• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion I've owned an HP R1000 since April 2019, ask me anything

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Just an FIY for those thinking about the R-series. There's soon going to be a new one cheaper/smaller/slower below R1000.... So my guess is R500.
Don't ask me more, it's all I know.

Hello everyone,

Feeling a bit chatty lately while working night shifts to keep up with a large job. Wife's running day ops which leaves me alone with my vices and equipment.

Anyway, as the title says we've had an R1000 in our shop since the first few months of US availability. We upgraded from a Scitex FB550 which we owned for a year before the R series was announced and we decided to sell the 550 and upgrade.

Being owner to new tech meant there hasn't been much I could find online when troubleshooting or researching in this last year. Even videos of the machine operating (outside of EU owners) were sparse. There is the HP knowledge center but it's still lacking for the R series.

So I'm here to answer any questions you might have. Maybe this can serve as a future resource for other R1000 and R2000 owners.
Bro. do you have Diagnostic QR code generator? we are willing to buy if you have

swan25

We just got our R1000 a couple months ago. We are trying to dial in the settings for printing backlit poly faces, then laminating the printed panels. Any suggestions, profile recommendations, pass modes, white levels etc.

What are your thoughts on laminating substrates after printing? Exterior jobs, lots of ACM, 040 & 063 Aluminum, Polycarbonate and Acrylic. We do keep the overcoat down to max 0.5 when laminating. Have you noticed any difference between calendar vs cast laminate other than lifespan? Thank you in advance for the input!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We just got our R1000 a couple months ago. We are trying to dial in the settings for printing backlit poly faces, then laminating the printed panels. Any suggestions, profile recommendations, pass modes, white levels etc.
You had the ramp-up training, no? They didn't fine tune the profiles with you?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yes we did, he didn't get nto backlit. He spend an entire day on one color match.
You should really, really get back in contact with the dealer it was purchased from. Until a while ago, at least here, the printer always came with 7 days of training.
It seems you still have so many things to tune and work on it would really benefit for someone with proper knowledge to be there with you.
It's a shame if they didn't do it proper. What a waste of time to get stuck on a small thing for whole day.

johnnysigns

Yes, I would recommend the same. Complain to the vendor, complain to HP, it's the only way to get them to accommodate. I've had so many problems with my R2000, but I'm not quiet about it to HP. They can definitely send an applications engineer back to you to get the profiles and fine tuning you need. It's just going to take some noise on your end to get that on their radar.

dbot

hi everyone. we looking at an r1000 or R2000 we currently doing aprox 1400sqm of flat bed printing a month.
I wanted to ask 2 questions

1. What is your average inkml usage per sqm of printing. -
I have looked at our L700 and over about 1year of printing excluding our white ink usage we are averaging 13.6ml of ink per sqm this is on a mix of vinyls and backlit and a small amount of PVC and fabric.
2. I noticed on the forum that ACM seems like a challenging material. Am i over thinking this though. How well would white satin ACM print or am i going to have majpt outdoor durability issues?
3. What is the life expectancy of the heads. the L300 and 700s are avergaing 5-8lts of ink per replacement.

I found this information in the the printer web interfacer or on the printOS website.
Using basic math. I took the total amount of Sqmt printed in the last year on the machine and the total amount ink consumption and came up with that figure of 13.6ml/sqm for our L700

balstestrat

Problem Solver
hi everyone. we looking at an r1000 or R2000 we currently doing aprox 1400sqm of flat bed printing a month.
I wanted to ask 2 questions

1. What is your average inkml usage per sqm of printing. -
I have looked at our L700 and over about 1year of printing excluding our white ink usage we are averaging 13.6ml of ink per sqm this is on a mix of vinyls and backlit and a small amount of PVC and fabric.
2. I noticed on the forum that ACM seems like a challenging material. Am i over thinking this though. How well would white satin ACM print or am i going to have majpt outdoor durability issues?
3. What is the life expectancy of the heads. the L300 and 700s are avergaing 5-8lts of ink per replacement.

I found this information in the the printer web interfacer or on the printOS website.
Using basic math. I took the total amount of Sqmt printed in the last year on the machine and the total amount ink consumption and came up with that figure of 13.6ml/sqm for our L700
1. I'd say the ink usage is in the same ballpark. If you can run something faster like 4-pass that doesn't have to be high quality maybe you get it closer 10ml. But it is so dependent on the job anyway.
2. I don't think ACM is challenging but when you move it after printing it's easy to scratch it.
3. Again it varies but they last anything from 20L to 100L even over that if you are not picky about the quality. I think 50L average is possible.

johnnysigns

Anyone I've talked to about ACM with HP, they've always recommended laminating it. We've got a bunch to run soon and that's our plan on our end.