• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Really getting bored now

Stacey K

I like making signs
I guess it's a good time to stop chewing on pen covers...time to buy some gum.

Attachments

• IMG_3189.jpeg
    IMG_3189.jpeg
    902.6 KB · Views: 157

myront

CorelDRAW is best
30 single-sided 4mm coro signs due by end of business today

BEACH
CLOSED

PER ORDER OF THE OKALOOSA COUNTY
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND
96 TEST WING COMMANDER

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Business as usual here since my shop is at my home. I spent this morning in town stocking up on extra misc. supplies in anticipation of vendors having issues. I have enough inventory and work to do, I just need to make sure I keep enough shop supplies on hand to make it happen.

Without mentioning specific names, I was informed that a national manufacturer of industrial tape may focus their efforts more toward the medical side of their business making surgical masks. I stocked up on a year's worth of masking tape and other related materials just in case there's hiccup in their supply chain. If the national brand is limited, store shelves will clear out of the house brand, and then it's the same story as the other necessities we've seen disappearing lately.

I'm not trying to cause a panic, but how many other things (shop supplies such as tape, paper products, solvents, etc...) are at risk of quickly disappearing as they become diverted for other uses?

JB

Last edited:

rydods

Member for quite some time.
It's going to be race season here soon and I usually avoid it like the plague (no pun intended). Too much sponsorship crap. I'm thinking it may be a good side project if it doesn't get shut down entirely and if we're slow. Guy just picked up his stuff he ordered a couple weeks back and paid cash. :)
If this continues into the summer, I'm thinking of just locking everything up and finding a nice little camping spot out in the middle of nowhere to avoid everyone.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm using the downtime to attempt to train my cat to sniff out the COVID virus, as they do with dogs on some cancer wards finding melanomas before tests show anything. No good results so far. I have him watching CDC Youtube videos but every time I turn my back he switches back over to cat videos.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Just from my observations, something like that would have to be coupled with anxiety for that to happen.

In general, habits born out of anxiety are more destructive in nature. Again, just from my own observations.
I was kidding and also eat my pens. Theres a lot of life left in those caps

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I agree, she left the best parts untouched.

In general, habits born from the coca plant are hard to stop. ..That's just my exper...or observation.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I hope I don't need to counselling for my pen cap habit...just thinking with the virus going around it's not a good idea to put things in your mouth. When I do installs I put the squeegee in my mouth. I stopped doing that last month. If only I had more hands....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I hope I don't need to counselling for my pen cap habit...just thinking with the virus going around it's not a good idea to put things in your mouth. When I do installs I put the squeegee in my mouth. I stopped doing that last month. If only I had more hands....

Dont worry, everyone puts the squeegee in their mouth. I just haven't found a good place to put the knife...thing rolls all over the place. I'm lucky my head hasn't been cut open given the amount of times I've left it on a ladder step and it falls as I move it.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Dont worry, everyone puts the squeegee in their mouth. I just haven't found a good place to put the knife...thing rolls all over the place. I'm lucky my head hasn't been cut open given the amount of times I've left it on a ladder step and it falls as I move it.
LMAO!!! I did a trailer yesterday and by 4:00 I was ready to throw that darn knife across the room!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is one of the reasons I switched to Olfa snap blades. Unlike nice round, free rolling Xacto handles you have to work hard to get an Olfa stuck in your thigh or foot.