• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Protesters swarm to Capitol, halt session on Biden victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
years ago occupy wall street ran rough shod for months

they occupied portland for 180 + days. locals forbid the feds to intervene

conservative protest goes on forvabout 12 minutes SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE

tell me again about equal protection under the law...

it's very possible the conservative protestors are entirely in the wrong. I WISH THERE WERE SOME WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE.

the distinction eludes me. why isn't everyone calling this a "mostly peaceful protest"?

rossmosh

Donald Trump has raised north of $200 million post election. With $200 million + the Office of President + all of his other resources available, the guy couldn't make ANY headway in the courts, including in front of judges he appointed.

To put things simply, there is absolutely no evidence of widespread voter fraud or tampering. It didn't happen, we would know by now. You think Georgia, with it's essentially entire state government being Republicans, overlooked widespread voter fraud against the Republican President? Com'on now. Let's use some logic here.

The reality is simple: Due to Covid-19, more people were able to vote. Voter suppression in poor, urban areas, has been a problem forever. It wasn't a problem in 2020/21, and the results were quite predictable.

If you're not happy about it: Get more people to vote for your side. That's how Trump won in 2016. Through social media, with the help of companies like Cambridge Analytica, they were able to tap into and target a sector of the population that didn't vote previously but could be convinced to vote for Trump. It worked. He won the election after most polling data showed Clinton the favorite. Now what Cambridge Analytica was doing was illegal, but that doesn't change the fact that tapping into audiences and convincing them to vote for you is the job of politicians. Republicans just didn't do a good enough job in 2020/21.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Donald Trump has raised north of $200 million post election. With $200 million + the Office of President + all of his other resources available, the guy couldn't make ANY headway in the courts, including in front of judges he appointed.

To put things simply, there is absolutely no evidence of widespread voter fraud or tampering. It didn't happen, we would know by now. You think Georgia, with it's essentially entire state government being Republicans, overlooked widespread voter fraud against the Republican President? Com'on now. Let's use some logic here.

The reality is simple: Due to Covid-19, more people were able to vote. Voter suppression in poor, urban areas, has been a problem forever. It wasn't a problem in 2020/21, and the results were quite predictable.

No evidence of widespread voter fraud, you're either stupid or you watch CNN. Do some independent research it's not very hard to see how the election was stolen. OH that's right you can do research on it because it's been blocked or censored on Facebook, youtube twitter.... see the pattern.
Some lite reading-
https://www.sidneypowell.com/election-evidence-2020

https://www.scribd.com/document/489993941/Election-Fraud-Facts-Details#from_embed

rossmosh

That's evidence like there is evidence that the world is flat, big foot exists, and that UFOs are flying around on the regular. You have people making unverifiable accounts that do not hold up to a certain standard. Now that may be good enough for you, but that's not good enough for our courts system.

If there was evidence that actually backed this claim, one of the many Trump appointed judges would have agreed to proceed with the court cases. The reality is simply that the evidence doesn't hold up to a legal standard which is why the cases are overwhelmingly dismissed.

I know people are frustrated. They want this to unfold in a court of law. They want the evidence read out loud and it to be evaluated. More than anything, people want their voice heard. The issue is: Our courts have standards. You can file a case, but in order to proceed passed the initial stages, you need real evidence. Trump has basically none. Which is why the vast majority of the cases are being dismissed.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
the democrats have committed election fraud since before the civil war
they are offended that we point it out

vincent buglosi wrote, 40 years ago, about the "perry mason syndrome"
when he pirosecuted someone, the jury expected the accused to stsnd up snd shout "Yes and let me tell you why i did it" (like the tv show)
they didn't understand that defendants lie, and this made it harder to convict

rossmosh, i suppose the perry mason standard is the only proof you will accept, joe biden only laughs at us in private

we saw a years long effort to fix this election, in plain sight

laws and standard practices disregarded, all for the common purpose of. manipulat the vote, making audits, more difficult, making it impossible to verify that there is a. living, breathing, unique (and legal) voter attached to each ballot

they blocked observers, they destroyed and discarded envelopes so signature match could not be carried out, i could go on, but why?

rossmosh

This will be my last response because it's pretty clear we'll never agree, but what you're posting doesn't even follow the basic rules of court.

When you file a suit like these, included is at least some of your evidence and findings. The process is to put this under a certain level of scrutiny to determine whether or not it is a case that can proceed based on merit. Overwhelmingly, the judges have determined that the cases put forth do not meet those requirements.

As for the 1,000 affidavits, by all accounts, they are full of people making essentially signed complaints. Things like "I wasn't allowed to get close enough to see the votes" or "I wasn't allowed to go in a room that I wanted to go into" or "I saw a guy carrying out a box from the room and when I asked to see inside, they told me to fuck off." Of the claims that actually claim voter fraud, they cannot be verified or the source of information is not deemed trustworthy. Like I said, these affidavits are pretty much the same as the people who would swear they've seen big foot. While it's great they think they saw big foot, the reality is, they're not credible and they have no other physical evidence to backup their claims.

