Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merchant Warning - Killer Graphics

Discussion in 'Screen Printing' started by Finishline Signs, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Finishline Signs

Finishline Signs Active Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Crestview, FL
    I just wanted to warn anyone here who might think about using Killer Graphics to do your screen printing. We decided to try them for a job we got for three different shirts, 100 of each. We sent him the shirts and got them back after just two weeks. After looking at a few of the shirts I gave them to my customer and went on with my business. The next day I get a call from the customer telling me that as they went through the shirts they found multiple problems, shirts stuck to each other, globs of ink, ink on the shirts in place other that the print and colors varying in density (color). I notified Johnny about the problems and sent him 138 of the 300 shirts back. I asked him when I could expect the replacements and he said they would ship on Monday. When I got the shirts back it was the same shirts that I had sent him. He heat pressed them, re-screen printed some of them and appeared to do nothing to others. We were able to accept 36 of these shirts. After calling Johnny and letting him know what was going on he assured me that he would stand behind his work. I told him that I wanted new shirts to replace the 102 that are still bad and he said he would order them the next day. He required that we send the bad shirts back so he could account for them. Once we received our "replacement" shirts and opening the box we can see they are the same shirts that he attempted to fix again. Of these shirts we were able to use 33 of them leaving us get someone else to print the remaining 69 shirts. At this point I didn't even bother to waste my time calling Johnny, no need to listen to anymore of his lies. I have attached a few pictures of the problems with the shirts including the ones he attempted to fix with a sharpie marker and ones that he used a brush (or something) to add ink in spots on the shirts. Sorry for the long post but I don't want anyone else to become victim of his sub-par workmanship and lies.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. speedmedia

speedmedia Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Wow that is pretty **** poor. Haven't seen a screenprint job that bad in a long time...

Thanks,
    Kurt

3. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

Yikes.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Yow! Haven't used them...but not cool to pull that move on someone.

5. davidcarr87

davidcarr87 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    wow...and i just sent this guy a message yesterday about pricing ...hmmm scratch that one off the list

6. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    can anybody recommend another wholesale printer

7. WDP

WDP Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Perfect registration 100% of the time is impossible but the other stuff WOW

8. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Looks awesome!!!

9. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Ouchy ouch ouch!

10. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
  11. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Atlas Embroidery.....

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Hit up Dennis. We have used him several several times throughout the last few years, and he always does great work and stands behind his product...even once when it was a lack of information giving on my part. Sorry Dennis!

13. Finishline Signs

Jul 3, 2008
    Crestview, FL
    Dennis is printing our replacement shirts this week.

14. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    who is Dennis, more info please.

Thanks
    JR

15. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    read post #10

16. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    ahhh thanks Jhill.

JR

17. blueben

blueben Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I haven't seen mess ups like that in a long time. Of course I stopped trying to screen print which alleviated 99% of the shirts with problems.

18. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    c'mon,, I mean,, finger painting to cover a mistake?

19. Finishline Signs

Jul 3, 2008
    Crestview, FL
    Yea Pat, I tried to give him a shot to take care of it. If he had fixed everything right the first time I probably would have give him another shot. But instead each time he "fixed" the shirts most of them looked worse and then we got the ones with ink brushed on them and the sharpie outlines. What hurts the most is that this was a first time customer and now most likely a one time customer thanks to his quality and not taken care of his bad work. I guess we should have charged a little more for the shirts and went with another printer, live and learn.

20. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    thats the killer (graphics). now the client knows you are subbing them out more than likely. which translates in their mind to higher prices, unknown quality and chances are they wont return. thats a bummer. hurts to hear when an sub damages their clients biz.

21. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    He KILLED those shirts

Wow, that's some messed up work! I have a job now and emailed this guy last week, was going to place an order, NOT NOW!

We all make mistakes, but when ever I do, I do my BEST to fix the mistake, sometimes you have to redo the job and eat the loss.

The name Killer Graphics is right on, he KILLED those shirts!

Like they say, a photo is worth a 1000 words, the photos tell all!

:goodpost: