• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Misinformation about PrismJET VJ48/Mutoh 1204

JBarraxSW

Hello Signs101 folks! It's come to our attention that some of our esteemed competitors are misleading people about the nature of our PrismJET VJ48. So, in an attempt to clear the air, I thought I'd post a brief clarification.

Discontinued model? Some customers are being told that the PrismJET VJ48 is a discontinued model that's been out of production for over a year. The implication is that it's an old, obsolete product.
FALSE. The PrismJET VJ48 is essentially the 48" Mutoh 1204, which is now being manufactured only for select dealers. SignWarehouse has exclusive rights to resell this model in North America. These are new machines with the same basic configuration, specs, and print speed as the 54" 1304.

Can't find media for a 48" printer? Since the primary difference between a PrismJET VJ48 and a 54" ValueJET is the size, the competitors try to convince prospective customers that you can't find media for a 48" printer. This too is....
wait for it...
FALSE! This one is not only false, it's kind of nonsensical. Ever heard of a VersaCamm? JV3? Those come in 30" widths. There are more than a few of them in the field, as well as the Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr. (38"). And of course there are hundreds of 1204 ValueJET around. The point is, there is a huge installed base of printers smaller than 54" so the assertion that there is a dearth of ecosolvent media smaller than 54" in width is ludicrous. We currently stock 30 varieties of 48" ecosolvent media and over 70 varieties of 30" - 42" media. So PrismJET VJ48 users have over 100 options just from SignWarehouse.
(Speaking of which, we just added 5 new media products in a variety of gloss and matte; all available in 48" width; check ‘em out here if you're interested in good quality banner media at a great price)

So basically, if someone tells you our 48" printer is a discontinued model, or that you can't get media for it, they've been misinformed or are not being straight with you.

You can read about it in detail on the recent update to www.Signmythbreakers.com

P

ProWraps™

just out of curiosity, i see you mention that the prism jet is the same speed as the 1304. why is there a $3000 upgrade to "increase the speed"? which speed is the same speed? the original or the $3000 upgrade.

JBarraxSW

We have two options: a bare bones version which is slower than the 1304 and the one with the speed upgrade which is rated the same as the 1304. These days most people choose the one with the speed upgrade.
It's not a $3,000 upgrade by the way. The total difference between the two packages is $3,000, but that also includes ink and cleaning cartridges. The speed upgrade by itself is only $995.00

P

ProWraps™

ah thats what i thought. you should make that more clear in your advertising on your website as far as the ability to get the speed upgrade for $995. we didnt buy one from you to match our 1204 because we thought it was $3k for the upgrade (we bought our first 1204 from you when they were still available). we ended up buying a 1304 from fellers for less than what appeared to be the $12995 price of your upgraded prism jet.

1leonchen

i got a question why can u make shipping more affordable. every time i buy stuff for my printer or cut vynil i have to pay shipping. for example one rool 5 rools of 15 inch cut vynil by 10 yards is 30 dollars shipping. and yet still your competitors sell the vynil almost the same price or maybe a dollar more. with free shipping in the usa or atleast better shipping prices.

P

ProWraps™

fellers has never charged us for shipping once. not even for our printer. sw charged us $1k for our first 1204.

Last edited by a moderator:

briankb

Premium Subscriber
On the signmythbreakers website near the bottom there are a few print examples from the PrismJet and VersaCamm. I've attached the two samples currently on your signmythbreakers website, the file name indicates which printer was used.

Why does the Prismjet Extra C example look so bad compared to the VersaCamm example?

Attachments

• 720x720prismjetc.jpg
    720x720prismjetc.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 720x720versacamm.jpg
    720x720versacamm.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 129

JBarraxSW

I don't' see a significant difference between the two images you've posted. Since that print test was conducted almost three years ago, I don't recall what the settings were, but they were comparable. The main difference between the VersaCamm and the PrismJET EXtra C was not print speed or quality, but the difference in overall productivity caused by the ability to print and cut at the same time with the EXtra C system.

Both the VersaCamm and PrismJET are better printers today than what was available at that time. What remains constant is the difference in efficiency between an integrated printer-cutter and a two machine print & cut system.