A lot of the Trump cases are not based on voter fraud. They're based on the legality of the changes made to the election process because of COVID-19. The arguments range from the verification of the mail in ballots, the verification of the dropped off ballots, whether they should have been allowed at all, and the timing of everything (for example, if a ballot was received after election day but mailed on election day or if a ballot was counted well after election day). Again, the vast majority of these cases have been dismissed, withdrawn, or denied.

The last point also is the basis of the case made by the Texas AG. Basically his argument was "Hey, we have rules in Texas we follow and other states followed different rules. How's that fair?" The answer is pretty simple: States run their elections and can determine how they want to do things. Texas has no right to tell Georgia how to run their elections. This was verified by the Supreme Court (including all of Trump's appointees). Alito and Thomas also agreed, but stated they would have allowed the case to be filed, but the results were a forgone conclusion.

In short, when you have a strong legal case, and you have money and power, you will not see the mass rejection by the courts like we've seen here. You can bring up left and right and liberal and conservative, but the reality is, these cases have been presented in front of Trump appointees more than once. They aren't interested because the case simply isn't good enough. You think they'd deny the President his day in court if there was a real case? That just doesn't make any amount of sense.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
This will be my last response because it's pretty clear we'll never agree, but what you're posting doesn't even follow the basic rules of court.

Good as there nothing to debate facts are facts, the election was fraudulent PERIOD. You like most have no idea what you're talking about an affidavit is evidence and can land you in jail if you made it up, it's also eye witness testimony. If no fraud took place then why will not one country allow inspection of the machines or ballots? I can go on and on, but you're right it doesn't matter facts don't matter, it's just our democracy and the right to a free and fair election. Welcome to the new America.......Comrade...

ikarasu

It's good that all these genius's decided to take so many selfies - Whether theyre Antifa, or trump supporters, or someone else... It's not hard to identify them. Peaceful protesting is one thing, trespassing on capital hill, stealing podiums, destroying equipment, stealing federal mail is another, and hopefully they get what they deserve.

Same goes for the BLM "Protests" - Peaceful protests are fine. All the rioters deserved to be prosecuted.

A lot of people are comparing this and the BLM protest - All I have to say about that is when I was 5, I was taught two wrongs don't make a right. In situations like this, political affiliation shouldn't matter - The reasoning behind it shouldn't Matter. If you broke the law, or endangered peoples lives... You should be treated equally no matter where you stand.

A few years ago up here in the less important land of Canada, we had a major riot because our hockey team lost the final game and didnt win the cup (Yeah yeah). A co-worker I've known for years...Great guy, never got into trouble before... perfectly normal guy didnt show up a week after. We saw in the papers he was arrested and identified from a video... turns out he flipped a car over and set it on fire.

He got 1 month in jail...served on weekends, and a $20,000 fine for destroying a vehicle. He got "caught up in the moment" and lost his mind. Of course he blamed it on everything he could and never took responsibility...someone drugged his drink, he blacked out and didnt remember... etc.

All it takes is one idiot to push down a fence and rile up enough, normal well intentioned people to turn them into a mob. But that still shouldn't matter... Everyone who broke into the capital and rushed police and caused them to barricade themselves with guns drawn need to face the consequences... democrats, republicans, antifa, or just opportunistic assholes that get off on starting riots.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
It's good that all these genius's decided to take so many selfies - Whether theyre Antifa, or trump supporters, or someone else... It's not hard to identify them. Peaceful protesting is one thing, trespassing on capital hill, stealing podiums, destroying equipment, stealing federal mail is another, and hopefully they get what they deserve.

Same goes for the BLM "Protests" - Peaceful protests are fine. All the rioters deserved to be prosecuted.

A lot of people are comparing this and the BLM protest - All I have to say about that is when I was 5, I was taught two wrongs don't make a right. In situations like this, political affiliation shouldn't matter - The reasoning behind it shouldn't Matter. If you broke the law, or endangered peoples lives... You should be treated equally no matter where you stand.

A few years ago up here in the less important land of Canada, we had a major riot because our hockey team lost the final game and didnt win the cup (Yeah yeah). A co-worker I've known for years...Great guy, never got into trouble before... perfectly normal guy didnt show up a week after. We saw in the papers he was arrested and identified from a video... turns out he flipped a car over and set it on fire.

He got 1 month in jail...served on weekends, and a $20,000 fine for destroying a vehicle. He got "caught up in the moment" and lost his mind. Of course he blamed it on everything he could and never took responsibility...someone drugged his drink, he blacked out and didnt remember... etc.

All it takes is one idiot to push down a fence and rile up enough, normal well intentioned people to turn them into a mob. But that still shouldn't matter... Everyone who broke into the capital and rushed police and caused them to barricade themselves with guns drawn need to face the consequences... democrats, republicans, antifa, or just opportunistic assholes that get off on starting riots.

i would agree with you, about EVERYONE being held responsible, and i am sure, so would paul..

