• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Billboard design feed back ASAP!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is this gonna be LED's or posted ??

That will make a huge difference in how people will see it... especially at night.

I might add, I'm no fan of the LED billboards.

Just saw that one...... you're still using the word 'WRAPS' and for the most part, no one really knows what that is to begin with and you've used it twice. Without some sort of picture, they might be thinking of a wrap sandwich.... or a wrapped electric can.... or even a singer in some rapper band with a play on spelling. You might even be a Christmas Wrapping store. Too many possibilities. Climb out of your head and look at all the signs you see and what attracts your eye to which ones and why. How much do you really comprehend in a simple drive-by ?? Now, for a test, take a buddy with you while driving and ask him to tell you what he sees. See how many billboards he points to and if he/she does.... why, what made you see that one ?? Don't hint around at what you're doing, but if he knows you're in the sign business, he might look at signs on purpose, but see if he notices billboards. Like said.... they're real job is for logo or customer reinforcement.

Again, you only have 2 or 3 seconds and with that much confusion, I think you need less words and a great picture, but not both web and phone. One or the other.

HulkSmash

Thanks everyone for the free advice. I WILL take advantage of it! :)

Gino- NOT Led. It's a regular billboard with 8 powerful lights on it.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
looks 10x better than the first post. I still think that you should simplify the left a little more.

I think just "GET YOU BUSINESS NOTICED" or "DESIGN YOUR BUSINESS TO GET NOTICED" you don't need the period.

the telephone and web address is too big and needs a little more space; just make it a little smaller. I know you feel attached to you toll free but if you dropped it and spaced out your web address to fit the same (or smaller width actually). It would stand out even more and people who need your service will remember a web address much easier. Especially since your web address is so simple.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
This is a portion of a newspaper ad we did a few years. I always thought it would be better on a billboard. I can't afford one, so someone should use it. Feel free to rearrange - or not use it at all. No worries. :smile:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-21 at 3.55.25 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-02-21 at 3.55.25 PM.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 126

Billct2

It reads better. Could be simpler still, and a little more kerning room for the phone & web

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 137

qmr55

I know its your logo, but try it without the grunge on SIGNS & WRAPS. It is hard to read like that.

GypsyGraphics

maybe do it in three panels...
HERE • THERE • EVERYWHERE
show two forms of signs and of course for everywhere you show the vehicle wrap.

NO OTHER TEXT other than the logo (minus effects) and web address.

HulkSmash

maybe do it in three panels...
HERE • THERE • EVERYWHERE
show two forms of signs and of course for everywhere you show the vehicle wrap.

NO OTHER TEXT other than the logo (no effects) and web address.

I like that....I have a switch out in 3 months. I'm going to try something like that for the next one. I really want this to sit on wraps.

GypsyGraphics

I like that....I have a switch out in 3 months. I'm going to try something like that for the next one. I really want this to sit on wraps.
better idea... just the WORDS "here & there" NO GRAPHICS
HERE (obviously, hence the billboard )
THERE (meaning all the usual places)
emphasizing the word "EVERYWHERE" and have your shop wrap

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Retro - hey it worked with milk.

They may not know what you are selling but they might be interested enough to look you up.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• CS.jpg
    CS.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 99

HulkSmash

attached is a suggestion from someone who use to post here a lot.

I think it's pretty effective :Big Laugh

i miss this guy.....

Attachments

• billboard.jpg
    billboard.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 90

Dan Antonelli

Taking up on earlier post maybe - 'TRUCK WRAPS THAT MEAN BUSINESS' - Then logo sans mountain, and no grunge on logotype, and just web addy.

I'd actually prefer the headline to be more dominant than the brand. So for priority sake, its headline, call to action (web addy), then brand.

Techman

I guess what I said and Dan said had no notice.
I guess no one read the advice from that link I posted. It reinforces what Dan and I posted.

There is way too much going on with those panels to be used in a billboard. Do a squint test. Squint the eyes. Cover them so you cannot see out. Uncover them for 4 seconds. Re cover the eyes and tell us what you saw.

They must be...Simple. easy to read with no effects.
7 words or less. No effects. And a contact point.

Billboards are panels will be read by the same 8 thousand people on their way to work every day for a few weeks. After about 8 glances they will get it..

There is a huge company here doing multiple boards. They have just 4 words.
Name.. contact point and a one word audio logo printed on the panel. That is it. They are famous in the area and are very busy in spite of the economy. Their main source of leads is their billboard panels.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
When is plain and simple too plain and simple?
If your message does not stand out is anyone going to read or much less remember it?
Open up the white pages of any phone book (if these still exist) everyone is listed there no one stands out.
Members here used to scream at banner layouts that consisted of Red Helvetica letters on a white background - about as simple as you're gonna get.
I don't have the design chops to argue this but that has not stopped me before....

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Strong call to action
Without the background photo the text here would not have much impact.....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• interbest-outdoor-man.preview.jpg
    interbest-outdoor-man.preview.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 116