• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Peculiar things you keep around the shop

Border

S**t, I missed out on all the good stuff last night! Oh well, here's my contribution...

It's a powdered coffee creamer launcher/fireball/mushroom cloud maker.

Attachments

• 100_3132.jpg
    100_3132.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5544.JPG
    IMG_5544.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 68

RobbyMac

I'm a baller. :Big Laugh
If I get time I will get some pics of odd stuff's in our shop.

Attachments

• P12-09-11_09.35.jpg
    P12-09-11_09.35.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 102

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

Attachments

• IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 80

Jack Knight1979

I do.

During the shedding season. We don't pet Whittfield in the traditional manner. We more or less pat him. Keeps lose hair down. A solid stroke on that coat during seasonal shed time and it's "hair in the air".

We also have this brush called a furminator. It's a machined metal comb that just removes the undercoat (which is the main shedding fur on the dog).

It helps a lot. We don't have carpet at our house. He likes to roll around on the floor and it would clog up carpet like no ones business.

Thankfully our hardwood floors don't pull on his coat like carpet would. Our first apartment was carpeted. We vacuumed every to every other day. haha

Finally. Corgi's are the coolest dogs and the one problem is their shedding. You gotta' deal with it for the best dog breed there is.

Watch out for arthritis in his/her back as your dog ages. Whiffield has to be in pain meds 24/7 now, but he's 12. Still acts like a puppy when he's doped up.

Question: Does your corgi bark? Ours does not. He sings. He only barks maybe two times a year. When he meets someone new he sings. The person is afraid as if it's a warning, but he's just happy.

Curious if you've experienced this.

Enjoy!

Suz

Okay, I'll play...

This was a Christmas gift from my brother last year :loveya: He finds driftwood. No embellishments on this piece if you can believe it! I keep it in my Curio cabinet and sometimes people notice it, so it is fun when they do.

Attachments

• driftwood.jpg
    driftwood.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 61
  • driftwood2.jpg
    driftwood2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 83

RobbyMac

OK, as proud I am of my Donkey Baller Award, here is some more interesting stuff.
In these pics you'll find:
Frischs Big Boy sign, A bunch of Schwinn Bicycles, Galaga, Indy 500 Twin Video Games, Danny Sullican Video game, Slot machine, our Giant Crayola Crayon Packing Peanut Dispenser, An Old Triumph...

Attachments

• IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 89

Suz

Yeah, that Corgi is way too cute!

Okay, I'm adding another somethin' that my brother gave me. He is the best!
He likes to carve and has taken down lots of trees on his land. So, he came up with this thing for me... I drilled holes in it's head, if it's going to get a prominent space in my studio and if it is going to take up important table top space :) then it has to be functional!!! So, it holds many of my smaller brushes.

Attachments

• stump head.jpg
    stump head.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 84

phototec

Anyone remember these, state-of-the art at the time?

:thumb:

Attachments

• SyQuest Cartridge.jpg
    SyQuest Cartridge.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 85

RobbyMac

I am ashamed to admit I have no ideas what those are... O rings or something? Forgive my ignorance... What are they for?

Border

Yeah, that Corgi is way too cute!

Okay, I'm adding another somethin' that my brother gave me. He is the best!
He likes to carve and has taken down lots of trees on his land. So, he came up with this thing for me... I drilled holes in it's head, if it's going to get a prominent space in my studio and if it is going to take up important table top space :) then it has to be functional!!! So, it holds many of my smaller brushes.

Like that a lot! But tell me, does your bro partake in copious amounts of cannabis?

:Big Laugh

phototec

I am ashamed to admit I have no ideas what those are... O rings or something? Forgive my ignorance... What are they for?

And the winner is!!!

Yes, your guess is correct, it's a must have assortment set of "O-rings", you never know when you will need one in the shop, and there are so many different sizes (thickness & diameter), it's just makes since to have the complete set on hand.

If you need an O-ring and go to auto store or one of the BIG box stores, you could pay $1-5.00 per O-ring, however Harbor Freight has a complete assortment of 382 pieces for $9.99.

http://www.harborfreight.com/382-piece-o-ring-assortment-67554.html

I posted my photo, cause GG had the same set.

:rock-n-roll: