• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help Us Find A Little Girl

Dave Drane

You are a nice man Jamie, and I only wish i was close enough to be able to do anything at all... May God bless you, and if there were only more people in this world as good as you are. Good Luck and whoever the body found is... It is someones baby which is very very sad... The laws really need to be amended to deal with these people who are a total waste of space.

knucklehead

Sadly to say, they just reported her little body was found in a Georgia landfill. It seems like it's everyday now, another child is gone, and that's just the ones that get reported.

signage

consequences need to match the crimes not what we have now! Usually a drunk driver or drug user spends more time in jail than the violent criminals!

signmeup

In a landfill?! The horror of murdering a little girl is bad enough but the disrespect of throwing that little girls remains in the trash is just beyond all decency. No punishment is severe enough. Beat whoever did this nearly to death once a week and let them wake up in a landfill.

rambo555

What horrible thing to happen to a child. I can even imagine how much this child's family is hurting at this point.

signmeup

Here is one that happened up here in rural Nova Scotia last year:

"Twelve-year-old Karissa Boudreau was reported missing from Bridgewater on January 27, 2008. Her body was found on the bank of the LaHave River two weeks later. Following a four-month investigation, police charged the girl's mother, 34-year-old Penny Boudreau, with first-degree murder. On January 30, 2009, Boudreau pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 20 years. Investigators learned she strangled her daughter because she believed the child was in the way of her relationship with her boyfriend."

The story doesn't tell how the mother pulled the girls pants down before she threw her body over the bank to make it look like it was a rape/murder. What kind of mother could do that and then go home and sleep at night (for 2 weeks) knowing her child was laying dead on a riverbank? She got 20 years.

Tharnpheffa

My heart goes out to that poor child and her family, and the neighbors who are holding their own kids close in sadness and fear. :(

cgsigns_jamie

It was indeed sad to hear that it was Somer that was found in the landfill. It's unconscionable to think another human could be capable of doing something like this. I hope they Sheriff can finish his investigation quickly and bring this person to justice so that the family can have some closure.

Once again thanks to all the great folks on Signs101 for your help and support.

Last edited:

TheSellOut

I am in awe of the effort given here by the great members of Signs 101!! It is an honor to be part of such a great community!

My heart breaks for Somer and her family and friends who are suffering over this tradegic loss!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I hate to even think this, but could the parents be responsible ?

More times than not that is the case . . . !

We've been talking about that all morning here. Did ya see HOW MANY registered sex offenders in the area they interviewed? Who in their right mind would let children walk to school with that existing situation? I'm sure the parents would give anything right now to have done it differently. There is an elementary school right across the street from my house. The kids walking to school have worn a permanent path in my lawn near the street. Rarely do I ever see a child walking alone without an adult anymore. We have a dozen registered sex offenders in our neighborhood.

jay*doc

No one likes to see things like this happen, I think it is horrible, and it really makes me think. We all wish we could do something and all want to help, no doubt. What really bothers me is that I can't help to think that someone may have seen her go missing and either A: Didn't realize what the situation was, or B: Didn't want to get involved. All I ask that in our daily lives, if we see something, and it does not look right, or down right suspicious, get involved, stay safe and call who needs to be called.

I myself can say I'm guilty of seeing something questionable, and writing it off, not getting involved. For instance, a child and an adult leaving Wal*Mart, and the child is screaming crying with arms outstretced to go back inside. Is that child crying because he didn't get a toy, or is that adult really not the parent? What do you do in a situation like that? Do you call the police and risk having a parent angry at you, because not only is their kid throwing a fit (which I'm sure can be embarassing), but now they are being questioned. Or what if you call the police and prevent the next child abduction, then no one would question your reasoning for making that judgement call.

Anyway, sorry for being a thread pirate, this kind of stuff really weighs on me.

jay

cgsigns_jamie

Just received this email from another local sign shop

We trust you have heard on the news about the local 7 yr old who was abducted from just behind our shop here in OP
while walking home from school on Monday. Unfortunately, her body was found Wednesday in a landfill where trash is
discarded. Everyone is heartsick over this loss and we want to show as much support as possible for this family and community
as we put this child to rest.

Somers favorite color was purple. We are working to coordinate an effort to line our local streets from her home to the church
where the funeral will be and all the way to the cemetery. I am not sure if this funeral will be Monday or Tuesday, so time
is very important.

We are contacting many flag, sign and tee shirt companies to help out in an effort to distribute as many purple
items as possible. Purple small flags on a small staff would be extra great but anything you have, including pennants or 2'x3', 3'x5' flags will be helpful. Nothing will go to waste. If you have the capability to print tees, coro signs or banners I can send you the print file this morning. The banners are 3'x6' and the coro are 24"x18" one sided standard and can be printed full color or just purple!

Banners & Signs has been in business in this community for 24 years and we take this personally. We feel like we must
show support for this hurting community and her family. We have been printing banners and signs all week long. All area
stores are out of purple ribbons and fabric. We have also printed over 25,000 flyers so far.

We will need anything you can provide shipped or delivered to us by Monday early:

Banners & Signs, etc.
Attn: Somer Thompson Flags, etc.
1495 Kingsley
Orange Park, FL 32073
904-272-3395
www.bnsigns.com

Any further questions call me personally at 904-269-9597/ 904-477-3632.

God Bless you and your business. Thank you for anything you can provide. We know times are very tough financially on businesses.
We feel we cannot afford to not do our part. We have an 8 yr old granddaughter and this has hit too close to home for us. We need
"Justice for Somer"!

Sincerely,
Jan Hartley
Banners & Signs/owner

Techman

Who in their right mind would let children walk to school with that existing situation?

Cant avoid em.. They are every where. They are in every community all over the world. Always have been always will be. Most of us do not know theye are around so close.

They in the parks, they at the game rooms, they every where.

slappy

sick, sick world out there. God bless the family(s) that have been affected by some sort of trauma like this. I couldn't. I'm sorry, but if anything ever happened to my son, i'd be lost and probably never see daylight again. I don;t think i'd personally be strong enough to continue my life without him. I'd always be missing him and wondering what he'd be.

Back to my post in the past, now is a perfect time to bring up the cell phone alerts. Please join. It's free and it could possibly help save a life.

www.wirelessamberalerts.org

Help An Abducted Child Get AMBER Alerts on your Cell Phone. It's simple, You go to the site and put in your cell phone number. You can specify the zip code that you're located in and you'll be notified via text message of any local kidnappings if info is obtained about the incident moments after it happens. You'll also get a description of that child and possibly plates and vehicle model. See that vehicle in traffic, or the child, you then call the authorities.

Your number is only for this service. You won't receive any unwanted text messages or calls. I promise

Last edited:

copythat

Proud to be here & Sadden by all this

Back in 02' I donated 15,ooo copies in search of a 12 yr old here in NY. She was found the next day. I truly believe that we are in a unique business to help those in need. Can we add a sector based on the unfortunate circumstance that arise like this present one. I for sure like to help capture the &*(^'s that hurt any child!!! Just like Somner's father stated. My daughter is everything to me. She is my life force.

God Bless Somner & Her Family