Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really getting bored now

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I guess it's a good time to stop chewing on pen covers...time to buy some gum.

Attached Files:

2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I never understood that habit..... and yet, so many people do it.

3. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    anxiety

• Like Like x 1
  4. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Quite a few habits are born out of that very thing.

5. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    30 single-sided 4mm coro signs due by end of business today

BEACH
    CLOSED

PER ORDER OF THE OKALOOSA COUNTY
    BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND
    96 TEST WING COMMANDER

6. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Business as usual here since my shop is at my home. I spent this morning in town stocking up on extra misc. supplies in anticipation of vendors having issues. I have enough inventory and work to do, I just need to make sure I keep enough shop supplies on hand to make it happen.

Without mentioning specific names, I was informed that a national manufacturer of industrial tape may focus their efforts more toward the medical side of their business making surgical masks. I stocked up on a year's worth of masking tape and other related materials just in case there's hiccup in their supply chain. If the national brand is limited, store shelves will clear out of the house brand, and then it's the same story as the other necessities we've seen disappearing lately.

I'm not trying to cause a panic, but how many other things (shop supplies such as tape, paper products, solvents, etc...) are at risk of quickly disappearing as they become diverted for other uses?

JB

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  7. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Don't worry, mine understand the spoon just fine. Well the 6 year old. The two year old is still too damned adorable!

8. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Back in my day it was the paddle with air holes. She whistled on the way down.

• Like Like x 1
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  9. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Yesterday while filling an order for 75 "no visitors allowed" signs, we roped the fab guys into the vinyl room and were having a grand ole time. I get a call and kindly quiet everyone down to answer just in case it's a customer. Nope, it was visa mastercard discover cardholder services. I pressed to connect, then answered "Arkansas Covid-19 response center, how may I direct your call?" Everyone enjoyed the brief exchange.
    Today I picked up some confetti filled eggs. Gonna go peg some folks when they come to get their checks. Gotta get that levity wherever you can find it.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  10. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    But they're not even half used yet...there's still room left to chew....all along, (and on ends) of the clips.

JB

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  11. rydods

rydods Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It's going to be race season here soon and I usually avoid it like the plague (no pun intended). Too much sponsorship crap. I'm thinking it may be a good side project if it doesn't get shut down entirely and if we're slow. Guy just picked up his stuff he ordered a couple weeks back and paid cash. :)
    If this continues into the summer, I'm thinking of just locking everything up and finding a nice little camping spot out in the middle of nowhere to avoid everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    I hear Alaska has some nice summers and only a 12 pack of corona at the moment, so bring your own beer!

13. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I'm using the downtime to attempt to train my cat to sniff out the COVID virus, as they do with dogs on some cancer wards finding melanomas before tests show anything. No good results so far. I have him watching CDC Youtube videos but every time I turn my back he switches back over to cat videos.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  14. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Like incessantly refreshing signs101 to see the latest forum battles?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  15. Notarealsignguy

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Like frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer

16. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Just from my observations, something like that would have to be coupled with anxiety for that to happen.

In general, habits born out of anxiety are more destructive in nature. Again, just from my own observations.

17. Notarealsignguy

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    I was kidding and also eat my pens. Theres a lot of life left in those caps

18. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I agree, she left the best parts untouched.

In general, habits born from the coca plant are hard to stop. ..That's just my exper...or observation.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I hope I don't need to counselling for my pen cap habit...just thinking with the virus going around it's not a good idea to put things in your mouth. When I do installs I put the squeegee in my mouth. I stopped doing that last month. If only I had more hands....

20. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Dont worry, everyone puts the squeegee in their mouth. I just haven't found a good place to put the knife...thing rolls all over the place. I'm lucky my head hasn't been cut open given the amount of times I've left it on a ladder step and it falls as I move it.

• Like Like x 1