• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Brothers and Sisters

Al Checca

Forgive me it has been so long since I checked in with everyone, some that follow facebook have seen what was going on. I wanted to repost my facebook post to bring everyone up to speed.

Alan Checca

Having a bad time... if anyone is o + and ever thought of literally saving a persons life I could sure use the help....
I know it's an odd post but anymore I'm really scared anymore and think I'm coming unwound more than "normal".....

y-2LR9eyI1L.gif

This was my day today there are a couple other threads on facebook from friends trying to help. I wanted to share this here with Fred's permission if you don't mind Fred.

Peace guys and gals...

Border

Bump for you Al, hoping that someone who knows someone that may be able to help you!
You have been fighting hard, I know, from watching over the last year or two at least. Best wishes!

Al Checca

Bump for you Al, hoping that someone who knows someone that may be able to help you!
You have been fighting hard, I know, from watching over the last year or two at least. Best wishes!

Many thanks, thought everyone might want an update, not much of a good one but an update non the less.

So humiliating to beg on face book for funds and a kidney..... Not really like a cup of sugar.. lol

I miss my work and my pals here.... The list goes on and on... :thumb:

Al Checca

Al you are a GREAT man & a true INSPIRATION. You should never feel an ounce of shame. Hang in there buddy.

I appreciate that but begging just is so rotten, no power bill money, no internet, no truck.... Everything striped away...

Thank you Sg. Good folks are whats keeping me going right now... Thank you.

SignosaurusRex

Al, You know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I don't do the Facebook thing, so, thanks for the update here. My oil is no match, sorry bro. We been having some wild scarey rides huh!

Jillbeans

If we all keep posting about it maybe someone out there who can help will decide to help. It can't hurt!
Love....Jill

Al Checca

Al, You know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I don't do the Facebook thing, so, thanks for the update here. My oil is no match, sorry bro. We been having some wild scarey rides huh!

That we have my friend! Talk about freaked out, standing there going to the bathroom and looking down and seeing bright red blood.... Like hey that's not good!
You sure have or had your roller coaster ride as well...

Al Checca

Hey Al,
O- no good?
Not sure Mike, maybe.... The donor lady won't talk to much with me because they don't want the person reviving to be pressuring the donor to donate.
Maybe if you would like call Megan if you have time and ask? Thanks so much Mike.

Al Checca

If we all keep posting about it maybe someone out there who can help will decide to help. It can't hurt!
Love....Jill

Jill your awesome! You by far one of my biggest cheerleaders and I appricate it so much. You know where I'm coming from and this begging thing isn't for me, so humiliating and degrading...
Thank you from the heart Jill, thank you all...

Over to the hospital today at 2 to have sonograms done on 4 kidneys and see if i sprung a leak somewhere... :corndog:

Reduced to begging on facebook and the web..... Unreal.. And Social Security is sitting on 12 to 15 grand that could help level me out but review after review....

Last edited:

SD&F

Hey Al, I don't know you but my thoughts and prayers are with you. One of our dear friends Mickey had been going through this for about 8 years, we did fund raisers and everyone pitched in to help. We thought we had a donor and he backed out at the last minute. He finally got his done last year and has ups and downs. One of our best friends TIM gave a kidney to his brother last year and they are both doing well. I will contact him to see if there is anything I can do here in Georgia. BTW, there is nothing to be ashamed or sorry about. You are strong and hanging in, that is exactly what you need to do.

Al Checca

Hey Al, I don't know you but my thoughts and prayers are with you. One of our dear friends Mickey had been going through this for about 8 years, we did fund raisers and everyone pitched in to help. We thought we had a donor and he backed out at the last minute. He finally got his done last year and has ups and downs. One of our best friends TIM gave a kidney to his brother last year and they are both doing well. I will contact him to see if there is anything I can do here in Georgia. BTW, there is nothing to be ashamed or sorry about. You are strong and hanging in, that is exactly what you need to do.

Thank you for sharing that Sarah! Love to hear the good stories. Just so damn degrading to beg from folks cause I can't provide for my own family. So many walls every time I look around.
Again thank you. :cool:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Al................. the signpainter's pal...................

Sorry, but I don't do the facebook thing either, so I wasn't up-to-date. Sorry to hear of these latest problems. My wife just called my doctor for a prescription so I can get a blood test done. I don't remember or know what my type is. I know my stuff has been used pretty hard, so it's either well trained or almost used up. I don't know the procedures, but if I'm your type... and don't take that the wrong way.... I can probably do it.... seriously.

I have some ailments and if they don't interfere.... maybe we'll get together.

The last thing is... I'll have to ask my doctor if I can get around on one kidney with the amount of strain I put on it. :thumb:

Again, I don't know the type yet, but I do know it'll be at least 100 proof.......:rolleyes:

Al Checca

Hey Al................. the signpainter's pal...................

Sorry, but I don't do the facebook thing either, so I wasn't up-to-date. Sorry to hear of these latest problems. My wife just called my doctor for a prescription so I can get a blood test done. I don't remember or know what my type is. I know my stuff has been used pretty hard, so it's either well trained or almost used up. I don't know the procedures, but if I'm your type... and don't take that the wrong way.... I can probably do it.... seriously.

I have some ailments and if they don't interfere.... maybe we'll get together.

The last thing is... I'll have to ask my doctor if I can get around on one kidney with the amount of strain I put on it. :thumb:

Again, I don't know the type yet, but I do know it'll be at least 100 proof.......:rolleyes:

Gino my brotha you are a saint no matter what folks say... lol You just might want to call Megan and see what we need to do for testing, I haven't been threw the process yet with a "living donor" I think I have been on the list for over two and a half years now wait for a cavort donor and it could be up to 5 to 7 years of waiting and the kidney they say will only last 5 to 7 years (But my last 2 lasted 12 years so what do they know) But with a live to live transplant they say it could last me up too 20 years, much greater success with live to live.
I think it is a hell of a thing to ask someone or of someone but I have no choices anymore. Little things become big things. So the real deal who know if I can wait 5 to 7 years... Body starts failing and who know what can happen. One of those hard to say things my last 2 lasted much longer than normal so it is possible that the next transplant could last a lifetime.
Whew anyhow how do you go on the net and beg for money and a kidney.... it clearly is humbling and humilating degrading and all the above but it is what it is... I'm trying to hold my family together and keep a warm house and food on the table, sorry to say no extravant vactions or a summer home or fast cars and bikes just warm and food is all.
Like I said it is what it is..

Anyone interested in thinking or considering a donation should contact : Megan Henderson at Allegheny General Hospital 412 359 4441 and it starts with a simple blood test, all costs are covered by my health insurance and no cost to them. I can't begin to thank everyone enough for even considering such a thing but it truly would be a "Gift of life"

Gino man we kid with each other but from the heart man, thank you for even considering it. We'll see what happens. You da man...

Baz

*Bump

Hoping the best for you Al! Sucks to hear bad news but people are rooting for you :thumb:

Al I am too lazy to dig through old posts. Can you please post your email address for those of us who would like to help you financially via paypal, if I remember correctly Fred set it up last time but if you have a direct account please post it so all of us, your friends can do what we can..wish I was your blood type...unfortunately I am not but I know many of us are willing & would like to help you financially. I know you are always worried about everyone else, take the help we are all willing to provide.

if paypal is not an option let me know & I will stick a little good news in the snail mail.

hang in there...let's all pass the hat for our buddy Al,he is a great man who would give anything & everything that he has to a complete stranger in need.