• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Really getting bored now

rjssigns

I'm really torn on some of this. I have a concrete business and a heating business that bought new vehicles and they want them lettered. My thought was they are essential and we can supply essential businesses with supplies to keep them operating however is it essential they have the vehicles lettered? The sign shop in the next town in 100% closed. Another is only open 2 mornings a week to full fill orders for essential businesses. I'm not sure what they are doing, would it hurt for me to ask them? I do have a relationship with them as I've often bought supplies from them.

I have yachts to do and getting pressure to get them done, but I'm abiding by federal guidelines and not traveling. Talked to my installer yesterday and he's also staying put. So there ya go.

Not sure if it will affect my relationship with the marinas, but there are way more important things to worry about.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Check this out...https://www.signs.org/essential-business

One bullet point that caught my attention was "Contact your local public health officials to let them know how your business has a safety plan in place and is serving “essential businesses.”

Also check with your local law enforcement to see what they have to say.

I was hearing rumors in our town that they were pulling people over and fining them, it turned out to be BS but I had to deliver Danger and Warning labels to an essential company so they emailed me their essential business form to print out and keep in my car and if I get pulled over, just show the form and the graphics that I'm delivering.

Baz

I was hearing rumors in our town that they were pulling people over and fining them, it turned out to be BS but I had to deliver Danger and Warning labels to an essential company so they emailed me their essential business form to print out and keep in my car and if I get pulled over, just show the form and the graphics that I'm delivering.

I agree with this.I have also printed the list of essential businesses and keep it in my truck. (highlighting the industries that i service)
I haven't delivered anything yet since the lock down but will have to in the coming days.
I will have a printed copy of the signs i am delivering (Fire Route parking signs, Various interior building signage: Emergency Exits, Eye wash stations, Evacuation Plans etc...)
Along with a copy of the respective purchase orders.
I think the more documentation you have the less trouble you likely to get.

I am the only person working in the shop. My employee has gone on voluntary quarantine and has applied for government pay relief.
Our provincial government (Quebec) has tightened the screws a little more with police monitoring bridges in my area going into Ontario.
We are pretty much one big city (Gatineau-Ottawa) with a river dividing it between two provinces. And the majority of my work is done in the opposing province lol.

I hope it doesn't get worse than this...