• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Brothers and Sisters

Al Checca

*Bump

Hoping the best for you Al! Sucks to hear bad news but people are rooting for you :thumb:
Yep you know what my brother Baz the past two days again have displayed by wonderful folks coming together and trying to help one another... Amazing and bone chilling to receive help from folks a world away...

I look forward to seeing ya at another meet real soon.. :rock-n-roll:

Al Checca

Update...

Well a wonderful friend called today and wants to stop tomorrow at 8 am and pay 400 dollars for my electric bill to keep us on. I am blown away how good things can happen. So I'm save for another month at this point.

I went over to the hospital today to have sonograms done on all four kidneys, not really much to pass along other than I had blood in my urine and that would be why I had to have it done. Of coarse no results just yet. If it's something I keep everyone posted. I could have to have one of the old kidneys out but we'll see.

Also big news tonight was an old time friend and legendary Pittsburgh Blues rocker called me back and is 100 percent in for holding a Benefit auction in March. He has been Rockin Pittsburgh for 40 years and Played with the Big names like Bon Jovi. Norman Nardin puts on one hell of a high energy show.
I have friends that want to have a silent auction right inside the door at the concert so maybe as I figure things out I can once again both folks here for a piece for the auction. As well as maybe run a 50/ 50 auction while things are going on. I had a hall donated before when we cancel the concert last fall and am pretty sure we can get it for when we want in March. I also had a funny funny Pittsburgh Comedian Billy Elmer offer last fall so I'm hoping the dates might work for him. Last year I learned trying to hold a benafit concert can be really tough getting dates everyone was open. So far I'm ok for a May show.

We might have 6 or 8 "Adults" willing to get checked and my daughter has 2 friends that have already called.. I think it is terrible to beg for money and a kidney and worse yet on the web but maybe just maybe it was meant to be.

Still feel scared and don't want to die but the past two days sure have been a bit more exciting. Norman call and helping do a show might help real well. Just have to figure out how to be a promoter now too... :rock-n-roll:

Think thats the news of the day...

Peace all...

Al Checca

Al I am too lazy to dig through old posts. Can you please post your email address for those of us who would like to help you financially via paypal, if I remember correctly Fred set it up last time but if you have a direct account please post it so all of us, your friends can do what we can..wish I was your blood type...unfortunately I am not but I know many of us are willing & would like to help you financially. I know you are always worried about everyone else, take the help we are all willing to provide.

if paypal is not an option let me know & I will stick a little good news in the snail mail.

hang in there...let's all pass the hat for our buddy Al,he is a great man who would give anything & everything that he has to a complete stranger in need.

Sorry it took so long, http://www.helphopelive.org/find-a-...m/patient/A94C8DDE-FF3F-65AB-CD90A457D09870A6 Donations can be made there or even good ole snail mail. Thank you very kindly. I really hate to have to ask.
A wonderful person stopped this morning and paid my electric bill for this month but I'm ashamed to say gas could get shut off and fridge is empty.
In the past few days I have met with friends and we are going to try to get a concert and fund raisers together. Thank you again.

SD&F

YOu go with those benefits or charity events by friends. They not only made me feel better for the help and support they provided for my friend Mickey, it kept him afloat for
almost a year with the donations and auctions. This is what you need to help you through the difficulty you are enduring right now. I will call you or send you a meesage back once I get word back on any information.

Al Checca

YOu go with those benefits or charity events by friends. They not only made me feel better for the help and support they provided for my friend Mickey, it kept him afloat for
almost a year with the donations and auctions. This is what you need to help you through the difficulty you are enduring right now. I will call you or send you a meesage back once I get word back on any information.

Yep i hear ya, we are trying this week to get thing started with the concert in May, If planned right with the silent auction and a 50/50 that should help keep the power and gas on maybe even a bit of food in the fridge. lol

Unfortunately my dirty laundry is all over the web but it had to be so at this point I don't mind putting out my address and cell number.

Al Checca
524 North Chestnut Street
Derry Pa 15627
724. 289.3775

Al Checca

Spoke with the transplant cordinators today

I had it explained to me today that folks that are not O positive still maybe able to donate. There are ways they can transplant not being O positive so any if anyone ever considered giving the gift of life they maybe able to help save my life.

This is what she had sent me in an e-mail today:
Mr. Checca,
It was good speaking with you this afternoon. Some things you want to include in your blog:

• State you case, why you need a kidney and what your kidney disease is from.
  • The donor does not need to have the same blood type. We participate in kidney paired exchange programs which alleviate the need of the same blood group between a donor and recipient.
  • The donor will not incur any costs for the donor testing, surgery and follow-up care.
  • If you are interested in donation please call our living donor coordinator, Meghan, at 412-359-4441.

For your information get on the National Kidney Registry website; http://www.kidneyregistry.org to learn about paired exchange progarnms.

Good luck and stay in touch!

Thank you everyone.

Al Checca

This might better explain things:

Good day everyone, I wanted to take a few seconds and explain myself and update folks as to what is going on as I know this grew and there was a bit of confusion.
My name is Pete Alan Checca, I am 44 years old and a kidney dialysis Patient in search of an angel that would consider donating for a life saving Kidney transplant. I have been on dialysis for over two years now and the dialysis process has been catching up with me.
I was advised by Allegheny General Hospital to try to find a living donor. I have found this such a humbling and humiliating thing to have to ask of someone. Somehow asking for a donation of a kidney isn’t like asking if I could borrow a cup of sugar.
I am trying to hold my family together right now and hate to have to ask but If you have ever considered saving a persons life this could save mine. I am blood type O positive but you could still donate if you are something other than that. I spoke with the transplant coordinators today and the one coordinator e-mailed me this to help share and make things more clear.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]I had it explained to me today that folks that are not O positive still may be able to donate. There are ways they can transplant not being O positive so any if anyone ever considered giving the gift of life they may be able to help save my life.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is what she had sent me in an e-mail today:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mr. Checca,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]It was good speaking with you this afternoon. Some things you want to include in your blog:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]State you case, why you need a kidney and what your kidney disease is from.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The donor does not need to have the same blood type[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. We participate in kidney paired exchange programs which alleviate the need of the same blood group between a donor and recipient. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]The donor will not incur any costs for the donor testing, surgery and follow-up care.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]If you are interested in donation please call our living donor coordinator, Meghan, at 412-359-4441.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]For your information get on the National Kidney Registry website; http://www.kidneyregistry.org to learn about paired exchange progarnms.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Good luck and stay in touch![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I hate to have to make a post like this but I’m fighting for my life right now. If donating wouldn’t be something for you perhaps you can help with a finiacial gift to help me keep the power on and my family warm and feed. At this time our world has been turned upside down. A donation can be made at http://www.helphopelive.org/find-a-...m/patient/A94C8DDE-FF3F-65AB-CD90A457D09870A6 In my name.
Thank you all for you time, consideration, and God bless..
Al Checca

zmatalucci

Al, not to pry too much.. But does the website you posted take a percentage of the donation? I only ask because I would like to see you get the full amount, and would rather mail it to you directly if that were the case.

Al Checca

Al, not to pry too much.. But does the website you posted take a percentage of the donation? I only ask because I would like to see you get the full amount, and would rather mail it to you directly if that were the case.

Not prying at all, yes they do. They get four percent on normal donations and 7 percent on Credit card donations. Yes direct donation helps the most but if a recipe is needed then better to go threw them. As for direct, no one know what shows up in the mail.
If you would like,
Al Checca
524 North Chestnut Street
Derry Pa 15627

724 453 4483

now after the first of the month I hope to set up another bank account and a private pay pal to it just for this situation but it might be a little while.

Great question and I don't mind explaining anything. Many thanks... Really, it helps and I'm hurting bad right now.

Al I have a couple of friends who are very vocal in regards to always encouraging everyone that they know to consider becoming organ donors,i have alerted them to this post as well as your story, I wish I could do more. Prior to your urgent need for a kidney you were a positive,inspirational person who was always willing to help anyone at anytime. Since we have all become aware of the seriousness & urgency of your need I can only speak for myself but you have only been a bigger inspiration...i simply wish I could do more as I am sure we all do, but as has been proven in the past in this community if many of us simply do what we can no matter the size of the gift...it adds up & it can & does make a difference for those who find themselves in a frightening situation in need of our care & support.

I encourage everyone who can help to do so,the size of the gift does not matter,together we all can make a difference & help a kind giving person in their time of need.

hang in there Al!

Al Checca

Al I have a couple of friends who are very vocal in regards to always encouraging everyone that they know to consider becoming organ donors,i have alerted them to this post as well as your story, I wish I could do more. Prior to your urgent need for a kidney you were a positive,inspirational person who was always willing to help anyone at anytime. Since we have all become aware of the seriousness & urgency of your need I can only speak for myself but you have only been a bigger inspiration...i simply wish I could do more as I am sure we all do, but as has been proven in the past in this community if many of us simply do what we can no matter the size of the gift...it adds up & it can & does make a difference for those who find themselves in a frightening situation in need of our care & support.

I encourage everyone who can help to do so,the size of the gift does not matter,together we all can make a difference & help a kind giving person in their time of need.

hang in there Al!

Thank you for the upbeat words for sure, I am fighting several battles for sure one being me, and the second if I can improve or help with the awareness then I'm all for having my personal info all over the web and being the poster guy for organ donation awareness...
I am any one of us, went to work did what I could, tried to help others out when I could and bam, the train of life derailed. I think organ failure should be like breast cancer and all the other that have funding.

Anyhow many thanks, we have maybe 12 or so making it threw the testing process and lost a couple due to health reasons so far, just have to keep going and gathering more.

Al Checca

Maybe 12 or more willing to get checked so far... Thank you all I would never say names unless like Gino he don't care but I got a couple calls and messages that a few from her offered, if they would like to share there name then it's cool with me but I won't out of respect for them.

signage

Bump this up for the weekend crowd!

Al has alway been a helping person that could sure use some help at this time! I know if anyone ever had a question or needed a hand Al would definitely try to assist you!

Al Checca

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just for the point of talking, My wife wants to do a can drive , where we cover old coffee cans and the are on the counter of the drug store or pizza shop etc.

She is working with a couple guys from our fire hall to do a ticket that's goes off every 2 months. Maybe a strip ticket that we can run every two weeks?

I have a wonderful Legendary Pittsburgh Rocker to donate his time, (we hope in May) http://normannardini.com/index.htm
So we'll have a benefit concert an as folks come inside we want to do a silent auction (Arnold Palmer the golfer donated signed items so far, hair place donated gift certificates, etc. Then as the show is going on we figured we could get a 50/50 raffle going...

So disabled graphic designer and sign maker gone full time fund raiser to keep food in the fridge and heat on , roof over head ... blah blah blah...

Welcome anyone's thoughts or if anyone needs to know something feel free to ask.

Oh yeah and on top of all that I have been throwing up for 3 days and have blood in my urine, what I make (no urine output) ... No time to be sick, not aloud...
[/FONT]

Jillbeans

I feel so bad for you Al, but I admire your gumption.
Someone PMd me on FB suggesting that we do a panel auction at the concert.
I myself unfortunately do not have time to coordinate or organize such an event but I do know an auctioneer you can ask.
I'd be more than willing to do a few panels whether it be for a regular or a silent auction.

Al Checca

I feel so bad for you Al, but I admire your gumption.
Someone PMd me on FB suggesting that we do a panel auction at the concert.
I myself unfortunately do not have time to coordinate or organize such an event but I do know an auctioneer you can ask.
I'd be more than willing to do a few panels whether it be for a regular or a silent auction.

