• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Really getting bored now

Jeremiah

There was/is a guy In my general area who was on Facebook who listed. "Help me Help me" I'm a Disabled person with no money . I live in my truck and will make signs for 2/3 the price that the sign companies charge. No business license , no phone. Give me your address I will come to you. THIS IS *&^%$# BUT ACTUALLY A REAL LISTING.

dypinc

There was/is a guy In my general area who was on Facebook who listed. "Help me Help me" I'm a Disabled person with no money . I live in my truck and will make signs for 2/3 the price that the sign companies charge. No business license , no phone. Give me your address I will come to you. THIS IS *&^%$# BUT ACTUALLY A REAL LISTING.

The way things are going we may all end up like this guy.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Does anybody like you?

An only child? Right.
Why don't you go play with your catheter.

Of course the hotdog joke was lame.
It was lame as hell.
I set a trap for you.
What kind of an idiot would even react to it?
What's lame is you keep repeating the same things. Although I've never heard of the catheter thing before. And I havnt heard of stinky feet since I was in 2nd grade...so maybe there is hope for you after all. I'll keep toying with you,

decalman

What's lame is you keep repeating the same things. Although I've never heard of the catheter thing before. And I havnt heard of stinky feet since I was in 2nd grade...so maybe there is hope for you after all. I'll keep toying with you,

Sir... do you even have a life?
Is this all you do..... stalk people on forums.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
With my Cat Powered Virus Detector™ project a complete fail I decided to try something more productive.
I used to bake bread/cornbread from scratch once a week or so, but too much time at the shop and I gave it up some years ago.

covid bread 001.jpg

The good news/bad news is the older you get the more everything seems brand new - even if you used to know how to do it.
This first batch pretty much got away from me but I've got lots of time now to up my game.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That sounds more productive than my weekend... I was watching Tiger King and I'm still wondering what they hell I just witnessed.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just found out I can still work.

According to the published rules for our state:
b. Any operations consisting exclusively of employees or
contractors performing activities at their own home or
residences (i.e., working from home).

If I can ship it fine. Other wise nope.

Was without a vehicle since Tuesday morning and it didn't bother me.
As long as I have the pup to take for walks I'm fine.

Oh and cooking. Can't forget cooking. Tonight its red beans and rice with Andouille sausage.
I just talked to an excavator in town. He told me NOBODY is obeying the no work order...NOBODY. He said all the contractors are still doing everything business as usual, himself included. Non-essential work is continuing as if nothing even happened. He told me to keep working and just keep the door locked and deliver instead.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I saw stuff about a tiger king on facebook this morning. What is it?
It's a documentary that will keep you entertained for about 8 hours. Gay cowboy raises Tigers, had a three-way marriage. Another Tiger lady who has all sorts of shit going on, another one that is running a cult. Really it's a Jerry Springer episode times 20.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
unclebun said:
I saw stuff about a tiger king on facebook this morning. What is it?

It's currently the most popular program on Netflix.

Texas_Signmaker said:
That sounds more productive than my weekend... I was watching Tiger King and I'm still wondering what they hell I just witnessed.

I watched the series too. It was fascinating in the way watching a collision between one bus carrying circus side show freaks and another bus carrying mental patients would be fascinating. Several friends and co-workers keep asking, "why did this clown have to be from Oklahoma?"

I got a pretty good laugh out of "scenery" from Winniewood, Oklahoma. One bit of scenery was NOT in Winniewood at all. Winniewood is a town off I-35 about an hour's drive East from here. Yet they showed a now-dilapidated BAE Systems billboard showing an M109 self-propelled howitzer with the headline, "right gun right now." That billboard stands next to I-44 just outside Elgin, OK. BAE Systems has a production facility there, where they are building M109 A7 units.

Our company built that billboard structure back in 2002 for United Defense, when they were trying to get the Crusader self-propelled artillery cannon system funded. The program was killed just months after we installed the billboard. The Army has spent the last 20 years making more improvements to the M109 platform. Anyway, the face of that billboard was modified a couple times in the 2000's, first to remove the Crusader hardware and then to change the branding to BAE Systems. Then the whole thing was re-printed in Feb 2011. And it hasn't been re-done in the 9 years since. So obviously it looks really bad. BAE Systems is probably just going to have the billboard removed.

I also got a kick out of seeing TV journalist Sylvia Corkill in this documentary. She's from Lawton and used to work at our local ABC affiliate, KSWO-TV. I've met her a few times at events my civic club runs. My girlfriend knows her pretty well. A few other snippets from KSWO-TV coverage of this Tiger King side show popped up in that documentary.

Attachments

• CrusaderBillboard-800px.jpg
    CrusaderBillboard-800px.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 131
  • RightGun-RightNow.png
    RightGun-RightNow.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

rjssigns

With my Cat Powered Virus Detector™ project a complete fail I decided to try something more productive.
I used to bake bread/cornbread from scratch once a week or so, but too much time at the shop and I gave it up some years ago.

View attachment 146298

The good news/bad news is the older you get the more everything seems brand new - even if you used to know how to do it.
This first batch pretty much got away from me but I've got lots of time now to up my game.

My dad is 94 and has gone full bore into baking. Bought a mixer from Sweden. Can't remember where he bought his grain mill. Yes, he grinds his own wheat into flour. Turns out incredible breads, rolls, scones etc... Told him I'm going to bring my Kamado and use it as a wood fired oven. He likes that idea.

What I'm getting at is buy a grain mill. Dad said his bread/bakery were really good with store bought flour, but couldn't get it top shelf until he bought a mill.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I watched it also! It's disturbing to say the least! The main guy looks and acts JUST like my transvestite tenant that rented from me last year. Just made me squirm...ughhhhh

Jeremiah

Local Police came to my friends shop at 4;00 pm yesterday and said "Lock the door at 5 pm and dont open again , you are not allowed to be open ! " She did as they said .

Jeremiah

Yes , but they also did another store in the area. A resale store. A food store and a drug store could stay open .

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Local Police came to my friends shop at 4;00 pm yesterday and said "Lock the door at 5 pm and dont open again , you are not allowed to be open ! " She did as they said .
Print and make a few signs with Covid19 precautions and have them up front. If they harass you tell them you are essential and fulfilling orders for these signs for customers.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm really torn on some of this. I have a concrete business and a heating business that bought new vehicles and they want them lettered. My thought was they are essential and we can supply essential businesses with supplies to keep them operating however is it essential they have the vehicles lettered? The sign shop in the next town in 100% closed. Another is only open 2 mornings a week to full fill orders for essential businesses. I'm not sure what they are doing, would it hurt for me to ask them? I do have a relationship with them as I've often bought supplies from them.