Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really getting bored now

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    LMAO!!! I did a trailer yesterday and by 4:00 I was ready to throw that darn knife across the room!

2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    This is one of the reasons I switched to Olfa snap blades. Unlike nice round, free rolling Xacto handles you have to work hard to get an Olfa stuck in your thigh or foot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    fa05fe382d80b06dad6a75195b3b6e4480b51801-14.jpg

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 3
  4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
  5. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I have a box truck to letter and some art to turn into vector. I need to finish wetsanding and buffing my truck I painted last year, better late than never. I bought a new (old) signvan I need to get to the shop for new tires, shocks and brakes. I got stuff to do and now is the perfect time

6. Nanci

Nanci New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Counting myself as lucky so far. I have quite a few boat lettering jobs lined up, and a few large signs for a company who changed their logo. I can do everything by email, then show up and letter the boats when the weather warms up. I can just drop off the signs, not even go inside, and email the bills. I'm just hoping that Massachusetts does NOT order a shelter in place. So far so good.....

7. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    That's where the alcohol and sanitizing wipes come in.

As well as a wrap tool belt. Even HUSKY and other standard tool belts come with more than enough options to make your own custom vinyl application tool belt.

We each have one and I took the bottoms of the used large OLFA blade containers the blades come in and they make a great holder for x-acto and other trim knife holders and the hard plastic won't let the blades poke through the bottom and cut you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Gotta go with the snap blade style knife, as far as cutting control, it beats the pants off an xacto. It struck me one day right after I got some, but how many cuts do you do that need to be curved vs straight, so why worry about a round knife holder vs square. The NT red dot series is my daily, because I can keep up with it a lot easier with the red dot on the snapper/clip, and that's a high priority with the 6 and 2 year old that can reach the counter top.

9. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Just got done putting together my 40th anniversay 7810 Steam. While I may like my diesel trucks, I do like my steam engines.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  11. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

My layout is set around the 1950's and I'm running all steam locomotives although that may change at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I could probably sew myself a custom belt now that I will not be working LOL If things get so bad that I need to kill cows for food at least I will have a new business...making custom tool belts for after the apocalypse!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    One way to use up 6 minutes:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I could never understand being bored. But I just create more work to keep me busy and rewarded
    Reorganize shop ,, label everything so things are easier to find. Then I use my mountain of scraps to create tons of small novelty signs ( samples and for sale ) I NEVER have enough hours in the day when orders are steady.

15. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Well, here's what I just made, to put on my front door, while it's locked.

covid 19 door.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. decalman

decalman Active Member

Sep 2, 2012
    phoenix
    Why not get on a plane and go to NewYork.
    Lots to do there too. You can practice walking backwards, as the friendly natives cough.

(Kidding)

Not advisable, really.

17. decalman

decalman Active Member

Sep 2, 2012
    phoenix
    I don't have to worry about bills.
    I'm soo poor, I live in a truck camper.
    My office is a cargo trailer .
    I chose this simple lifestyle , because I knew that calamity would strike, and will CONTINUE to strike . This is just an appetizer .

The Good Lord, has still blessed me with work for this week. My schedule is loaded. PTL. I wish all to stay well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  18. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Just found out I can still work.

According to the published rules for our state:
    b. Any operations consisting exclusively of employees or
    contractors performing activities at their own home or
    residences (i.e., working from home).

If I can ship it fine. Other wise nope.

Was without a vehicle since Tuesday morning and it didn't bother me.
    As long as I have the pup to take for walks I'm fine.

Oh and cooking. Can't forget cooking. Tonight its red beans and rice with Andouille sausage.

19. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    we have seen an increase in orders for restaurants ( We Deliver, To Go Only, Etc...) as well as health providers making direction signs for the Drive-Thru testing

That said, now that the STUPID Daylight Savings has been changed, the evenings are filled with garden prep

20. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    My household HATES it. I wish we'd end that stupid practice.