JBarraxSW

i got a question why can u make shipping more affordable. every time i buy stuff for my printer or cut vynil i have to pay shipping. for example one rool 5 rools of 15 inch cut vynil by 10 yards is 30 dollars shipping. and yet still your competitors sell the vynil almost the same price or maybe a dollar more. with free shipping in the usa or atleast better shipping prices.

I understand where you're coming from. We've looked at our shipping policies several times recently and considered revisions. The problem is, with all of our packages being sent from two locations, shipping is a larger cost for us than it is for some smaller resellers. If we gave free shipping on all orders, we would have to raise prices, which we'd rather not do, especially when so many customers need to watch their pennies.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I don't' see a significant difference between the two images you've posted.

And there is a significant difference between the two images. The PrismJet either has issues or it's color range is very narrow. The color is much more defined as is the gradients on the VersaCamm example image.

Not that it really matters, I don't know what printer did either one.

The one on the left is the PrismJet and the one on the right is VersaCamm, also if you hover over each image it says the printed resolution and name of the printer.

P

ProWraps™

I understand where you're coming from. We've looked at our shipping policies several times recently and considered revisions. The problem is, with all of our packages being sent from two locations, shipping is a larger cost for us than it is for some smaller resellers. If we gave free shipping on all orders, we would have to raise prices, which we'd rather not do, especially when so many customers need to watch their pennies.

this is a cop out. fellers ships from all over the US. many different locations. and its always free. and they are cheaper than SW. which is why we spend a sh*t ton of money with them and no more with SW.

dont get me wrong. im not trying to shoot the messenger. as a sales guy, im just giving you very important feedback from a company that does spend quite a bit, and used to be 100% loyal to SW. becuase of the way SW runs their business, we no longer spend a dime. that sucks for you and the rest of the SW sales team.

1leonchen

this is a cop out. fellers ships from all over the US. many different locations. and its always free. and they are cheaper than SW. which is why we spend a sh*t ton of money with them and no more with SW.

dont get me wrong. im not trying to shoot the messenger. as a sales guy, im just giving you very important feedback from a company that does spend quite a bit, and used to be 100% loyal to SW. becuase of the way SW runs their business, we no longer spend a dime. that sucks for you and the rest of the SW sales team.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::clapping::clapping::clapping:

cdiesel

We placed our usual order with SW a couple weeks ago.. The only thing we order from them anymore is slitters to cut the vinyl off the cutters. I can't find 'em anywhere else!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

Stop, you keep setting off my bullsh1t detector.

First off I'll just put a few cents in this great discussion those 2 images no matter how old WAY DIFFERENT one of them could be sold with a smile the other would be sold rolled up and sure the customer doesnt know the difference but you should. I have been in 200 shops in my area and worked with or on there equipment and without being bias you got supply companies who both are selling nearly the same stuff one has 25 times the stock as the other. One supplier has had many issues selling equipment in the digital industry flip floping what they sale and what they support or try to support then you add on top of all of this the simple node of shipping if I wanted to be competitive in this market with the big dogs you cant charge thousands in shipping and you need to offer alittle better support. In my eyes the deal closer has to be what is available and what condition the product you buy is in. Take for instance one of you all say that you spend boookooo bucks with #1 supplier the other person says they buy a knife from #2 and still doesnt have it. If you buy ink it is time sensitive has a restricted shelf life and needs to be stored in proper storage at the supplier's warehouse, also vinyl, we all know what good vinyl is, that hasnt set on a shelf for 8months. If you buy printable vinyl your first question to yourself should be quality do you want a roll that has been properly stored and rotated on the shelf or do you want to buy a roll thats old and has been set on its end for months before you get it then you stick it in your 20k printer then it strikes heads and then you waste half a roll for 1 print. OUCHHH keep it real use common sense and dont believe all these pitch's.

Oh yes 1 more thing and then I will shut it!!! Productivity cant be the coop out every time you get a question on equipment. Yes we all know that pitch keep on keepin on and see were you get with it. Productivity isnt compramised with quality JERRY tell me why you use to sale the print/cut equipment then ended up selling the print only technology and dont tell me its b/c productivity be real. I know why you lost your distributorship with the print/cut manufacture answer the question truthfuly JERRY why would you sale Roland for a few years and then all the sudden change to the Mutoh is it b/c of productivity? I will see if you will answer the question I BET YOU DONT.