• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Merchant Warning - Killer Graphics

You got what you paid for!

It's true, I chose him over D&T Graphics because they were cheaper and closer. I did look at his website at shirts he had done and they all looked good, but so did the pictures of my shirts that he sent me. He can obviously do a good job but only on about 55% of the order. He also blamed my customer for being picky!

killergraphics

You did agree with me on the picky part.

No I did not charge a rush charge and he did not send the 2% extra shirts a contract printer ask for.

I knew this was coming after paypal turned down his claim.

So you guys just have fun.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not defending one or the other here.

There's always two sides to a story and then there's the truth somewhere far from the middle.

I hardly think this was the way to handle your problem Finish. Seems you had already solved your problems by going to Dennis. No need to drag this through the boards. Dennis is a great Merchant Member, but to air your dirty laundry like this... is rather puny.

There were many other avenues you could've used to accomplish your problems. Good business people don't handle their mishaps this way. You really got you point across, but you also made a mess out of possible future work with killergraphics. If it wasn't all his fault, you should come clean. Try to keep emotions and name-calling out of it.

You did agree with me on the picky part. Yes in the email I told you they got picky on some of the shirts but that 95% of them were really bad as is obvious from the pictures I posted. I have about 30 more photos as well as about 70 shirts as evidence of your sloppy work.

No I did not charge a rush charge and he did not send the 2% extra shirts a contract printer ask for. Rush job or not the job was lousy. I told you when I ordered the shirts to let me know if I needed to pay a rush fee. Charging anymore than you did for these would of just made thangs worse. As far as the 2%, everytime I asked you a question before ordering you refered me back to your "Contract Price List". No where on it does it say to send 2% more shirts. You need to amend it to ask for 45% more shirts so the customer may get enough good ones. None of this has anything to do with the quality of your work.

I knew this was coming after paypal turned down his claim. Paypal only turned the claim down because I supplied the shirts which means all you provided was a service not a product, but I expect you know that. This was coming either way, it's what happens when you provide the kind of work you do.

So you guys just have fun.

I am sure you are used to this problem though, I can't be the only one who has gotten work like this from you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Chit, Doug. Wish I would've seen that before I posted................. :ROFLMAO:

I'm not defending one or the other here.

There's always two sides to a story and then there's the truth somewhere far from the middle.

I hardly think this was the way to handle your problem Finish. Seems you had already solved your problems by going to Dennis. No need to drag this through the boards. Dennis is a great Merchant Member, but to air your dirty laundry like this... is rather puny.

There were many other avenues you could've used to accomplish your problems. Good business people don't handle their mishaps this way. You really got you point across, but you also made a mess out of possible future work with killergraphics. If it wasn't all his fault, you should come clean. Try to keep emotions and name-calling out of it.

Gino, I am trying to prevent this from happening to someone else here on the fourm. I tried to get a refund through paypal to cover replacing the shirts but since I supplied the shirts he didn't supply a product and therefore I have no claim. I have handled this between myself and him but he keeps sending me the same shirts with reprints trying to cover his original crappy work. He tells me that he is replacing the shirts but I get the same one back. I don't understand how his lousy printing can be any part my responsability. The shirts that the customer was picky about were excepted the second time, if he didn't make them worse. Either way if you find the quality of the shirts in the photos acceptable I have about 70 of them here if you would like to buy them. I'm sorry you don't think this was the right way to handle this but I do. It seems I have already saved some of the people who replied about thinking of using him the headaches I went through with him. That is the whole reason I did this.

anyone remember the last time this same Merchant Warning was given to us?

I do!

I found this after I did some research after the first problem. The funny thing is that before I placed an order here I did a search for Killer Graphics and did not find that thread. I found it latter doing a google search.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nah, I take it back. I don't like it, but evidently this guy has done this before and I guess it might be time someone tried to prevent others from going through what you did and some others. If it's happened to a few members, it probably also happens to other people off the street. I didn't realize he was a Merchant Member the first time I posted.

I would imagine going to the higher ups might help, but without a committee and driving force, their hands are also tied. Believe me, being a Merchant Member won't save his ass, but it does hold some merit.

Handling getting screwed is a tough one. Like I said, there's always going to be several views and opinions. 20/20 hindsight is tough to place at the front of every transaction, but it sure helps. Possibly getting a poll on various shops before entering into a contract might be better. All I can say is Dennis is top notch. You can't go wrong anymore. Just allow a little more shipping time.

Gino I did actually consider showing Fred what I wanted to post being that he is a Merchant Member here but in the end I went ahead and posted it. I did wait until Monday to post this instead of Thursday evening when I got the shirts. I thought a cooling off period would be wise.

