• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Opinions

OldPaint

oh my god a biker with a college degree)))))))) tryin to be something he aint.........on both counts.
lot of people waste time in less then great schools, seems yours was one of them. i stand by my statement in my 1st post:
"wow...........you spent how much time on that? sorry but mostly what it shows is not YOUR DESIGN ABILITY but the lack of it.
i take you looked at MSD IGNITION LOGO??? real close. ot maybe MILLER MGD BEER? ANDDDDDDD... the real kicker, NSD nonstop delvery:
http://www.nonstopdelivery.com/latestnews.html
i belive you need to rethink this .........."
as for me, i was given artist ability, school just refined something i had to being with.
i also did a little psychology studies along with my art as an assistant to the art prof at PENN STATE.
this area you ALSO NEED serious help, along with the design ability you DONT HAVE.
being 66, and know so many talented design people over the years...........i can say in a FOGHORN LEGHORN voice, SON YA JUST DONT LISTEN, these kids today............ might as well be talkin to tree. and that i mean!

Stuckup

oh my god a biker with a college degree)))))))) tryin to be something he aint.........on both counts.
lot of people waste tie in less then great schools, seems yours was one of them. i stand by my statement in my 1st post:

Disrepectful, wa
n
ka

Jillbeans

Let me tell you what I really think.
That "logo" is lame.
The colors are blah.
The concept is inane.
We have rules for a reason. Maybe you are too cool for them.
But keep on keepin' on, I am sure the spoonfed public will see some merit in it.
Just don't sprain your arm patting yourself on the back.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So Jill, are you saying it could be awesome if you let it grow on you for a while?
:omg:

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

Smacka

Just think balance and flow, and everyting gwon be irie! All too often we design things for ourselves that "WE" like and not what "SELLS". That's why you need an objective group of consumers to bounce the ideas off of. You'll be surprised at just how different the two designs will be. But don't give up. That is the lesson you should take from the feedback you asked for.

OldPaint

"That is the lesson you should take from the feedback you asked for."
YOU dont read to well........
HE SAID: nothing that was pointed out to him IS GONA CHANGE IT!!!
this post has run its course..........all good advice WASTED ON AN EGOCENTRIC NARCISSIST........who has himself convinced hes the best damn designer there ever was!!!
reality has no value to people like this.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Also to follow the right path you need a well marked road.
Marked with perhaps a well made legible logo or sign.....

wayne k
guam usa

Smacka

Not quite what I meant by that but sometimes its better to just smile, offer what you can and say good luck. Life (my life anyway) is way too short to argue with someone who already has there mind made up about something.

SignManiac

I think its a brilliant logo. In fact, if the OP doesn't mind, I may borrow all of the elements and redo my logo using the same train of thought. Nobody seems to get my smiley face and says it does not show off my design skills very well. Everyone keeps saying the smiley face is over used as a logo. I beg to differ.

MatthewTimothy

I think its a brilliant logo. In fact, if the OP doesn't mind, I may borrow all of the elements and redo my logo using the same train of thought. Nobody seems to get my smiley face and says it does not show off my design skills very well. Everyone keeps saying the smiley face is over used as a logo. I beg to differ.

:ROFLMAO:

damn you!!! I didnt want to post in this thread!!! i think the community has stated the obvious :peace!:

NSDdesigns

Old Paint is just a 66 year old ***hat. Go back to being a crotchety old man, one thing that is prevalent that you are great at. I've stated many times on here that I do indeed respect my elders, especially in the design world, but those that can and are willing to positively critique, not those that just say, "it sucks, you suck" and offer no real form of encouragement or beneficial advice. And as far as my "less then great school" and the artistic ability that "I don't have", I can mearly just laugh. I dont have to prove myself to you to gain any sort of mind changing ground as you have made yours up about me, and I about you. All I can say is that my work has been seen the world over, perhaps even influenced you to buy some of the goods you currently own, all within a few short years of my 27 years on this earth so far. That with the knowledge of my training, born abilities, history in the feild and well receptive carrear; I've very comfortable at where I'm at and how I got here and also where I'm headed. One logos critique, especially from a negative forum user isn't going to beat me down. Words with you are just me talking to the dark from here on out. Narcissistic I am not, cynical perhaps yes. Just because I have created a single logo (flaws and all) that is for MY company, stand my ground on it and state that I am sticking with the OVERALL look, makes me a narcissist!? I know Im not the best designer ever, not by a long shot, Neither are you, but I can aspire to be.

ANYWAYS, I AM acceptable to change and suggestions, thats why I posted up on here, to get valued feedback but I also said that the overall look I like and want to keep. SO, is this an improvement or at least a step in the right direction............(wonder what can of worms will be opened now)

On a positive side, least the thread is getting some good conversation going.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-01 at 10.35.17 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-01 at 10.35.17 AM.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Fatboy

No...I still don't think it is right.Why the red stripy thingy through your text? Almost look like a print mistake.Like media feed error or encoder strip dirty or the knife got stuck. Then also the badge on the left look like some emblem for a secret society.