HOWEVER, in modern day america, the statue of justice wears a blindfold so she can be easily HOODWINKED. ask james comey, for example. better yet, google bill ayers, if you don't know who he is. former weather underground member, responsible for bombing federal buildings, killing police. does he live in disgrace? barack obama tells us he began his political career because he attended a fundraiser at bill ayer's house. he is a democrat power broker.

look at john brennan, former cia director. his only qualification for the job was he watched all the oliver stone movies to see how a cia agent should act.

ikarasu,
whenever we decide we are serious about this equal protection under the law thing, WE ARE ALL IN. but not right now, please. now that the democrats have all 3 branches of government, i would expect show trials that would make joe stalin blush

Mainframe

THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN Plain and simple, my question? At what cost? When this all plays out, will it have been worth it? I feel God has turned his back on this nation. This is a dire situation for all. I feel a storm is coming. And all I wanted to do was make signs and play my guitar. I don't want to spend a zillion bucks on gender studies, I don't want big Gov, tons of regulations and imaginary climate panic, I don't want high interest rates and high taxes, but guess what, it's coming!!! You know, like what we had just a few years ago. The courts failed to do their jobs, they had time to address the fraud, But they get hung up on standing and latches, so where do you turn? I have no answers, like my son told us yesterday, all we can do now is pray. But make no mistake people, your country has just been sold to china, and you are going to pay for it. Oh it's going to be painful. If you voted democrat, remember, THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED SO YOU GOT IT!

ikarasu

i would agree with you, about EVERYONE being held responsible, and i am sure, so would paul..

HOWEVER, in modern day america, the statue of justice wears a blindfold so she can be easily HOODWINKED. ask james comey, for example. better yet, google bill ayers, if you don't know who he is. former weather underground member, responsible for bombing federal buildings, killing police. does he live in disgrace? barack obama tells us he began his political career because he attended a fundraiser at bill ayer's house. he is a democrat power broker.

look at john brennan, former cia director. his only qualification for the job was he watched all the oliver stone movies to see how a cia agent should act.

ikarasu,
whenever we decide we are serious about this equal protection under the law thing, WE ARE ALL IN. but not right now, please. now that the democrats have all 3 branches of government, i would expect show trials that would make joe stalin blush
I refer back to my quote "2 wrongs dont make a right"

Rome wasn't built in a day. It has to start somewhere - If Democrats protect their own or are stricter on Republicans... Maybe it'd take republicans not following in their shoes to start the whole everything should be equal.

I know Democrats get away with just as much crap as Republicans do. There were tons of riots and people deserving of being charged during all those BLM "Protests". Seattle being held hostage and them not doing anything about it was ridiculous...and I havent heard many charges come from that other than a hunderedish people got arrested... but who knows if the charges stuck, or if they got a slap on the wrist.

WildWestDesigns

A lot of people are comparing this and the BLM protest - All I have to say about that is when I was 5, I was taught two wrongs don't make a right.

While I don't like the fact that they stormed the capital building, keep in mind, the capital wasn't torched compared to the riots that went on for the majority of this past year (they kept going long after the traditional news outlets stopped reporting on them).

I hold the democrats responsible for fermenting this situation. It's only now that they are up in arms to do something about it, when they allowed and quite a few times encourage this action before with a lot more violent results. Only when they figured they could yoke it to their benefit.

The biggest thing is that nothing was heard in the courts. Nothing, the buck was always passed. That in of itself doesn't mean that there wasn't voter fraud (doesn't mean that there was, but it means nothing went through a legal process and bare in mind one "panel" did make the strong recommendation to decertify their votes). Air it out for all to see and no talking heads interjecting their own bias to it (as in media outlets). I find it one sided that we endured Russiagate, impeachment (both of which went nowhere, either there was nothing there, or they were incompetent and that was after one person saying that they saw definitive proof) but nothing here. It was all above board. We saw the last 4 yrs of the other side saying that Trump wasn't their president, yadda yadda yadda. And that was encourage by the dems as well, how do you think it's going to be now?

Most people would get on with their lives if they believed everything was kosher, but if they don't THINK it was kosher, how do you think a person will handle it? It may not be, I'm speculating here, but I have to think it's going to be a bumpy ride.

WildWestDesigns

Prices and demand for guns will increase now.

What are you talking about? They have been increasing since the summer. 5 million new first time buyers alone since the riots back then (based on first time background checks).

I have to wonder how many of those people were at least apolitical on gun ownership, let alone may have been against gun ownership before all this mess?

By the way, for those against guns of any type, shouting out "defund the police" takes away the actual biggest argument that "you" have to tell a gun owner that you have them to call on if something goes bad and don't really need to own guns. Of course, too police just setting back and watching because if they get involved, they will be persecuted doesn't help that either.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
just to clarify,
perhaps i never said yesterday. the protesters were WRONG.
there should absolutely be prosecutions, but, lets discuss when the prosecutions will start for new york, portland, etc

there was a leaked document from diblasio (i will admit, POSSIBLY FAKE, although no one ever went broke bettting on bill being stupid)
where they discussed turning all the new york protesters arrested loose,(bail reform, and all that) where they discussed keeping all the files active, in case they decided after the election to bring charges against arresting officers

Reveal1

The world is truly upside down; I actually find myself agreeing with ikarasu.

Status
Not open for further replies.