you told at the beginning of this thread to fire her?

Maybe next time you will listen!

:iamwithstupid

iSign

I had a similar encounter this year, and the charge back was for $400 deposit.. and the bit*h had a lawyer for a husband... but I disputed the charge back, and I won! never had to make the sign for the bit*h either (but of course i never got the second $400)

tbaker

I feel for you, we've all had clients like this. I've fired a couple through the years, but before I do, I've always done this dance with the problematic ones. I've given them ample opportunity to unf*ck themsemselves, they either do, and we've continued to do business, or they don't, and I'm thankful for the headaches that go away. The money it costs in the long run is better served by drinking heavily, instead of working on their particular "projects"

If you've kept all your paperwork, with her signature accepting the work as "complete" it will be hard for her to prove the charge to be fraudulent.

Then again, if they overturn it, invoice her for the full amount, plus interest, and when she doesn't pay it, for $25 I think it is, you can file a complaint and have her doors locked with a workman's lien.

anyways, live and learn. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

hopefully it all works out.

schramm

I am 100% with you! I do antique mirror glass (very specialized) and each and every job is custom so I get paid 100% up front before the job starts - there is no option to this as I am cutting glass specifically for their job and I cannot re-use it after the fact! From time to time (not very often) I get the occasional jerk that knows everything and demands that I do it there way or I will not get the work....

This is how I handle it...

I HANG UP! Life is just to short to argue about money!

I started the business with my hard work, I have made the mistakes, taken the losses, made the profits and I will be damned if I am going to allow anyone to tell me how my business should be ran! Personally I think that everyone should charge 100% up front, problem is that most people do not trust that you will do it in a timely manner....

------------------------------

Picture below: Hard Rock Cafe, Nashville
Mirror and frame in the back - MINE!
Payment in FULL UP FRONT!

Attachments

• MyMirroratHRC.jpg
    MyMirroratHRC.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 91

Deaton Design

It sounds to me like she is trying to get the job for free now. You did what she originally wanted, the puke pink vinyl, then changed it later to suit her, now she disputes the charges. Sounds to me like she is just another thief trying to get something for nothing.
Fight her tooth and nail dude. Dont let this psycho beat you on this. She needs a lesson learned.

Pat Whatley

All four times someone has disputed credit card charges on me it has been a pain in the ass to deal with customer who was in the verge of going out of business. They'll try to dispute the charges just to free up a little space on their maxed out credit card. It's gonna suck to deal with it but you sound like you've got all your documentation ready to prove she owes the money.

I've never had them pull the money out of my account though. I've always just had to fax documentation to them to prove the validity of the claim. I hope, for your sake, that they've just held the funds in escrow. I'll add that to the list of reasons I won't accept Discover cards.

visual800

first off you said salon, need I say more? Send her ass to Curtis LOL

Dump this bitch and make her pay the other idiot. I get so sick of these arrogant clients and them putting stuff off and blaming everyone for their failures. Next year Im gonna adopt the pay up front crap more than I ever have in 22 years.

Jillbeans

I think I'd be tempted to call the cops on this tw@t.
Not to arrest her, because they probably can't, but for advice.
She basically stole your work while acting all nicey nice to your face after her multiple f*ck ups.
And you jumped through so many hurdles and tried to be so helpful.
Time to call the Mosh collection agency if the cops can't help.
I would be on the phone to the CC company too, because you delivered/installed the nasty pink stuff and she's still using it.
You have the documentation.
I would sue her and probably also make signs with pictures of bald toothless scabby headed women with her bizname on them and place them randomly all over town.
(hopefully you snapped some photos of the locals while in Butler)

Colin

I think the cops will just say "it's a civil matter - nothing we can do. Take her to court".

But it is a form of stealing isn't it?

B-RAD Graphics

:banghead:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:...

She is trying to use your money for christmas shopping or to pay her rent ...because I can imagine she failing in business if she handles anything like she has with you..

That is a customer from HELL.. wdf what is this world coming to:help

Colin

That is a customer from HELL.. wdf what is this world coming to?

I never shared it on this forum, but I had a customer like this a couple years ago. I got paid, but it turns out that the entire negative experience was due to the fact that she was/is a total, complete scatter brain (as someone who knows her later told me). She cannot focus or decide on a course of direction, and now that I know this, it explains the entire thing, when at the time I was wondering what the heck world I was on!

Since doing the original sandblasted cedar sign for her, she has added a whole host of other signage, all with different messages and designs, and even business names/descriptions! Her entire business presentation looks like a dog's breakfast, and a mass of confusion.

