• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Really getting bored now

visual800

I have a box truck to letter and some art to turn into vector. I need to finish wetsanding and buffing my truck I painted last year, better late than never. I bought a new (old) signvan I need to get to the shop for new tires, shocks and brakes. I got stuff to do and now is the perfect time

Nanci

Counting myself as lucky so far. I have quite a few boat lettering jobs lined up, and a few large signs for a company who changed their logo. I can do everything by email, then show up and letter the boats when the weather warms up. I can just drop off the signs, not even go inside, and email the bills. I'm just hoping that Massachusetts does NOT order a shelter in place. So far so good.....

TimToad

I hope I don't need to counselling for my pen cap habit...just thinking with the virus going around it's not a good idea to put things in your mouth. When I do installs I put the squeegee in my mouth. I stopped doing that last month. If only I had more hands....

That's where the alcohol and sanitizing wipes come in.

As well as a wrap tool belt. Even HUSKY and other standard tool belts come with more than enough options to make your own custom vinyl application tool belt.

We each have one and I took the bottoms of the used large OLFA blade containers the blades come in and they make a great holder for x-acto and other trim knife holders and the hard plastic won't let the blades poke through the bottom and cut you.

Stacey K

I like making signs
That's where the alcohol and sanitizing wipes come in.

As well as a wrap tool belt. Even HUSKY and other standard tool belts come with more than enough options to make your own custom vinyl application tool belt.

We each have one and I took the bottoms of the used large OLFA blade containers the blades come in and they make a great holder for x-acto and other trim knife holders and the hard plastic won't let the blades poke through the bottom and cut you.
I could probably sew myself a custom belt now that I will not be working LOL If things get so bad that I need to kill cows for food at least I will have a new business...making custom tool belts for after the apocalypse!

Jeremiah

I could never understand being bored. But I just create more work to keep me busy and rewarded
Reorganize shop ,, label everything so things are easier to find. Then I use my mountain of scraps to create tons of small novelty signs ( samples and for sale ) I NEVER have enough hours in the day when orders are steady.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, here's what I just made, to put on my front door, while it's locked.

covid 19 door.jpg

decalman

If you're bored, looks like Florida is a fun place to go, these days.

Why not get on a plane and go to NewYork.
Lots to do there too. You can practice walking backwards, as the friendly natives cough.

(Kidding)

Not advisable, really.

decalman

One thing I'm doing while stuck at home with the free time: cleaning and disinfecting all sorts of things. The headline saying 40% of those hospitalized for COVID-19 have been under the age of 54 was a bit unsettling. It's going to be one thing if finances get really tight from lack of business. But one of the last things I want is to wind up in the hospital and get my savings wiped out by a hospital bill. My hands still smell like bleach from the cleaning I did last night, despite all the hand washing I've done since then.

I don't have to worry about bills.
I'm soo poor, I live in a truck camper.
My office is a cargo trailer .
I chose this simple lifestyle , because I knew that calamity would strike, and will CONTINUE to strike . This is just an appetizer .

The Good Lord, has still blessed me with work for this week. My schedule is loaded. PTL. I wish all to stay well.

rjssigns

Just found out I can still work.

According to the published rules for our state:
b. Any operations consisting exclusively of employees or
contractors performing activities at their own home or
residences (i.e., working from home).

If I can ship it fine. Other wise nope.

Was without a vehicle since Tuesday morning and it didn't bother me.
As long as I have the pup to take for walks I'm fine.

Oh and cooking. Can't forget cooking. Tonight its red beans and rice with Andouille sausage.

2B

we have seen an increase in orders for restaurants ( We Deliver, To Go Only, Etc...) as well as health providers making direction signs for the Drive-Thru testing

That said, now that the STUPID Daylight Savings has been changed, the evenings are filled with garden prep

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
we have seen an increase in orders for restaurants ( We Deliver, To Go Only, Etc...) as well as health providers making direction signs for the Drive-Thru testing

now that the STUPID Daylight Savings

My household HATES it. I wish we'd end that stupid practice.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I don't want the sun coming up at 4 am in the summer. I much prefer it coming up at 5 and going down after 9.

It's different all over the place. Further north you are the more day/night time swing you have. Right now it doesn't come up till 730 here and that's too late.

unclebun

We're at 7:03 up and 7:28 down today. Until 2005 we were starting at the beginning of April and ending the last of October. They decided to add a month on each end in 2005. It works OK here, but I guess down south it would be better if they'd left it April and October instead of March and November. For us the big boost is having it be light out when you get off work in March after the change. Prior to that we have it dark both on the way to and coming home from work.

decalman

Just found out I can still work.

According to the published rules for our state:
b. Any operations consisting exclusively of employees or
contractors performing activities at their own home or
residences (i.e., working from home).

If I can ship it fine. Other wise nope.

Was without a vehicle since Tuesday morning and it didn't bother me.
As long as I have the pup to take for walks I'm fine.

Oh and cooking. Can't forget cooking. Tonight its red beans and rice with Andouille sausage.

I'm soo poor, I can't even afford a hotdog.