• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Opinions

ucmj22

Thats awesome VID. That is an excellent rendition of where I would like to be seeing as I have some agreed upon flaws in my current mark. I think you best understood that I like where I was at when I posted my logo and was willing to make some minor tweaks. What you created is along the lines of what I was talking about.

THANKS!

OK ok I see where this got out of hand now. You thought people were trying to make you change your logo when in fact they were just giving you the advice & pointing out the weaknesses in your logo so that you could tweak it yourself. Vid simply took what everyone was saying about the weak spots, and fixed them. You probably could have done this yourself had you not gotten so defensive.

personally I still dont like the NSD repeating, but if you must have it, you must.

MatthewTimothy

Can't a guy try and back himself. Im not one to just get ripped apart and sit there, then shrug it off and stay defeated. If I am wrong I'll admit it, but if I feel strongly about what I am talking about then damn right I am going to speak my peace.

Yes a guy has the right to back himself BUT you went about it completely wrong and backfired it on the community. Many people tried to give positive input than you wanted to be an *** and get smart with people. Man up, even the best of us get defeated but in no way will it help your case in this thread. People were nice and gave you positive critiques before you started trying to defend yourself after you ASKED for input. You spent more time trying to defend yourself AND for what??? to look like an *** you have.... Sorry man, but you ask for help than get smart with people for it, really??? :noway:

EDIT:
and yes I will admit I am taking my two crappy days out on you :thumb:

EDIT EDIT:
glad to see someone is using the tag system!

tcorn1965

The definition of insanity is doing the same exact thing over and over and expecting a different result. P.S. I'm a little offended, my cat is retarded and her feelings get hurt easily.

What if he incorporated a cat in his logo too? A way to say "Sorry Cat I messed up".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

NSDdesigns

Yes a guy has the right to back himself BUT you went about it completely wrong and backfired it on the community. Many people tried to give positive input than you wanted to be an *** and get smart with people. Man up, even the best of us get defeated but in no way will it help your case in this thread. People were nice and gave you positive critiques before you started trying to defend yourself after you ASKED for input. You spent more time trying to defend yourself AND for what??? to look like an *** you have.... Sorry man, but you ask for help than get smart with people for it, really??? :noway:

I took the positive input from the get go. I was being called out to respond and I did. Only did I respond "like and ***" when attacked. It's ok for the vets to be asses but for the new guy defending himself thats a no-no?? It's all in writing, go back a re-read. If acting the way I did makes me a douche canoe so be it, least I'm still in the pink. I'm done posting in here. I'll read the valuable input if there is any more to be had and help if I can elsewhere on the forum. This thread went downhill at the expense of its senior members and those members fanboys. Thanks to those that gave advice, to the others.........whatever.

1/2-4CR3

If acting the way I did makes me a douche canoe so be it, least I'm still in the pink.

Meh, wouldn't say douche canoe. More like a magnificent string of anal beads. Then if you would you use them correctly you would certainly not "be in the pink."

Maybe I'm out of line for saying this, but if you don't want feedback, good or bad, don't waste people's time posting designs for critique and then come off like a self righteous jerk about it when people are just being honest.

Sure, there are all walks of life here with all levels of design skill or lack thereof. However, these people all have opinions and are entitled to share them when you ask for it. You ask for it the moment you post something. If you don't want to hear it, don't post it. It's really as simple as that. And if you do post it and someone doesn't like it, take it into consideration regardless. If you don't, you're really missing the big picture.

I am very new to this industry, but have a strong art background. I was involved in the tattoo industry for years and was a regular on many of the available forums, one of which I owned and managed. Over the years I saw many critiques given and many reactions both positive and negative from those who posted art for critique as well as those who critiqued. Many people simply expect a pat on the back and when they don't get that reaction they think everyone else is must be wrong. Then there's always the "Well, they're just playing favorites" excuse. It never ceases to amaze me how people think that just because someone else gets more praise for their art, it must be because they kiss more a** or are a member of some secret clique. If you think this is a tough crowd, try posting your art for a bunch of grumpy, overworked tattoo artists and see what they have to say. I'm actually impressed at the subtlety of some of the suggestions made on these forums and how easily people ignore it in order to manage their self inflated egos.

I myself, appreciate every bit of feedback I get, good or bad. I don't have a fancy four year degree. What I do have is a strong desire to learn and succeed in this business. I have only been designing signs for a little over a year, and have been working with vectors for all of 6 months. I've opened my sign shop in just the last 4 months and I'm way in over my head. I have no specific experience in the area of graphic design whatsoever as well as many other areas of sign manufacture, production, sales, etc. But by asking and listening to what I'm told here and applying it to my work every day, I can say I've already improved ten fold since joining this forum. It's the people that don't appreciate what's given to them here that really p*** me off. I pay my dues and reap the many benefits it has to offer. If it wasn't for the people here being so courteous and helpful I would be learning everything on my own and would never be where I am today, tomorrow, or into the future. I would pay hundreds of dollars a year to be a member here just simply because you can't get experience like this anywhere other than an apprenticeship. Even college can never teach the things you will learn here. So take what your told here with a thick skin and learn from it. If you don't, you're just wasting time and space for those who really can use the help.

To all those who have been so willing to help me become a better sign maker and designer, I thank you. To those who want a pat on the back...well you know what you can go do.