• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Peculiar things you keep around the shop

iSign

jaz or zip? can't remember

Syquest... predates Jaz and Zip by several years if I'm not mistaken...

no love for r2? haha

Dude, that is awesome!!! deserves mention for sure... I'm not a true SW fan... saw the first movie but don't remember... is that an accurate copy, or just inspired by r2d2?

6 freakin' years?? ...I hope it vacuums the shop or something besides looking cool?

signage

And the winner is!!!

Yes, your guess is correct, it's a must have assortment set of "O-rings", you never know when you will need one in the shop, and there are so many different sizes (thickness & diameter), it's just makes since to have the complete set on hand.

If you need an O-ring and go to auto store or one of the BIG box stores, you could pay $1-5.00 per O-ring, however Harbor Freight has a complete assortment of 382 pieces for $9.99.

http://www.harborfreight.com/382-piece-o-ring-assortment-67554.html

I posted my photo, cause GG had the same set.

:rock-n-roll:

Those O-Rings kit never/very rarely have the correct size needed!

Mike F

Hm, that was before my day then. My first computer back in '98 had a zip drive in it, those disks look pretty similar.

That R2D2 is freaking AWESOME by the way.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I do.

During the shedding season. We don't pet Whittfield in the traditional manner. We more or less pat him. Keeps lose hair down. A solid stroke on that coat during seasonal shed time and it's "hair in the air".

We also have this brush called a furminator. It's a machined metal comb that just removes the undercoat (which is the main shedding fur on the dog).

It helps a lot. We don't have carpet at our house. He likes to roll around on the floor and it would clog up carpet like no ones business.

Thankfully our hardwood floors don't pull on his coat like carpet would. Our first apartment was carpeted. We vacuumed every to every other day. haha

Finally. Corgi's are the coolest dogs and the one problem is their shedding. You gotta' deal with it for the best dog breed there is.

Watch out for arthritis in his/her back as your dog ages. Whiffield has to be in pain meds 24/7 now, but he's 12. Still acts like a puppy when he's doped up.

Question: Does your corgi bark? Ours does not. He sings. He only barks maybe two times a year. When he meets someone new he sings. The person is afraid as if it's a warning, but he's just happy.

Curious if you've experienced this.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice. I have not tried a furminator yet. Ryder is a little over a year old. He has a great personality. He does bark. I don't think he sings though.

He loves rawhide bones. He'll toss them in the air and chase after them to keep himself occupied.

GypsyGraphics

darn it Flame... i thought you said you were posting this in the After Hours Forum. :doh:

if we're behaving ourselves...

here's a favorite thing of mine, which hangs right outside my office.
it belonged to my grandmother and i'm sure at one time, this French bond was worth some interest in the Panama Canal.

it's a raggedy ol' mess, but i still love it.

picture.php

Last edited:

Jack Knight1979

Thanks for the compliments on my droid guys. :U Rock:

It is pretty much spot on 100% accurate. I've been involved in a R2 Builders community for over a decade and this is my second and hopefully final build.

He doesn't do more than what he did in the video. My friends have droids that do the 2-3-2 leg conversions (like in the movies) and have all the probes that pop out of him as seen in the movie.

I however. Have two kids and a small business to run. I don't have that kind of time. When I start working on projects my wife gets kinda' irritated.

He's been to my kids pre-school and I would like to get him to a children's hospital for a visit as well.

He weighs around 150 lbs and runs on wheelchair motors so he's a beast.

I love that costume Robby. You did a great job. I would have killed for one of those when I was a kid.

This is what I'm working on now. The picture is not mine. I'm not that far along, but should be at this point by the end of 2012. (sorry the image isn't rotated on my machine. I don't know why it's rotated. )

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 66

RobbyMac

I love that costume Robby. You did a great job. I would have killed for one of those when I was a kid.

This is what I'm working on now. The picture is not mine. I'm not that far along, but should be at this point by the end of 2012. (sorry the image isn't rotated on my machine. I don't know why it's rotated. )

I was never much into halloween as a kid, but a few years back my son wanted to be an astronaut and noone sold astronaut costumes. Each year they get more elaborate. This year he was Tron (New legacy costumes. theres a vid for it on that account on youtube also). They are elaborate, but always on the cheap since he outgrows them so quickly.

I remember while researching r2d2, finding a site where guys were doing their r2d2 builds, and reading about all the machining being done. I was very impressed with the attention to detail.

That Batmobile would be one amazing build! If only I had the space for such a project! You should definately start a thread showing your progress (If you haven't already)

gabagoo

Thanks for the advice. I have not tried a furminator yet. Ryder is a little over a year old. He has a great personality. He does bark. I don't think he sings though.

He loves rawhide bones. He'll toss them in the air and chase after them to keep himself occupied.

I too have a year old Corgi that we rescued and he does the same thing. He tosses his toys all over the place then chases them. It's quite humourous to watch.
He really likes knawing on deer antlers and can sit for hours with them. Thanks for the tips guys about the furminator, I going to get one.

I can honestly say that more than a few Corgi hairs have been found in my laminations as he too comes to work every day with me.

here is one of his favorite positions...

Here is also a pic of the oddity here at my shop.
It is a Captain Kirk Plastic doll I found out by my garbage a few years ago. I decided to keep him...so what if his legs are missing!!!

Attachments

• max.JPG
    max.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 70
  • kirk.JPG
    kirk.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 60

Suz

Like that a lot! But tell me, does your bro partake in copious amounts of cannabis?

:Big Laugh

How the heck did you know he used to do a lot of that? Haha! It had a permanent effect (affect?) on him, I think! But then again, he was like that far before the partaking business. :) Guess he'll always be that way, doesn't change much. He is probably the sweetest guy on earth. Smart and creative. He builds airplanes too, built them out of wood in his earlier years. Now building them with metal. :)

By the way, I have seven brothers. Lots of stories there!

Suz

... this all makes sense now ;)

That is so funny!!! Yes, I remember hearing the news about the washed up feet with the shoes and the boots. Crazy stuff there! Crazier than my Crazy Brother! :goodpost:

RobbyMac, I love the kids costume !!! My oldest Grandson would absolutely flip over that. Fun!!

Quote:
Beats the pants off my kids costume I made 2 years ago... But it's the closest I can come up with...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvZ7MHpA7U[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Suz

Border, forgot to ask... What's that monkey business you are smoki'n?:clapping:
You are maki'n me giggle. You are the baby of 7? Hopefully not all girls ahead of you, that could be lots of trouble! My youngest is a boy with girls ahead of him. Poor dude, henpecked to death!

phototec

Doug, that is correct, the SyQuest was a great invention for us graphic artist in the mid 80's, I was using a Mac computer and we needed some way to transfer our large QuarkXPress and Aldus PageMaker graphics files to the offset printing industry, and this was about the only way back then.

We also used the SyQest removable hard drives as back-up and archive storage, I have quite a few of the 88MB cartridges, later they came out with 200MB cartridges, pretty sure I have transferred all the data from them to CD-R a while back.

FTP was very slow back then, and later in the mid 90's CD-R, ZIP and JAZ came along and SyQuest died out.

I'm one of those guys that finds it hard to get rid of the old, so I have quite a collection, still have my first Mac purchased in the mid 80's. Maybe it's a collectible now and I can finally get my $2,600.00 back?

:wavingflag: