• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Really getting bored now

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What are you doing from home? I would work from my office but nothing has come in this week, very few calls. I was already pretty clean and organized going into the this thing because February was kind of slow.

I did some day-trading yesterday but that is nerve-racking work and only made $250.

Some of you are still going to work living your normal lives. You'll soon be hit with reality when it comes. The rest of us need ideas of something to do.

StarSign

Everyday I think, this is the day we have nothing to do but then more work comes in. That being said I have a long list of home projects I am getting ready to do if the day comes that we are 100% shut down.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We have a staff of 9. We've implemented unpaid time off if any volunteers. We have 1 employee that has a "weak" immune system so 1/2 days and the income isn't an issue. Trying to split 1/2 days amongst ourselves but some are more reliant than others. Work has been steady though. Lots of virus related signage, commercial vehicle graphics, and boat registration andor name. More worried about my wife's job (hotel/time share) She has already applied at Walmart just in case and they've already contacted her. She had worked for them for years but that was a while ago. I saw my part time commissary stocking job pop up again on indeed. I quit that in December after nearly 2 years. The company was absolutely awful and unprofessional. You're required to stock a given number of cases per hour and it was a ridiculous amount. My aisle averaged about 150-350 cases a night. No bathroom breaks, locked in with only 1 exit that had 1 keyholder. That key holder had very limited mobility and was ,at many times, bound to a scooter. This was a union position too! Every other daty the supervisor would get us together and yell at us and say "You guys suck!, you're too damn slow".

WildWestDesigns

Finally have more time for a 2D platformer that I was working on for the kids. Having only one person working on it, that fills up the time pretty quick, between all the asset creation and coding. That is bookend with farm work (that never stops no matter what the crisis).

I still have a smidge of work here and there, but it is definitely down to a crawl now. The wife still has full hrs, just working from the house now. It started off that she was rotating one day a week going into the office, but now the building is under full lock down, so it's only telecommuting.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm going to be bored next week at work and at home. Wednesday night we played poker and Uno and drank more beer than we should have, felt good to relax and talk stupid. Yesterday lettered a trailer - turned out great. Next week finish up a few small jobs. Will clean, organize, catch up on book work, work on my website, that will all be done next week LOL

Does anyone else feel like life is at a standstill? I was never a real busy person with social events and the such but now, there's nothing...no friends to hang out with, no bowling or movies to look forward to. The kids don't have practices or friends over. It's a very strange feeling. I'm going to teach my family Cribbage, my boyfriend will teach us Sheepshead. Trying to think of new things to do as a family that we might not have taken time for before. Trying to avoid TV and video games.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is a good time to teach family and others the value of a good home family life.

One of the things that seems too come to mind is all the kids down in Florida acting so stupid. Where are THEIR parents teaching them..... values ?? Now, they're gonna be turned away and hafta go home and give all their elders possibly the virus. Why are the young so selfish ?? Only thinking of themselves , having fun and no one's gonna tell them what to do ??

Be grateful you have a roof over your head and food stocked away so you can ride these bad times out. This will all pass...... for everyone.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Social Distancing has never been a problem for me. Don't go to parties, clubs, bars, pubs, sporting events, etc. The most crowded place I go, out of necessity, is the grocery store. Hell even our barbecues are me, the wife and cats. I hate people in general. If it were up to me I'd live in the mountains and you'd need 4 wheel drive to get to the house. I'd run naked and ....

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
One thing I'm doing while stuck at home with the free time: cleaning and disinfecting all sorts of things. The headline saying 40% of those hospitalized for COVID-19 have been under the age of 54 was a bit unsettling. It's going to be one thing if finances get really tight from lack of business. But one of the last things I want is to wind up in the hospital and get my savings wiped out by a hospital bill. My hands still smell like bleach from the cleaning I did last night, despite all the hand washing I've done since then.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're a lotta fun, I can see. Ahhhh, what kinda mountains are around you down there ?? 65' above sea level is hardly a mountain. Even our Poconos are like 2,600 ft with some areas going up over 3,000 ft.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
upload_2020-3-20_11-26-55.png

Reveal1

Still working here, but if it comes to forced time off my two recreational passions are cycling and driving my modified Miata rather quickly on the back roads. With gas under $2 and the springtime roads empty, this will definitely be a silver lining to this dark cloud.

Stacey K

I like making signs
This is a good time to teach family and others the value of a good home family life.

One of the things that seems too come to mind is all the kids down in Florida acting so stupid. Where are THEIR parents teaching them..... values ?? Now, they're gonna be turned away and hafta go home and give all their elders possibly the virus. Why are the young so selfish ?? Only thinking of themselves , having fun and no one's gonna tell them what to do ??

Be grateful you have a roof over your head and food stocked away so you can ride these bad times out. This will all pass...... for everyone.
If I was one of those kids my mother would fly down there and run after me with her wooden spoon...