Techman

There were many other avenues you could've used to accomplish your problems.

Such as??????????

this ain't the first time for Mr. Killer. Sorry ,, But,,

Fixing art with a sharpie? and finger painting? Goodness.

Charlie J

I had a similar problem with Killergraphics a couple years ago. Black shirts with a two color design of red and white. When I got the shirts the red was still tacky in some places and was bubbling in others. I called Johnny. He said he would re-print the shirts and send them to me free of charge. I had shirts later that week and they were in MUCH better condition.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Such as??????????

this ain't the first time for Mr. Killer. Sorry ,, But,,

Fixing art with a sharpie? and finger painting? Goodness.

If this forum didn't exist:
  • One can go to the Better Business Bureau
  • District Court
  • Louisville 36 Baseball Bat
  • Lawyer
  • Certified Demand Letters

I just used a letter of demand for a deadbeat vendor and I gave them 5 days to cooperate or else. On day 6, I got a call that they wanted to settle. Sure, but now it's the invoice plus $110 for filing fees. They said screw you and hung up. Ten minutes later, they called back and said Okay, we''ll send a check out for $XX.00 and we got the check last Friday.

I don't remember displaying the names or circumstances on the board from my little fiasco. I was close because this had gone on about 5 weeks in total, but I don't think that's professional. It is hard to prevent others from getting burnt and I'd like to explore new ways to do this for everyone in the future, both Merchant Member and customers alike. It happens from both sides.

This could be a very delicate topic, but one that could possibly work for all. Just having this category alone..... might make more honest people out of some. :thumb:

GP

all valid points gino....but:

This person is a merchant member on this site. I'm sure he gets a lot of his work from this site. This order gone wrong (i'm assuming) took place because this person has advertised his services on this site. That being said... Shouldn't the members of this site be aware of the circumstances? Like i said before, having to call someone out in front of others is never a good thing, but i think in this situation it was the right thing to do. (to warn other potential customers before they are put in this position)

yes.

(in this case, I think it is substantiated. but I can see a slippery slope)

Last edited:

parkedcar

I had a very similar issue with them. Pretty much the same problems now that i think about it. It was my one and only order with him. I went to D and T graphics after that and never looked back! They actually printed the same shirts for me later on, and the difference in quality was HUGE! Not to mention the shirts from KG didn't last long at all. I was very lucky that my customer was VERY understanding.
It also took SO long for the shirts to arrive, a reprint was not possible, and i ended up having to cut my losses and sell the shirts to the customer at a discount.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I agree with both of you, but before it becomes a mud slinging free for all.... we should have rules or an understanding about this or besides pissing off newbies... we'll be pissing off vendors, customers and just about everything in between every time something little goes wrong.

No question, what went down here on this thread is becoming quite clear its 100% true and it's happened to others, but if others see this method of taking care of business, it will quickly become the means to call everyone out for the slightest of infractions and that's what I'd like to possibly ward off.

iSign

Gino, your ideas of suggesting new rules, or judging how others handle their own approach to solving their own problems, is uncalled for & inappropriate in my opinion.

Sure, you are as free as anyone to judge this post, or the poster... but when you seem to spend more energy trying to dream up new rules around here, then you spend trying to adhere to existing ones... it falls short of being helpful in my opinion.

We're adults... we've heard about airing dirty laundry before... what makes you think you hold the influence to affect whether or not public grievances "will quickly become the means to call everyone out for the slightest of infractions" around here, and that by hijacking this post & judging him against non-existent rules, you are not as guilty as he for judging a vendor against a violation of standard business practices & common courtesy?

signmeup

33 members and 5 guests are viewing this as I write. Seems to me if you're a vender here you better keep your nose clean.

iSign

33 members and 5 guests are viewing this as I write. Seems to me if you're a vender here you better keep your nose clean.

has anyone noticed the popularity of social marketing?

has anyone read why this is the new trend in our increasingly small global marketplace?

this communication age is amazing, and as a result, consumers can enter the discussion with manufacturers better then ever before, and we can start the discussions too... remember that youtube video of the song "United breaks guitars"?

I do not think it is inappropriate to call out a merchant for poor quality & poor communication!

Last edited:

Letterbox Mike

As a merchant member here and a member who also seeks out vendors here, I have no problem with this. If I screw up a job, so be it, it happens. But if a customer makes every reasonable effort to get the goof-up fixed and I either half-ass a resolution or just dismiss the customer altogether, I deserve to be called out on here, as does any merchant. Now, if the client and the vendor were working together to mutually resolve the problem, there is no reason for this. In this case, I think it's needed. This is a tight-knit community and it is a resource for a lot of people. Those people need to know who is good and bad to deal with.