And then you get those customers where everything goes as smooth as silk; they fully understand about deposits, etc, and you begin to appreciate the complex dynamics of human communication.

showcase 66

Sorry about that ... BUT ... weren't you told at the beginning of this thread to fire her?

Maybe next time you will listen!

:iamwithstupid

I know, I know. :covereyes:

It sounds to me like she is trying to get the job for free now. You did what she originally wanted, the puke pink vinyl, then changed it later to suit her, now she disputes the charges. Sounds to me like she is just another thief trying to get something for nothing.
Fight her tooth and nail dude. Dont let this psycho beat you on this. She needs a lesson learned.
I have every intention to fight her on this. Kinda sounds like this is not the first time she has done this. Some of the other ladies had told me when everything was done, she likes to get everything as cheap as possible. She will b*tch if something cost a dollar.

All four times someone has disputed credit card charges on me it has been a pain in the ass to deal with customer who was in the verge of going out of business. They'll try to dispute the charges just to free up a little space on their maxed out credit card. It's gonna suck to deal with it but you sound like you've got all your documentation ready to prove she owes the money.

I've never had them pull the money out of my account though. I've always just had to fax documentation to them to prove the validity of the claim. I hope, for your sake, that they've just held the funds in escrow. I'll add that to the list of reasons I won't accept Discover cards.
I know her business is not failing. and needing the money is not an issue.

I think I'd be tempted to call the cops on this tw@t.
Not to arrest her, because they probably can't, but for advice.
She basically stole your work while acting all nicey nice to your face after her multiple f*ck ups.
And you jumped through so many hurdles and tried to be so helpful.
Time to call the Mosh collection agency if the cops can't help.
I would be on the phone to the CC company too, because you delivered/installed the nasty pink stuff and she's still using it.
You have the documentation.
I would sue her and probably also make signs with pictures of bald toothless scabby headed women with her bizname on them and place them randomly all over town.
(hopefully you snapped some photos of the locals while in Butler)
I talked to my buddy's dad (lawyer) last night so I dont think I need to call the cops. He did however mention I should file a civil suet against her after I get things situated. Now about the pix, it was to dark and i was to fricken cold to get out and snap an pics of people. Plus, the way you describe Butler, it reminds me of the Butler area just out of town here.

I will be going over to my bank first thing when they open. I have all the paper work from her file, including the emails she has sent me. I have no doubt I will get this overturned. Looking at my bank account again online. The money is not technically gone. It has my balance where it should be, but my available balance is $1586 lower. So a hold has been put on the money. My wife pointed out to me last night that I did change my cc processor since she has paid. Went from first data to my banks merchant processing. I wonder if this may have been the reason for the hold on the account. Not sure, but will find out shortly.

Firefox

Someone said they have never had a CC company pull the funds back out of their account. They do this as quickly as possible when it has been reported as fraud to protect themselves as much as their defrauded customer. It is a PITA but that's how they do it.

What the bimbo doesn't seem to realize is that she is the one that has committed fraud by reporting it as a fraud instead of a purchase dispute. She did in fact authorize the charges then reports them as not her charges! A real brain trust there.

The last time I had a fraudulent use of a CC it was for over $11,000.+ and because it was broken up in to a deposit and then final payment (neither transaction over $10,000) it was considered low priority by the Police and the CC company, meaning they didn't care to investigate it very much. The only thing that saved my bacon was perfect record keeping. But that does not help when every time some money gets put into your bank account the CC company pulls it out... makes doing business a tad difficult.

What I have done ever since, and it is a PITA and extra expense, is to have a separate account for the credit card transfers to go into. That way the CC company can not just grab anything and everything I deposit, like cash and checks! As Money is deposited from CC sales it is transferred into a separate checking account where it is safe from electronic transfer, at least until any disputes can be worked out.

Typing fast, hope this make some sense!

W

wetgravy

I've had to repo signs before. nothing like vinyl though, both times were post held signs. It was stated the the agreement that we would be willing to repo the work until final payment was received and that re-install was extra, in stead of a lien. Customers were notified of this and let us take the signs back as opposed to putting a lien on their business. I've since worked it into my agreements.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need to write a letter of demand. Send it certified return mail.

Without any emotional input, just itemize, convey all the events and simply give her 5 days or whatever amount you want and tell her if she doesn't comply she will be dealt with according to the laws of Arizona and besides a lien on her business, you will be filing business and personal suits against her. Instruct her to read the letter, consider the consequences and govern herself accordingly. It's really that simple. Nothing hits home more than a well written demand letter.

Jillbeans

My late father was a very wise man.
He always said that you get more results from a letter.
I'd send her a certified version of what Gino has suggested.
And here's a sign you can put around your neighborhood, but with her real salon name.
I'm kidding!!!!!

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 93