• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Random VersaWorks lockup?

jasonx

Hey Jason, any lock ups since then mate?

I've been lock up free since the above changes.

In addition to the above, I also put my pagefile on a different drive, and fixed the size of it so that it isn't made bigger and smaller all the time by the system (apparently this can fragment it and slow things down too).

I've been dealing with some big files the last week or so as well so it's re-assuring that there haven't been any lock ups/hangs.

I've had one crash. The only change I made was to change the preview setting in Versaworks to low.

I'll check my page file size as well.

Custom_Grafx

David that's great - Thanks very much - I'll be adding to the library.

You guys have great support docs. Much appreciated.

When I read it could be a resources issue, I started looking into ways of minimising load on the machine - the things I have mentioned above have sped VW up significantly. Especially changing the monitor proofing to low quality. The page file optimisation has sped up my system in general.

bayviewsignworks

Little late to the discussion here but what I found was when I do a big tile job you can only do a sometimes one tile at a time; even with RIP while printing on. I also find if the panels are too big for the media, meaning if you're in Clip/Tile and you're clicked on Manual (by default) the width size there in "W" will sometimes override the actual printable width (say if you're using 48" media and the max width is 47.25, the Manual width might be 47.56"). If you've only selected one tile to print and hit RIP and it gives that message, go back to Clip/Tile, you might find ALL the tiles are lined up to print again. Short story is sometimes it's better to use "Number of Tiles" (which acts more like "manual" to me) and set the number of tiles yourself. You don't have control over the media width but you know what you're going to get. Also, the overlap setting needs some extra width to work, meaning if you're pretty close to using the max media width you might need to make a smaller panel. I also toggle back and forth to "Job Management" as that gives you a preview of what is going to print, regarding the width.