Ya know Jill I'm doing the same thing we are would do to try to stay alive.
I was just wondering myself if I could talk a couples. folks into doing a panel for the silent auction, I myself want to get all kinds of things for the auction, Love to see the table over flowing with really cool Items....

Try to raise enough dough to pay for very basic bills and help with the co pays of the meds.

SD&F

Al, This is Sarah again. What can we do to help you. I am down here in Georgia. I left a message for Mickey and I am waiting to see when he gets back to me on any helpful thoughts. In the mean time can we donate a sign for the raffle? Maybe some of the signs101 folks could sell tickets. They tell me what they want and we design(or them) and you get the monies? WE CAN SB, CNC, V-groove....whatever.

Al Checca

Al, This is Sarah again. What can we do to help you. I am down here in Georgia. I left a message for Mickey and I am waiting to see when he gets back to me on any helpful thoughts. In the mean time can we donate a sign for the raffle? Maybe some of the signs101 folks could sell tickets. They tell me what they want and we design(or them) and you get the monies? WE CAN SB, CNC, V-groove....whatever.

I think it would be wonderful to have some panels donated, art, fine line, golf leaf.... Something that can be hung in a man room or home bar. Actually any kind of item you can ship up here to be used in the silent auction would be fine. I need to gather every item I can for the auction, If I get something really big then maybe I can do a raffle that night for it, maybe a door prize and a thank you for coming kind of thing.

As for selling tickets I have enough pals from civic groups that I feel good about moving tickets.

Al Checca

I wanted to share this with you guys, my daughter wrote this last fall before we were had to cancel our fundraising effort...

Alan Checca is an audacious man who is in chronic renal failure, and has been fighting for his life for the past twenty four years. Through the years, my dad, Alan has gone through many nights being hospitalized as well as hefty handfuls of medications multiple times daily. Alan spends his days three days a week on dialysis for four hours, and the opposing days recovering from the treatments. He is doing reasonably well on treatments, but is incapable to work. I have just graduated high school, and am truly blessed that my father, with a bit of difficulty, was able to attend my graduation ceremony, even though due to this disease he did have to miss award ceremonies, concerts, and football games that I participated in.
Despite all of these complications and challenges, Alan has supported the community for twenty years doing volunteer work. The volunteer work he chose to participate in was public safety, risking his own life to save the lives of strangers, when he also needed a helping hand. This is where I am asking you for your help, my family cannot due this alone. If we all join together I know we can make this happen and save my dad’s life. I cannot stress to you enough, this is a life and death situation and all help would be appreciated.
A benefit concert and silent auction is being organized for the event. The purpose of this concert is to raise money for before and after care with the transplant. Any and all donations will be accepted and greatly appreciated, donations could include but not limited to food trays, gift certificates, or any items that can be used for the auction or to make this event successful.
Sincerely,
Jess Checca

sd&f 1st off MAD PROPS you have earned my respect big time and I will promote your services more aggressively to all of the sign companies that I work with in regards to the services that you offer for being so compassionate to a member of our community in need.

I think you are on to a great idea , if you are willing sd&f to donate a sign to sign people something like offering an x$ dollar amount credit that allows you to cover your costs & the proceeds/profit to go to our signbro in need...i bet that others who offer products ans services to the trade would be willing to do similar things.

Fred,admins? Any ideas on how we could go about this ? I would be willing to offer consultation,web content creation, marketing services with the profits going to Al if we could figure out a way to make this happen. I've also talked to a few wolesale providers since reading Sarah's post who would offer wholesale printing of an order of yard signs or banners with the profits donated..we just need to find a vehicle to make it happen. Knowing the amazingly generous nature of many of our community I have to assume there are many others that would also contribute for such a worthwile cause & such an amazingly kind,generous member of our trade who could use our help.